PDA

View Full Version : I get to start over...

Doomed2k
Jun 8, 2003, 12:36 AM
I've got a problem. My brother lost my memory cards so I had to get some new ones. That leaves me open for new characters for PSO...Now the question! Which character should I play as? Some facts are
- I play offline solo
- I play offline multi
- No online play
- No RA Androids
- I like to be able to do decent damage
- I like to have at least Resta and Shifta
- I'm a very pickky player. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ginko990
Jun 8, 2003, 12:55 AM
RAmar or HUnewearl.

AJTheAssassin
Jun 8, 2003, 01:06 AM
On 2003-06-07 22:55, ginko990 wrote:
RAmar or HUnewearl.

HA!
HUcast or HUmar all the way.
Hunewhatevers can't even use most Double Sabers!!!
Now HUcasts and HUmars are great!!! Strong, and very good at equipping weapons.

Soukosa
Jun 8, 2003, 02:01 AM
On 2003-06-07 23:06, AJTheAssassin wrote:
HUcast or HUmar all the way.
Hunewhatevers can't even use most Double Sabers!!!
Now HUcasts and HUmars are great!!! Strong, and very good at equipping weapons.

HUcasts or HUmars don't have S/D which the person requested. Also, there's only one twin that I know of that HUnewearls can't use, and that's the Stag.

Joe-Azlin
Jun 8, 2003, 11:04 AM
what kind of character do u like to play as? like a force, hunter, or ranger?

SubstanceD
Jun 8, 2003, 02:52 PM
Humars are a good choice because they have the strongest overall stats in the Hunter class, they have the second highest ATP in thier class ( 3rd highest if you take into consideration that Hunewearls can use shifta and Humars can't, but that can be remedied in multiplayer if you have a suitable party ), they can use resta and they can use 250 mats ( 100 more than the other hunters ) which goes a long way to helping to squeeze out all the potential out of you character and helping him max out as much as phyiscally possible.

Hucasts are also pretty damn cool. Highest HP of thier class, highest ATP of thier class ( so high that you won't really need shifta at all ), high DEF ( second highest in thier class ) and then there are all the benefits of being a droid ( you can see and use traps, no poison and no paralysis ).

Then there are Hunewearls. Stat wise they don't seem as impressive as the other two characters but when you take into concideration the fact that they can cast Shifta, Deband, Resta and host of other spells that can be upgarded up to level 20 it is no suprise as to why they are easily one of the most used characters in the game and the no.1 choice of all the experts and longtime PSO-ers on this site. They alos have the best DEF of thier class ( at least untill untill a Hucast reaches it's absolute max. By the way why do Hunewearls have such high DEF, I thought that all newmans were suposed to be lacking in the DEF department, thats the way it has always been in the Phantasy Star series, newmans were powerfull magic users but very frail phyisically ). Many concider Hunewearl to be the most self sufficient of the Hunters.

Sadly I don't know much about the over classes since I am a Hunter person so I can't give you much info on them but Ramar and Rarmal also seem like very good choices for you. Ramar is like a Humar ( with rifles and shot guns instaed of Swords ), he also has Shifta and Deband. Ramarl is weaker pysically but is more adept with spells.

I won't recomend and Forces since you say you want to do decent damage ( I presume this is physical damage we're talking about here otherwise it's open game all the forces ), I should howver mention that in solo gameplay, once a Fomar maxes out he does become very physically strong and even more versitile than a Hunewearl but it will be a pain in the ass getting him there.

Reenee
Jun 8, 2003, 02:59 PM
It turned out that the Twin Brand was better than that crappy Stag anyways.

CGoodness
Jun 8, 2003, 03:05 PM
how bout some FOnewm?

Kent
Jun 9, 2003, 01:56 AM
On 2003-06-07 22:36, Doomed2k wrote:
I've got a problem. My brother lost my memory cards so I had to get some new ones. That leaves me open for new characters for PSO...Now the question! Which character should I play as? Some facts are
- I play offline solo
- I play offline multi
- No online play
- No RA Androids
- I like to be able to do decent damage
- I like to have at least Resta and Shifta
- I'm a very pickky player. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

You want Resta and Shifta, so that takes off HUcast, HUcaseal, HUmar, RAcast and RAcaseal. You want to be able to do decent damage, so that takes off the RAmar and RAmarl.

That leaves you with the HUnewearl, FOmar, FOmarl, FOnewm, and FOnewearl. If you want to be able to do good physical damage, take a HUnewearl, FOmar or FOmarl, if you want to do purely technique damage, go for a FOnewm or FOnewearl. A FOmar would be the best bet if you want a mix of both.

Lman90245
Jun 9, 2003, 02:46 AM
RAmar, because his max base atp is 1260 which is pretty strong with level 15 shifta, highest ATA of any class... which means you won't be seeing "MISS" a whole lot which comes in handy in Ultimate, trust me on that =)

Sedyne
Jun 9, 2003, 05:27 AM
be a HUnewearl or RAmar if you don't want a challange and alot of fun.

Or be a FO to have alot of people wanting you to play with them

Duder_Cooter
Jun 9, 2003, 06:44 AM
RAmar.....enough said.

Blenjar
Jun 9, 2003, 09:03 PM
RAmar, RAmarl, FOmar.

Get a HUcast. Forget Shifta.

Doomed2k
Jun 9, 2003, 09:49 PM
Thanks. I chose a FOmar and he is a purplenum. He does good magic and phys damage and picks up some nice items here and there.