PDA

View Full Version : Mag Switch In C-Mode

MaximumDrive
Jun 7, 2003, 01:53 AM
I don't know if this really works or not but hasn't anyone tried switching mags in C-Mode? Example, A RaCast gives his mag to a Humar in the later stages. Why you ask? Simple answer. Since HU characters have the massive ATP, they really don't need any more. What they need is ATA right? And Vicecersa for the RA characters. They need the ATP. Now, since they have switched the mags, its easier for the HU characters to get to use the Mechguns, which is really one of the most powerfull weapons in the game, if you have the ATP for it? And since the RA characters have the HU mag, th will do more damage as well as support the HU's. I really don't know if this a strategy but could someone verify this for me.

geewj
Jun 7, 2003, 02:04 AM
Sounds like a pretty good idea to me. However considering my lack of knowladge about C-mode I'd have to check with real C-mode vets to see if its worth it.

Guntz348
Jun 7, 2003, 02:11 AM
I've done it the later stages so that the humar, or preferably the hucast can use mechguns. Since he has the highest ATP a good pair of mechguns make's pretty damn lethal, and he can stay far outta harms way.

MaximumDrive
Jun 7, 2003, 08:56 AM
So this means that Im right huh? A good Mag switch to the right Chacracter class is a good Idea then huh?

rena-ko
Jun 8, 2003, 09:38 AM
thats a very good idea *slaps forehead*
i'll throw that in the next time a hucaseal repeatedly asks for any marksman arms (and compareable situations) ^_^

thank you very much for mentioning

malinko
Jun 8, 2003, 01:26 PM
Wow! This idea is brilliant! I'll have to try it sometime. You could also swap mags quickly for a Hunter to learn a low level resta even.

Fomar0153
Jan 9, 2004, 06:09 AM
I thoaght everyone did this as i swapped mags with rangers so i could equip a hand gun on the early stages and other ATA weapons on later ones because we just traded our items eg they give me antidote, antiparalysis, trap vision and monofluids. You can guess they were andriods.

Raziel_Kai
Jan 9, 2004, 09:30 AM
How such small stuff gets overlooked... heh

Yeah, we sometimes switch MAGs over the course of the cmode run, as it boosts some stats on other charas.

You just have to practice doing it on the run (i.e.: as fast & efficiently as possible) and you'll raise your success chances (to get through with a good time) considerably.

Dhylec
Jan 9, 2004, 11:30 AM
good idea, i can use this strategy when i play..
but nobody, whom i know, wanna help me w/cmode.. /sigh

Jazhara
Jan 9, 2004, 02:35 PM
On 2003-06-07 06:56, MaximumDrive wrote:
So this means that Im right huh? A good Mag switch to the right Chacracter class is a good Idea then huh?

In some cases, yes. I've tried it extensively.

The only switch that is ever worth doing is RA <--> HU (so good example! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif ) UNLESS you have a HUn / HUm / RAml / RAm who needs to learn a tech disk. If you're just after an S-weapon not TA, the FO lending their mag briefly can let you learn disks you would otherwise not be able to.

Back onto the RA <--> HU switch, and when to do it:

C1 - No (ATA = 0)
C2 - Yes
C3 - Yes, until a Brand is found for the HU, then switch back.
C4 - No (ATA is higher for HUs, keep them with power. RA needs ATA for Autogun).
C5 - No
C6 - No (no real ATA issues, and the HU can't kill a Gilchic with a 3-combo due to reduced ATP. Only char that it's really worth it for is HUcl so she can use a Lockgun).
C7 - Yes
C8 - Yes
C9 - Yes until you find Pallasch for HU, then switch back (HU can't use Pallasch without Mag's ATP).

TBH most experienced players don't bother with this, you wouldn't do it in TA as it takes too long to mess around switching, and you don't really need this sort of help to clear C-mode once you're used to it. We do it a lot offline, due to a fairly inexperienced team and slower levelling.

If you're new to C-mode though, it can make a HUGE difference. If your HU's getting hammered around, getting them able to use a gun can save the stage.

Have fun. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jazhara on 2004-01-10 08:12 ]</font>

VulpesMundi
Jan 9, 2004, 04:40 PM
On 2004-01-09 11:35, Jazhara wrote:
Back onto the RA <--> HU switch, and when to do it:

C1 - No (ATA = 0)
C2 - Yes
C3 - Yes, until a Brand is found for the HU, then switch back.
C4 - No (ATA is higher for HUs, keep them with power. RA needs ATA for Autogun).
C5 - No (no real ATA issues, and the HU can't kill a Gilchic with a 3-combo due to reduced ATP. Only char that it's really worth it for is HUcl so she can use a Lockgun).
C6 - No (as above)
C7 - Yes
C8 - Yes
C9 - Yes until you find Pallasch for HU, then switch back (HU can't use Pallasch without Mag's ATP).

Lockguns don't appear in c5, they begin appearing in c6. Also note that different rangers change the necessity of swapping MAGs. RAmarls can put a real crunch on the MAG swapping issue. They have such low ATA during C-mode that swapping their MAG will cause them to not be able to use better guns on certain stages. RAcast (and even a RAmar and RAcaseal on c9) also effect some stages, but not to the same extent.

c3: RAmarl will only have 76 ATA with a swapped MAG and would require 2 levels or 2 ATA in order to equip an Autogun.

c6: RAmarl will only have 86 ATA with her original MAG and 83 ATA with a swapped MAG. She'd require at least 2 levels or 2 ATA with her natural MAG to equip a Lockgun, and using a swapped MAG she would require 5 levels or 5 ATA in order to equip a Lockgun. RAcast will only have 85 ATA with a swapped MAG and would require 3 levels or 3 ATA in order to equip a Lockgun.

c7: RAmarl will only have 85 ATA with a swapped MAG and would require 3 levels or 3 ATA in order to equip a Lockgun. RAcast will only have 87 ATA with a swapped MAG and would require 1 level or 1 ATA in order to equip a Lockgun.

c8: RAmarl will only have 86 ATA with a swapped MAG and would require 2 levels or 2 ATA in order to equip a Lockgun.

c9: RAmar will only have 96 ATA with a swapped MAG and would require 2 levels or 2 ATA in order to equip a Railgun. RAmarl will only have 94 ATA with her original MAG and 89 ATA with a swapped MAG. She's hard-pressed to equip a Railgun without either feeding the MAG for DEX and/or acquiring a */Arm unit. RAcast will only have 95 ATA with his original MAG and 90 with a swapped MAG. He'd require at least 4 levels (he doesn't gain ATA on level 22) or 3 ATA with his natural MAG to equip a Railgun, and using a swapped MAG he can't equip a Railgun without either feeding the MAG for DEX and/or acquiring a */Arm unit. RAcaseal will only have 97 ATA with her original MAG and 92 ATA with a swapped MAG. She'd require just 1 level or 1 ATA with her natural MAG to equip a Railgun, and using a swapped MAG she can't equip a Railgun without either feeding the MAG for DEX and/or acquiring a */Arm unit.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=listarticles&secid=109

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2004-01-09 13:47 ]</font>

Jazhara
Jan 10, 2004, 11:10 AM
On 2004-01-09 13:40, VulpesMundi wrote:
Lockguns don't appear in c5, they begin appearing in c6.

Pedant. Corrected...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

On 2004-01-09 13:40, VulpesMundi wrote:
Also note that different rangers change the necessity of swapping MAGs. RAmarls can put a real crunch on the MAG swapping issue. They have such low ATA during C-mode that swapping their MAG will cause them to not be able to use better guns on certain stages. RAcast (and even a RAmar and RAcaseal on c9) also effect some stages, but not to the same extent.

c3: RAmarl will only have 76 ATA with a swapped MAG and would require 2 levels or 2 ATA in order to equip an Autogun.

c6: RAmarl will only have 86 ATA with her original MAG and 83 ATA with a swapped MAG. She'd require at least 2 levels or 2 ATA with her natural MAG to equip a Lockgun, and using a swapped MAG she would require 5 levels or 5 ATA in order to equip a Lockgun. RAcast will only have 85 ATA with a swapped MAG and would require 3 levels or 3 ATA in order to equip a Lockgun.

c7: RAmarl will only have 85 ATA with a swapped MAG and would require 3 levels or 3 ATA in order to equip a Lockgun. RAcast will only have 87 ATA with a swapped MAG and would require 1 level or 1 ATA in order to equip a Lockgun.

c8: RAmarl will only have 86 ATA with a swapped MAG and would require 2 levels or 2 ATA in order to equip a Lockgun.

c9: RAmar will only have 96 ATA with a swapped MAG and would require 2 levels or 2 ATA in order to equip a Railgun. RAmarl will only have 94 ATA with her original MAG and 89 ATA with a swapped MAG. She's hard-pressed to equip a Railgun without either feeding the MAG for DEX and/or acquiring a */Arm unit. RAcast will only have 95 ATA with his original MAG and 90 with a swapped MAG. He'd require at least 4 levels (he doesn't gain ATA on level 22) or 3 ATA with his natural MAG to equip a Railgun, and using a swapped MAG he can't equip a Railgun without either feeding the MAG for DEX and/or acquiring a */Arm unit. RAcaseal will only have 97 ATA with her original MAG and 92 ATA with a swapped MAG. She'd require just 1 level or 1 ATA with her natural MAG to equip a Railgun, and using a swapped MAG she can't equip a Railgun without either feeding the MAG for DEX and/or acquiring a */Arm unit.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=listarticles&secid=109

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2004-01-09 13:47 ]</font>

True enough, but let's face it not many people are daft enough to play C with RAml, and if they're doing it for the challenge then they're either good enough not to bother with this, or so inexperienced they should play with a droid to learn first. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jazhara on 2004-01-10 09:19 ]</font>

Capricornus
Jan 10, 2004, 08:21 PM
On 2003-06-06 23:53, MaximumDrive wrote:
I don't know if this really works or not but hasn't anyone tried switching mags in C-Mode? Example, A RaCast gives his mag to a Humar in the later stages. Why you ask? Simple answer. Since HU characters have the massive ATP, they really don't need any more. What they need is ATA right? And Vicecersa for the RA characters. They need the ATP. Now, since they have switched the mags, its easier for the HU characters to get to use the Mechguns, which is really one of the most powerfull weapons in the game, if you have the ATP for it? And since the RA characters have the HU mag, th will do more damage as well as support the HU's. I really don't know if this a strategy but could someone verify this for me.

Might be Ok to switch in certain areas and also depending on the class, like fox and Jaz mentioned.
Rule most certainly doesnt apply to TA, as most players play quickly without having to bother when to reswitch mags. In TA Ra's are also a class not easily accpted. As for the HU-FO mag switch, I wouldnt even advise this in normal clear games (FO's need their MST)

Jazhara
Jan 11, 2004, 09:00 AM
As for the HU-FO mag switch, I wouldnt even advise this in normal clear games (FO's need their MST)

What I was saying above is it can be worth switching HU <--> FO to learn a tech disk, then swap back again - e.g. HUn learning Zonde in Mines. Obviously once the disk is learnt the FO gets the Mag back. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif