PDA

View Full Version : Best offline character?

LemonAndLime
Jun 7, 2003, 06:26 AM
I used to play online PSO...but I've had to stop due to other reasons http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif . Anyway, I've found my team-orientated FOmar is a little crap for offline playing, so I'm looking for some advice as to a new character to make. This is going to be a completely solo character, so I'm not -sure- that an android would be that good, but I'm interested to know what people think.
I'm really looking I think at either a HU or a RA, because for a FO, I suspect I'd just continue using my FOmar.

Thanks in advance for anybody who takes the time to read this and answer the poll.

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Jun 7, 2003, 11:34 AM
I just had to come and vote HUnewearl. Shes got the shifta deband and jellen zalure thing goin for her. She can take care of herself without any need for a support force.

Kaply
Jun 7, 2003, 11:50 AM
I voted for HUnewearl but HUmar comes close as a good alternate choice. A HU would be a good alternative to use since you've already got a FO. A HU android type would give you a lot of grief early and later. It's not easy to shoot your traps to set them off and just running around circling them so that they do go off is a pain. An RAcaseal or RAcast would be a good choice if you wanted to play an android since shot types will generally target the traps as one of the hits.

One thing to consider if you're comparing HU newearl vs. mar. The HUmar can reach it's upper level max in most categories since they can use 250 mats, whereas a HUnewearl wouldn't reach their upper level max in most of their categories. So if you were to look at their maxed stats, it would be something like this:

ATP: 1397 vs. 1237 (HUmar wins)
DFP: 579 vs. 538 (HUmar wins)
MST: 594 vs. 885 (HUnewearl wins)
ATA: 200 vs. 199 (virtually a tie)
EVP: 756 vs. 666 (HUmar wins)
LCK: 100 vs. 100 (tie)

The only spells worth mentioning that they could use would be S/D and J/Z. I don't believe there is much of a damage difference when you use J/Z @ L15 vs L20. S/D for both of them the best one they can get is the M&Y PB which is about L21, definitely higher than L20. Oh one other thing. A L1 barta is very useful in taking down canunes, only 4TP! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Finally, the reason I picked HUnewearl, she looks so cute ^_^

Just so you know, I ended up getting 3 memory cards for this game -.-

Droxitr
Jun 7, 2003, 12:31 PM
RAcast.

Why? Immunity to several status effects that otherwise I would need to carry in my already limited because I don't have anyone to hold things for me inventory. That, and decent HP and ATP while being effective at range to keep me safe... no teammates means no Reverser or Moons.

Interesting though, I keep a solo char for myself and one that I only play with my friends offline. I'm a FOmar and my friends are a RAcast and a HUmar. I agree with you, soloing a FOmar would be hard, but my view is probably skewed because unfortunately, my HUmar friend assumes that if there isn't any monsters in the room when we first get there, that there's no spawn.

Which is when he runs across the room to go loot, triggering the spawn, and leaving the FO and RA to deal with the monsters...

Elusive_Llama
Jun 7, 2003, 01:10 PM
Ramarl is better than even the Hunewearl for solo play, but she requires more TLC than the Hunewearl in order to reach her potential. It will be frustrating at times during her levelling from lv. 1 to around lv. 130+, but if you stick with her she'll become one of the most powerful characters in the game.

Pick Purplenum so you can get the essential Ranger weapons, which are mechguns, Frozen Shooter and Spread Needle.

GuerillaPimp
Jun 7, 2003, 01:27 PM
I have to say, that either a HUmar or a HUnewearl would be the top to choices. HUnney for the fact that she can also use S/D on top of J/Z. And the fact that her resta is also way better doesnt hurt either. Personally i have a FOmar and im not having too much problems soloing when i do. Except maybe in Ultimate Caves (HP and tech lvls too low).

Rhete
Jun 7, 2003, 03:38 PM
The best offline characters are FOnewm, FOmar, FOnewearl, HUnewearl, and RAmarl

Magic is that important offline. For the forces it does tons of damage, especially with FOnewmn and his natural RA amp, though FOmar with his GI amp is no slouch either. FOnewearl has the megid boost which gets her though ult seabed the easiest, if she can stop dying in 1 hit.

For HUnewearl and RAmarl magic is essential to boost their stats and weaken the enemies. Playing offline with a droid is nearly impossible at later stages due to the amount of damage enemies do and the limited number of mates you have, especially at boss battles. With deband and jellen on, my RAmarl takes 11 damage from gillchics in ult mines, and my DFP isnt even maxed. HUnewearl will do even better with her even higher DFP max. They wont clear areas as fast as a force, but they wont ever be in danger of dying, except for those cheap megid shots later on

Trickstr
Jun 7, 2003, 10:34 PM
HUcast is all I say

Lman90245
Jun 7, 2003, 10:52 PM
I would have to say RAmar because of his ATA and nice ranged power balance and he can become stronger than a RAcast with his Shifta and Deband.

AJTheAssassin
Jun 7, 2003, 11:44 PM
Its all about the HUcasts.

NekoHikari
Jun 8, 2003, 09:28 AM
1st Place would have to go to Ramarl.
2nd Place would be Hunewearl.
Then there's everyone else...

otcho
Jun 8, 2003, 09:51 AM
yea... RAmarl is best!

Joe-Azlin
Jun 8, 2003, 10:50 AM
stick with the fomar because forces lvl up faster that any other class with a high lvl rafoie and rafoie merge.

Kaply
Jun 8, 2003, 11:01 AM
One other thing to consider is why you want to still play the game offline?

For me, I like to collect different weapons and see their animations and stuff. For that a FO is very good, and a HUnewearl is also good since only they can use the Heart of Poumn(sp?).

The problem with RA is that generally all their weapons end up firing the same type of bullets. So there isn't much to wow me in terms of finding a new weapon. It's just not the same when you see a frozen shooter vs a Demolition Comet.

Shen-long
Jun 8, 2003, 12:49 PM
I say Fomar, because that is the one I'm using offline until I level it up.

LemonAndLime
Jun 8, 2003, 12:53 PM
Thanks for that Kaply, that's really given me something to think about. To be honest the biggest reason why I want to keep playing, is to see and fight the different monsters in Ultimate mode. But after I make it that far, yeah, I'll probably keep playing to get rares.

I'll keep checking in to see what people are thinking, but I reckon I'm going to keep playing my FOmar, and start a HUnewearl also.

Thank you everybody http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Interceptor
Jun 8, 2003, 01:37 PM
Stick with the force, they're crap on lowlevels
But when you reach higher levels they're the strongest characters. Using meium and hard techniques you can clear rooms in no time.
Much faster than my RAcast with a shotgun.
I've fought alongside a lv110 Force, he allready got into ultimate ruins.

LemonAndLime
Jun 8, 2003, 01:52 PM
So should I worry if I'm level 52 and I can't beat normal Seabed Upper Levels???
hehe...god I'm bad at this game

RellikTakahashi
Jun 8, 2003, 02:08 PM
Forces in general are hard to train offline by yourself. They waste so much TP so quickly and to buy the stuff they need costs alot. I would choose either a Ranger or Hunter first then Train the FO char. You can always get provisions from Your other chars.