PDA

View Full Version : When did you start playing PSO?

FluxGryphon
Jun 7, 2003, 03:53 PM
For the first time, yesterday I realized I've been playing PSO for less than a year. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif With the exception of C-mode, I feel like a veteran player.

How about other folks?

Guntz348
Jun 7, 2003, 04:07 PM
I got PSO for dreamcast on version one. I had read about it a little and watned to play it, then about a week after it was released I saw it in the store and remembered I wanted to play it. So I bought the game a the 20 dollar DC keyboard (cheap and mass produced, always availible, god ya had to love that), and I've been hooked ever since.

DukeElrond
Jun 7, 2003, 04:22 PM
I've been playing since about March of 2001 -- version 1 days.

Wait a minute -- you've been playing PSO for less than a year, yet your PSOW "Joined Date" is April of 2001. Did you lurk around here for a year before you bought the game?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DukeElrond on 2003-06-07 14:25 ]</font>

Nidarrock
Jun 7, 2003, 04:50 PM
Been playing PSO since the first day on DC PSO ver. 1. I skipped the GC version and went for the Xbox version though. A small break but it was worth it.

dude3282
Jun 7, 2003, 04:51 PM
Hmm, I played on my neighbor's Dreamcast, version 1. Didn't get too far, though. Bought PSO for GC in October, got grounded, got corrupted, end up with a lvl 17 character right now. Sucks.

Mystil
Jun 7, 2003, 05:09 PM
Febuary, 14, 2001.

LamerPanda
Jun 7, 2003, 05:14 PM
I had Dreamcast version 1 that was bought sometime in 2001, but I barely did anything on it. x_o; I didn't really get very far until GC, so I've only been seriously playing it since November or so.

Ayumu_Kasuga
Jun 7, 2003, 05:25 PM
Been playing since February 2002. I watched a friend play and got frustrated when he couldn't get past the caves with his RAcaseal. Bought version 1 first, upgraded to version 2 when my character was around lv 50. Finally got online in September when my character was around lv 80, and didn't stop playing the DC version until I got the xbox version in April.

Smurvis
Jun 7, 2003, 05:38 PM
Been around since Ver. 1 on DC. Got it like 3 months after release. Skipped Ver. 2 on DC. GC player now. Not intending to get X-Box version.

HiroTristar
Jun 7, 2003, 05:41 PM
I started playing the day the game arrived at my local Best Buy (perhaps a day or two after official launch). Didn't actually start playing online til about a month after I got it, since that was a dreadful period in which I had no access to the internet whatsoever (we hadn't had an active ISP for a few months during the period PSO came out). Got version 2 the day it launched and played that for about 5 months then got the GCN version about a year later and played that online for about 3 months. Just started playing offline again a few days ago, and am awaiting a license renewal to get back online. ^_^

Frozt
Jun 7, 2003, 06:28 PM
One day playing bluestinger on DC when I my friend came over and told me about it so the next day I buaght it for the DC and got hooked.

ex
Jun 7, 2003, 06:29 PM
ive been playing pso gc since about christmas.

jonny-5
Jun 7, 2003, 06:31 PM
benn here since day 1 and have played every version except xb

EvilNixon666
Jun 7, 2003, 07:49 PM
I started playing PSO in late March of 2001, after my fiance suggested we rent it. I also played v2 and then the GC PSO. If I had some extra cash I might get the xbox version...

ABDUR101
Jun 7, 2003, 08:25 PM
As many others, I've been around since Version 1. It's been a helluva ride, and I've had my in's and out's with the game, taking breaks and then jumping back in, but hey, it's something to play a game for over a year straight. =)

A big hurray for ANYONE that stuck with PSO after so long. =D

Nai_Calus
Jun 7, 2003, 08:28 PM
I started playing earlier this year(Forget when exactly... Feb.? March? Something like that...) on a whim. I was over at the boyfriend's house and poking around his brother's room for a game to play while he played Marvel vs. Capcom(Yech. I prefer KoF) and ignored me. I didn't have a GC, so I figured I'd play something for that. Well, Zelda didn't interest me, and the only other things I'd heard of that his brother had were Metroid Prime and... PSO. I was undecided, I'd heard good things about MP, and I also wanted to play PSO so I could properly say I hated it, as when the boyfriend and I were living in seperate cities he was playing PSO all the fricking time and never talked to me, which pissed me off to no end and made me hate the game sight unseen. So I did the good old highly scientific stupid-rhymes-and-alternately-pointing-at-the-different-things-to-make-a-decision thing, and wound up with PSO. So I tossed it in. I didn't particularily care what the hell I used, so I went with the HUmar. So I played around with the character creation for a while until I got something I liked, and then started playing. Couldn't combo to save my life, died every other minute, got startled by, and tried to kill, the -butterfly-, had no clue what the hell I was doing, and the next thing I knew it was several hours later and they had to pry the controller from my hands and -make- me quit. >_>;;; I went over to play PSO so much that his brother got sick of me using his GC all the time and in my desperation to play more PSO, any PSO, I made my boyfriend get out his copy of Ver.2 so I could play that. >_>; I had a FOnewm on that. Eventually I wound up just getting a bloody GC, specifically for PSO. Got a memory card and was able to give it to the brother so I could keep his old one and not have to start Ian-Kun X over again. Got another memory card so I could have 8 characters. I do nothing but sit here and play PSO all day.
...I should have just played Metroid Prime.

TST-leader
Jun 7, 2003, 09:09 PM
I got it the day it came out in 2001

Para
Jun 7, 2003, 09:22 PM
i started playing when my cousin introduced me to it at his house while he was playing with his friends and i got hooked XD

Vandule
Jun 7, 2003, 10:26 PM
lets see i preordered dc v.1 . stoped after that and picked up when i got my gc.

Ghaleon
Jun 7, 2003, 10:27 PM
i started watching my brother play DC version 1 then i though "hey this looks interesting" so i try it and BAM im hooked and i havent put down the controller since

Trickstr
Jun 7, 2003, 10:32 PM
2001 1st of march My birthday

Dhylec
Jun 7, 2003, 10:51 PM
since dcv2..but i have both ver's
currently on gc offline & cant get enough http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Vantamiath
Jun 8, 2003, 12:22 AM
I don't even remember what compelled me to buy PSO on day one of its dreamcast release (god rest that wonderful grey machine), but I did, and I've been playing it ever since.

I remember when I first got it I was really confused on the concept...eventually I found out I could feed my mag (when I was about level 17) and that my HUmar I made had a ponytail. (Didnt know how to rotate the camera in the create a character, didnt realize till I got in-game).

I was hooked. I remember reading it was an RPG, and my brother absolutely cant stand RPGs, but I figured he would like it since it wasnt turned based fighting.

We both own a gamecube. He's in college. I'm at home.

We both still play PSO almost EVERY day.

Atley
Jun 8, 2003, 01:17 AM
Same as alot of people, March 2001. When ver1 on Dreamcast was first released. I only joined this forum yesterday though (trying to get a bit of info about ver2 before i buy).

rena-ko
Jun 8, 2003, 07:12 AM
i got it (v1) with all my other dreamcast stuff when i brought it second handed from a friend. that time it was released around 2 months ago in europe.

first time attempting to go online was several months later, btw...

Yosho
Jun 8, 2003, 08:28 AM
I've been playing this drug since about the second week that Version 1 came out for dreamcast.

Ranger_Larry
Jun 8, 2003, 08:37 AM
February 3, 2001. Not quite the exact release day, but only a few days after I think. I went online on Feb.18, 2001, and the addcition rate climbed rapidly after that! From last year around this time until December I had a bit of a lull, but even then I played the PC demo when I was bored lol! (I couldn't get online on the dc from May 2002 onward because I got dsl, and I didn't get the gc ver until December, just got tired of waiting for XB version)

Joe-Azlin
Jun 8, 2003, 10:56 AM
i have been playin since about february or january of 2003. so not that long but im pretty good at the game so o well lol.

CGoodness
Jun 8, 2003, 03:21 PM
I started on December 28th, 2002 when my friend got it and slept over at my house. It was funny, we go lost on Pioneer 2.

I got to level 76 on my own memory card (all offline) then I bought the game in March and just go to level 100 today. (still offline)

SubstanceD
Jun 8, 2003, 03:53 PM
I'm pretty sure I answered this question in a similar topic to this one back when I first joined PSOWorld but here I go anyway.

Played Phantasy Star 1-4 on emulator on the PC, I was very impressed with Phantasy Star 4 in particular. Heard about PSO v.1 for the Dreamcast. I bought it shortly after launch, played it for month ( as a Humar ), hated it, put in the storage, picked it up about a year later, tried a Hucast, tore through the levels like they were tissue paper and became addicted to PSO ever since.

Kent
Jun 9, 2003, 01:41 AM
I've been playing PSO since exactly three days after the release of V1.

SLyNKee
Jun 9, 2003, 03:05 AM
I got it March 1st 2001. Got it on my B-Day since i had read about it, i was in desperate need of a new RPG for DC and what better than one thats online... I made a HUcast when I teleport to F1 I was sort of dissapointed....

I was like wtf is that a Light Saber? Killed some stuff, leveld up once or twice then went online and fell in love.

I remember when my jaw dropped the first time I saw a short HUmar run to the Dragon teleporter with what!? A DOUBLE SABER! OMG I MUST OWN ONE!

Then I imported v2, got tired of US release date being pushed back, then i retired from PSO in December 2001, and on Launch day of GC PSO I bought it and played offline for a week or two before i could find a network adapter..

RuiN
Jun 9, 2003, 03:26 AM
Exactly one week after the release of version 1 for DC....the next day, I got myself a keyboard http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

CajunSamurai
Jun 9, 2003, 06:08 AM
Day one, PSO Version 1. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif OLDSKOOL SUCKAS!!!
Man, that was so incredibly cool, logging on that night... everyone was a newbie, and the Lv20 characters were seen as GODS among men.
I remember seeing a few people from the IGN staff in Oberon, heh. Pretty exciting...
An awesome mid-level JP FOmarl helped me through Caves that night, and gave me (playing a RAmar at the time) Panic Repeaters... which, of course, I coveted as like, some weapon of LEGENDARY power... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
I remember when me and a group of Lv20 characters couldn't even beat De Rol Le. Yes, we were ALL ignorant newbs at one time... How depressing. >_O

Maki_Nomiya
Jun 9, 2003, 08:46 AM
Since the first release for DC i play pso everydays http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

MasterForce
Jun 9, 2003, 10:58 AM
I read about it in my EGM magazine and it said it was coming out in like two weeks. so my aunt was going to take me to her house to visit my cousin but she took me to bingo first:( i hate bingo. well anyway i won 700 so i bought a dc and pso

th0rnz
Jun 9, 2003, 11:36 AM
Been playing since the day it came out on Dreamcast, played V1 and V2 for a combined 3,000 hours. I now have the x-box version, and soon if M$ doesn't start updating more I'm buying the GC version as well.

Suppa_Buddha
Jun 9, 2003, 11:41 AM
I started in April 16, 2001. The ver. 1 days and the only reason I went out to buy DC. Then I skipped ver. 2 and moved to GC and here I am now.

Nei3rd
Jun 9, 2003, 12:55 PM
I got the original for the DC a few days after it came out. I still remember my first character. A Skyly named Serge. After he reached about level 80 I deleted him because it got too easy with him. So I started a new character named Nei-3rd who was a FOnewearl. A few days later I heard about Ver.2 and that the level was upped to 200. I was kicking myself hard that day.

ISHKOO2
Jun 9, 2003, 02:11 PM
I got the Xbox game on april 19th. but i started playin on my friend gamecube around Feb. of this year.

ShieldDragon
Jun 9, 2003, 02:39 PM
I didn't realize how long I have been playing this game until I thought about it. I got v1 back in the day on the Dreamcast when it came out. I quit for about a year because I was at college, but got back on the drug after I came back home. I truly got serious about it on the GC though.

RoyFokker
Jun 9, 2003, 02:40 PM
Hi everyone, new to the forums here.

I started playing PSO with V2, but I started at a pretty bad time, when all of the wannabe haxxorz were running rampant. I was in the Marines at the time, so that was like two years ago. I stopped playing for a while when I lost my level 160+ HUne named Reiko to BSOD caused by some idiot named +++. SOmething I still remember to this day, heh.

GC PSO comes out, and I got it on launch day. BBA's were never available around here until about two months ago. I played pretty heavily for a bit, then I started neglecting it, mainly because I work two jobs at once... Got the ASCII KB recently and probably will come back to it. Look for a HUne named Reiko.

EsperJ
Jun 9, 2003, 05:43 PM
26th February, 2001.

Still got the game receipt ^ ^

FluxGryphon
Jun 21, 2003, 11:35 PM
On 2003-06-07 14:22, DukeElrond wrote:
Wait a minute -- you've been playing PSO for less than a year, yet your PSOW "Joined Date" is April of 2001. Did you lurk around here for a year before you bought the game?
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DukeElrond on 2003-06-07 14:25 ]</font>

Well, I don't remember exactly why I joined way back then, but I'm certain VulpesMundi is to blame. For whatever reason, while he was into PSO and I was at school I joined PSOWorld. *shrugs* In the long run, I ended up getting hooked myself, obviously. lol If it were possible to make a graph of my activity back then when I wasn't at all knowledgable of PSO, it would've been a flat line. In contrast, now I'm spikin'. ^v^

Seems like a lot of people have been with the game since it first game out, but there have been a few newcomers like myself. COOL!

kikuichimonji320
Jun 21, 2003, 11:45 PM
been playin since december 21 2002 i remember cause it was my bros 16 b day

kikuichimonji320
Jun 21, 2003, 11:46 PM
my bad it was december 27

Night_Star
Jun 22, 2003, 01:02 AM
ive been playing since (around) the day it came out on DC ver1. i played offline for about a month before going online (had no ISP at the time)
then i got about 6 characters to lvl 100 before ver2 came out, when i got that i never was able to online with it, but i still played it till my DC bit the dust http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif which was the may before GC pso came out
i got GC PSO on the day it came out, still play it everyday (offline) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif (cant get online for some reason) overall ive put about 6000 hours into the game in 2 years http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

AxemPunanny
Jun 22, 2003, 01:06 AM
I've been playing PSO since it first came out on Dreamcast in the US. I believe it came out the first week of Feb. '01. I got the game a couple days after it's release. I got v.2 a couple days after it's release, Oct. '01. Unfortunately, I stopped playing it Feb. '02. I didn't get back until this late May on Xbox. So I've been back for about a month. I plan on getting the GC version sometime down the road.

I played the game religiously, amassed well over 1000 hours with 9 chars, 40 + mags (20+ maxed out at 200), and a load of stuff. Til this day, my main chars are still in badly need of a transfer. Not to mention all the good people I met online, back in those days. I still haven't been online yet, for the Xbox.

If you see Punanny online, give me a holla. hahaha.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AxemPunanny on 2003-06-21 23:07 ]</font>

Night_Star
Jun 22, 2003, 01:09 AM
you can transfer offline, not sure if you can on xbox, but i know you can for GC, all you need is more than 1 character

VulpesMundi
Jun 22, 2003, 03:20 AM
I bought DC ver.1 on January 31st, 2001, a day or few after it came out in the US. I didn't officially start playing it until the next day (February 1st). The funny thing is I didn't have any idea what the game was going to be like. I saw a couple of pictures, but didn't even know what the gameplay entailed. I simply bought it so I could have something to play with a bunch of my online friends. The rest, as they say, is history. I've been addicted since day one. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Statto
Jun 22, 2003, 03:37 AM
Been playing since DC V1 launch date, The imported V2 and got pissed of at how hard Ultimate was, gave up and then got it again on GC launch date and cant now put it down

-[HARDCORE]-
Jun 22, 2003, 11:05 AM
January 2001.

I played PSOv1 import online for a little while then when the US Version came out I just played that instead.

Hunter4life
Jun 22, 2003, 01:22 PM
I've only been playing since November 25, 2002 on the Gamecube version. Got online for the first time in April.

Neo_Slayer
Jun 22, 2003, 01:23 PM
i started to play 2 weeks go.

Auro
Jun 22, 2003, 01:32 PM
the day v.1 came out in the US.

AxemPunanny
Jun 22, 2003, 01:41 PM
Night_Star, the need for a transfer is really for my DC chars. Transferring on Xbox/GC makes it alot easier, too bad you can't have a char leave and enter a game one at a time.

tennis_guy
Jun 22, 2003, 02:22 PM
like 6 months ago,...but I got my copy about 3-4 weeks ago!

Ness
Jun 22, 2003, 02:31 PM
The day it came out on Dreamcast.