PDA

View Full Version : xbox implosion

Streen
Jun 7, 2003, 08:38 AM
it is a sad as my xbox decide that it had had enough and was no longer going to work. fun times, eh? so anyway does anyone know if i can use my live account on my new xbox when i can afford it and does any one have any suggestions on cracking the thing open and getting my files off of it, so i don't lose my characters and the uniques i had collected. I have a freind that offered to p[ower level my characters back up when i recreate them but i don't like doing that and it won't help with the mags i was working on that i lost. any help anyone can offer would be very cool.

Rich_T
Jun 7, 2003, 01:24 PM
try calling microsoft for help on this.
as for transfering your files accross, it might be possible to open up your dead X box and swap the hard drives over, as this is where your game saves are stored, unless the hardrive is tied down to that x boxes serial number.
an alternative would be to use a memory card and transfer your saves bit by bit.
again contact microsoft, but dont mention opening up your X box

CajunSamurai
Jun 7, 2003, 06:46 PM
Try "Account Recovery" from the XBL menu under Account Management... That should work fine for transfering your XBL account to a new Xbox.
Far as transfering game saves, that'll be a little more difficult. :/ I'm not the one to ask about that, though.