PDA

View Full Version : Wow. Fone beats HUne in mat usage.

Mystil
Jun 7, 2003, 09:21 PM
Today, I noticed something odd when I looked in my bank today. The four very old Evp mats were grey shaded. Now I thought that was just funny. Then when I looked at my base stats for my FOne, it was true.

I was finally maxed on mat usage. I ate the 20th and final mind mat yesturday. What's sad is...I don't think I'll get to 500 ATP through leveling(I'm at 433 now) And I think I'll miss max MST by 1000pts(I have 1484)I think at 200 I'll have 1600...

So the only stat I'll max out on is Evasion(I have 600 now), DFP is just 313. Hehe, my hunewearl still has like 20 usage left I think. And she's of higher level. Bah, I miss no max limit.

RoninJoku
Jun 7, 2003, 09:49 PM
I personally hate the whole material thing... I know it was probably put in to make peoples stats unique... But if thats the case then they shouldve made no max stats with a max material limit but a way to get rid of the materials youve already used... (in case you horribly screw up)

Nai_Calus
Jun 8, 2003, 03:10 AM
Mats suck, yes.
I've used too many Power mats on my FOmar, but that's with the Mag he's using now... If I give him one with more mind it's fine. Besides, he's human, so he gets 250 mats so it's not like I can't still max damn near everything.
On my HUmar, on the other hand, with his current Mag and the 9 Mind mats I used on him somewhere along the line, god knows where, his MST will be perfectly maxed out at L200. O_o;;; And with the current Mag and the 250 mat limit on humans, I've figured that I can max out everything but Luck and 1 mat short of one other stat, probably evade or defence.
...I have no idea where the hell I'm getting all those Power, defence and evade mats, but hey. He'll need /Arm units, though, since the Mag has very little dex, but other than that... Heh. Well, at least I got the last two Luck mats today doing Ult Mines to get it to 30, so that's out of the way.
But yeah, mats suck. *nods sagely*

Kaply
Jun 8, 2003, 04:09 AM
There's a mat usage guide on this site somewhere, I'm glad I took a look at it to plan out my mat usage. However I'm also not 100% confident in the L200 base and max. I also disagree with some of the suggestions but that's ok, I can modify some of that on my own. Then comes dl'ing a mat tracker from this site also, it's in the downloads area under general.

rena-ko
Jun 8, 2003, 06:59 AM
hm, the limit is somehow useful and right, but the problem with mats is, if you eat one by accident then its eaten...
you should be able to erase several mats - maybe in gallons shop and for meseta, i dont care.
well... until then my fonewearl runs around with 2 more def an 2 more evade points...

SubstanceD
Jun 8, 2003, 03:11 PM
On 2003-06-08 04:59, rena-ko wrote:
hm, the limit is somehow useful and right, but the problem with mats is, if you eat one by accident then its eaten...
you should be able to erase several mats - maybe in gallons shop and for meseta, i dont care.
well... until then my fonewearl runs around with 2 more def an 2 more evade points...

I agree. It is a pain in the ass keeping track of all the mats your character has consumed, the last thing you want to do is give your character the wrong mat becuase just like that hours and hours of hard work can just go straight down the toilet. it is especially anoying for me since my Hucaseal has consumed all the DEF Mats that she needs to and all of a sudden they have become very common, I am always afraid that will accidently eat 1 by accident and scew up all my hard work and planning. same thing about EVP mats, I find 3 times more of these mats than I do any other Mat, I dumped alot of them, sold a few and ignored alot and I still have 20 in my bank at the moment ( to give to some lucky Humar ).

Still despite this minor ( okay major ) annoyance I do think the Mat limit is good because keeps charcter stats in check and prevents them from becoming Godlike.

Sedyne
Jun 9, 2003, 05:31 AM
Even if you follow the guide on PSOW for mate using, if you screw up on a Human character with 40 of the materials you can still compensate....

HUmars only need 221 mates to max everywhere ^_^ if don'e correctly and the correct units are available.

that's based on psow's HUmar max stats

AppieDPC
Jun 9, 2003, 09:44 AM
i like the max mat usuage idea but it is 2 much trouble in keep track of that shyt. But it does give u a nice option 2 c what u wanna excel in on the game:Atp/dfp/mst or whatever.
As 4 ur fonewearl. I just chose 2 get close 2 her max dfp (thx 2 mag) and mind (big max i could drop some god minds when im 200 lol) and 4 fun i max her luck lol (yes doesnt do anythin 4 techs lol) but is fun if i decided 2 go melee with her sometimes lol.

Mystil
Jun 9, 2003, 01:02 PM
Za'leshea was planned later in her levels. Like after level 40. In the beginning, I ate pretty much everything with her. After testing something this morning, I'm not ashamed at the fact that I wont max out on MST. Infact, I'm pissed that I wasted mat usage on mind mats period.

With my mag, TWO of her stats are very close to maxing. DFP and ATP(it's now 554). MST has been down graded from 1494, to 1200. I dumped my mind mag. I miss the no mat limit thing to, but think about how crazy it was on the DC version. Everyone was godlike lol.

Mats I've ate by accident? 4 DEF mats. I compensated for it, by cutting down on POW mat consumption and going up on Mind mat comsumption.