PDA

View Full Version : XBox: Intercontinental possibilities?

Gwilym
Jun 7, 2003, 02:51 AM
I was just wondering, is there a chance that European, US and Japanese servers will ever link up?

I think it's quite on odd thing to do, isolating each region to its own, and especially in Europe, where most of us can't understand a word of each other's languages.

So you get Blocks with things saying:

FRANCAIS
GERMAN ONLY
UK ONLY

And it gets hard to find a game.

Oh, and just to finish off, does anybody play EU PSOX around here?

andrewfee
Jun 7, 2003, 06:59 AM
I was on the phone to MS to complain about this (and a couple of other things) and they said that it was done so that hacking wouldn't get so widespread on all 3 servers. I told them that it was hacked on day 1 and they were aware of this.

They also said that unless sonic team "patches" the servers hacking won't be stopped, the only way to try and stop them is to use feedback.

The person then said that they are considering merging the servers together if they get enough complaints about it - so call now!

rena-ko
Jun 7, 2003, 08:01 AM
especially the european situation must be a pain. i feel with you, honestly ^_^;

but i dont think they'll ever connect the japanese with other servers... maybe at least us and pal...
hm... would be interesting... to voice chat with some japanese, i could actually practice (both my spoken english and that handful of japanese i know)...

leads to a personal question: how are the australian servers handled? they're seperated for themselfes as well?

Mizu
Jun 7, 2003, 10:20 AM
Talking to Japanese ppl would be Kool!! Then I could ask them whats the latest anime out there http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Starman
Jun 7, 2003, 11:14 AM
No thanks im just fine playing Europe only. It would be nice to have a UK only server.

AynRand
Jun 7, 2003, 11:49 AM
I got psox for eu on day of release played it a few hours then returned to jpver1.1 on gcn, psox sux monkey balls, all u get is a war of words between english and french aka frogs, limited people and games it really is no fun,

Starman
Jun 8, 2003, 04:49 AM
Well I dunno who you got to play but im having way more fun over GCN version. But each to their own I guess.

Tetzuro
Jun 8, 2003, 01:01 PM
hmmm i dunno i think talking to the japanese would be kinda useless if only some understand us, but then again yeah it could be really cool and a new way for me to learn japanese!

Gwilym
Jun 9, 2003, 04:03 AM
leads to a personal question: how are the australian servers handled? they're seperated for themselfes as well?

Answer: Australia doesn't even have Xbox Live yet.

fuuchann
Jun 9, 2003, 04:55 PM
I really hope they link us with the Eu ,and japan,because i won't spend fifty dollars plus eight,just here people beg me for rares.

Elmo
Jun 9, 2003, 07:14 PM
a phone number would be nice to call ehh? does any one have it...

Jkid
Jun 9, 2003, 07:51 PM
1-800-4MY-XBOX

Elmo
Jun 9, 2003, 09:21 PM
thanks

Mizu
Jun 9, 2003, 09:33 PM
On 2003-06-08 11:01, Tetzuro wrote:
hmmm i dunno i think talking to the japanese would be kinda useless if only some understand us, but then again yeah it could be really cool and a new way for me to learn japanese!

No, Xbox Live has the ability to translate! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Stampede
Jun 10, 2003, 08:17 AM
Yeah. Im on EU servers too. And it sucks. The french are impossible to reason with, since they cant do nothing but speaking, well, french. Im thinking about leaving PSO-X for GameCube, where I can play with my US friends.

Duder_Cooter
Jun 10, 2003, 08:53 AM
I'm surprised they allow games with any type of fighting and loyalty in France. You know they aren't any good at either.

Jack
Jun 10, 2003, 09:00 AM
On 2003-06-10 06:53, Duder_Cooter wrote:
I'm surprised they allow games with any type of fighting and loyalty in France. You know they aren't any good at either.

Wow, what a fantastic turn of wit. Oscar Wilde must be rotating rapidly in his grave.

AppieDPC
Jun 10, 2003, 09:26 AM
Best thing about PSOX voice chat 4 good old cmode. Missin: the JPN servers where most ppl that own cmode play(includin japanese and english speakin ppl)
No link 2 JPN servers?!
Voice chat becomes useless all i will b doin is explaining the cmode 2 stupid n00bs that is if there even ever will b a EU cmode block(and that will happen never)
Servers seperate is stupid. And actually the main reason why im not gettin the game. Seperate 2 stop hackin?! Omg lmfffffffffffffffffffffffao
And 4 Japan and USA Word Select (made 2 translate 2 other languages 4 ya not just if u dont have a kb or 2 goddamm 2 lazy 2 type lol) is completly useless. 1 of the good things from dc completly useless.
And like every1 else the last thing i wanna hear trough my mic is some goddamm french http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
I must b completly drunk b4 i buy xbox pso or have money 2 burn http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Duder_Cooter
Jun 10, 2003, 09:45 AM
Ahhhh Wilde is dead, who cares.

Classix
Jun 10, 2003, 12:09 PM
On 2003-06-10 07:00, Jack wrote:

On 2003-06-10 06:53, Duder_Cooter wrote:

Wow, what a fantastic turn of wit. Oscar Wilde must be rotating rapidly in his grave.

I saw Oscar Wilde's grave... it's pretty big... and easy to pick out from the rest in the area... he'd probably have plenty of room to rotate under that huge thing.

Joe-Azlin
Jun 10, 2003, 08:51 PM
Yea it must suck not being able to talk to anyone....... wait i know perfectly what thats like because im not online. Yay for me. I do understand what your talkin about tho and i think that its stupid also.