PDA

View Full Version : Stupid newbie questions

BlehBlehAmiga
Jun 7, 2003, 07:39 PM
I've played through the forest a few times, and beat the dragon today as part of the heater sword quest. I don't think I can get past the forest yet, and the quest is still in the list. I talked to the Do I need to kill the dragon without being inside a quest to do that? If I do that, what happens, how do I get to the next area? The forest is starting to get boring http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. This is online btw, only done a few random quests on single.

I got an "Add Slot". I'm assuming I use that and put a slot in any item I want? If I put an item in the slot, can I take it out or is it like socketing in diablo? Do any items come with slots already? How would I know if it has one?

What's a 'photon drop' good for?

Are amplifiers things that go in weapons? What does it do if you have a barta/resta amplifier and you put in armor? I don't know how the whole process works.

I'm sure more newbie questions will come.

BlehBlehAmiga
Jun 7, 2003, 07:51 PM
Oh, the duration on shifta gets longer right? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Guntz348
Jun 7, 2003, 08:01 PM
To open up new areas online, you have to beat them offline. So if you want to have all levels open you have beat them offline. Clear forest, touch the pole, then caves and touch the pole, then mines and touch the pole. Then when you beat mines, it'll unlock ruins. Once you've done this, then when you go online all the levels will be open for you to play. Those quests are just stand alone levels for you to do for exp or money. They also serve to flesh out the story a bit more too.

The add slot adds a slot to you amour so you can put an extra unit in there. It can not push your slots past four. By units, I mean the items that say like, Knight/power, angel/ming, ect. Anything that says in the description, 'a reinforcing unit for armour'.

Photon drops are traded in at gallions shop, guide here,

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=307

Amplifiers are used on there corisponding barriers. They go together and make a merge, then when you equip that it will boost the spells powers. Guide here,

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=301

The amount of time shifta and deband last is based on how high level the spell is. Hope this helps. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Guntz348 on 2003-06-07 18:02 ]</font>

BlehBlehAmiga
Jun 7, 2003, 08:27 PM
It does, thanks for the help.

BlehBlehAmiga
Jun 7, 2003, 08:30 PM
Oh a followup I guess

I saw the big pole thing in Forest 2, and touched it but it didn't seem that anything happend. I guess I need to kill the dragon offline to get to the caves?

If I get to the caves offline and create a new game, and a friend joins who hasn't done if offline yet, can I telepipe him or something? Or does he have to beat it too?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlehBlehAmiga on 2003-06-07 18:30 ]</font>

Rhete
Jun 7, 2003, 08:34 PM
On 2003-06-07 18:30, BlehBlehAmiga wrote:
Oh a followup I guess

I saw the big pole thing in Forest 2, and touched it but it didn't seem that anything happend. I guess I need to kill the dragon offline to get to the caves?

There are three poles like that, together they open up the fourth stage, so be sure to hit them when you find them (they are in forest 2, caves 2, and mines 2)

To open up caves, kill the dragon, then talk to the principal again.

If I get to the caves offline and create a new game, and a friend joins who hasn't done if offline yet, can I telepipe him or something?

Yes, you can telepipe him. He could also use the large warp on pioneer 2 to get to the start of caves 1. Basically what stages are available is only dependant on the creator of the game

Guntz348
Jun 7, 2003, 08:37 PM
On 2003-06-07 18:30, BlehBlehAmiga wrote:
Oh a followup I guess

Yeah when you go up to it, it should give you the little "action" symbal in your shortcut. The A button will turn into that push button thing. Then it'll kinda glow and stuff. Once you beat the offline dragon, the caves will open in both modes. And just so you know it only works for the difficutly you are playing in. So if you clear out offline normal, only the levels will be open in online normal. For the other difficutlys you have to redo it.

If I get to the caves offline and create a new game, and a friend joins who hasn't done if offline yet, can I telepipe him or something? Or does he have to beat it too?

Yeah he can play no prob. The levels open are determained by the game maker only. If I make a game and I have all the levels open, you can go to any level you want if you join. Also if I leave the game, you can still go into any level you want. Also who ever is the maker is the one who determines the section ID of the game. This affects what rares will drop. If the maker the leaves, the person who's been there the longest, there section ID takes over, but all levels remain open.

BlehBlehAmiga
Jun 8, 2003, 04:18 PM
Thanks all for the replies.

A few more..

How do you get more online quests? I got to the caves online/offline and so did a friend, but we still only have the shop and heater sword quest. Do they just come at specific levels?

Where do you get other mags?

Atax
Jun 8, 2003, 04:50 PM
On 2003-06-08 14:18, BlehBlehAmiga wrote:

How do you get more online quests? I got to the caves online/offline and so did a friend, but we still only have the shop and heater sword quest. Do they just come at specific levels?

Where do you get other mags?

Online quests arn't affected by what your character has accomplished (IE more won't appear when you access mines). Online quests have to be manually placed on the server by ST to be accessed, what you see is what you get.

And on you're last question, you gain different mags by raising your current mag. There is guides on mag raising in the guides section of this site.

BlehBlehAmiga
Jun 8, 2003, 05:21 PM
So does that mean those are the only online quests?

And when I said different mags I guess I meant additional. Do you mean that when it levels and changes, eventually I'll get a second mag to raise? I should have phrased that better.

silvermax
Jun 8, 2003, 06:12 PM
you start with one mag,

and can find more mags in boxes, ive found at least 30 from mines... seems to be the best place to find them

BlehBlehAmiga
Jun 9, 2003, 06:54 AM
Thanks I didn't know you could find them like items.

My newbieness knows no bounds, I do try to look stuff up first and have read a lot btw http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I bought armor that has 2 slots. I've got a bunch of units. I equipped the armor and them equipped one knight/power unit or whatever the +5 ATP is. Any time I try to equip another unit (for the second slot), it just unequips the first one and equips the new one, it doesn't allow me to equip two at a time. I tried to use two of the same units and figured maybe you couldn't stack them, I tried two different units and that didn't help.

Is there something special you have to do to use multiple slots?