PDA

View Full Version : ST needs tranlators for their Fan Page.

Jkid
Jun 6, 2003, 09:44 PM
I got an idea,why not let ST ask for applications for volutering to translate their rough english translations. I thinking about 50 people. They might be able to translate the raw Japanese versions.

That way most if not all of the errors you see won't be there.

rena-ko
Jun 7, 2003, 08:06 AM
hm, that would need all 50 people to fluently know japanese and english and to get the cultural and social meaning right in both languages... such people would be very expensive to employ actually.

i think sonic team is happy with those people they have... and hey, even rough english is better than raw japanese sometimes, dont you think. ^_^;

Vanango
Jun 7, 2003, 04:36 PM
if you just want a rough translation just use worldlingo.com or babelfish or any other internet translating site. It would cost them a lot less than hiring translators.

Muku6
Jun 7, 2003, 04:59 PM
I might add this starting poster said "volunteering" (well with my spelling correction). So, yes it normally WOULD be expensive, but if the application is for volunteers, then it'd be.. dun dun dun, free.

Rhete
Jun 7, 2003, 08:26 PM
On 2003-06-07 14:36, Vanango wrote:
if you just want a rough translation just use worldlingo.com or babelfish or any other internet translating site. It would cost them a lot less than hiring translators.

After reading Minhiro, I'm pretty sure thats what they are using >.>

Jkid
Jun 8, 2003, 10:47 AM
Here's my idea: ST would ask for people to volunteer for the translating the rough translations of their english in their website.

Around 5-15 people can do this:First they look at the rough translations on the site then e-mail ST the final copy of te translations then Sonic Team puts the corrections on the Web Site.

There's little Japanese fulnecy needed,just a good amount of English profenicy.

AngelofEnders
Jun 8, 2003, 10:53 AM
I dunno, I find humor in reading it amd it's not like you can't understand what they mean unless you have a second grade reading vocabulary. If I can understand it I have no reason to complain.

malinko
Jun 8, 2003, 10:56 AM
The Minhiro site is a rip off. Seems lke they used babelfish to translate it into engrish.

Jkid
Jun 8, 2003, 07:44 PM
Ancient Wisdom: Evil men win when good men do nothing. In other words,complain to them,there's an e-mail you can type to them,just go to the "Infomation" section and click "Contribute" to write a letter to them.

Vanango
Jun 13, 2003, 09:56 AM
getting volunteers costs time and money.

*shrug* nothing in life is freeeeeeeeee

"yuk yuk, but I don't pay fur me air I breath"

Don't bother with the above, you aren't clever.

Jkid
Jun 13, 2003, 02:52 PM
The only thing it'll take up is their time,since they're volunteers they don't need money.

Vanango
Jun 13, 2003, 03:56 PM
On 2003-06-13 12:52, Jkid wrote:
The only thing it'll take up is their time,since they're volunteers they don't need money.

Okay, they need to find people that will do it, find people that are reliable. Just because you are volunteering doesn't mean you don't have responsibility. Where are you going to host? Text takes up space, space costs money. Do you think stuff on the internet is just floating there? Suspended? It's not. It also takes up bandwidth, bandwidth is very valuable. So only until they can be sure enough people would be reading the works and seeing the advertising and they won't be losing money, then sure, fill out volunteer applications.