PDA

View Full Version : HUcast or HUmar?

Atley
Jun 8, 2003, 01:14 AM
Im wondering what class to be for my new character on xbox version of PSO. Last time i was HUcast and i loved it. But after hearing people saying HUmar is better i'm considering being HUmar instead.

HUmar OR HUcast?

Nani-chan
Jun 8, 2003, 02:34 AM
It depends on your playing style and your friends.
Humars can resta and J/Z which is usefull offline and in certain groups.

I think you should stay with the hucast since you liked it previously. They do more damage, have more hp and more def then a humar. Also have good trapage per level.

They're also really good in c-mode.

Kaply
Jun 8, 2003, 04:05 AM
HUCasts really only pull away in power in the higher levels, like L100+ maybe even as far as 150+. Their stat gains are otherwise very similar and if this isn't your first character, you've got a lot of leeway in terms of consuming mates since mars can use 250 vs. 150 of the cast.

Having resta nullifies the HP differences usually.

Then you have the techs vs. traps. The way I see it, they're roughly similar also. The freeze trap is similar to rabarta except it's a guaranteed freeze, however it's drawback as a trap is that it takes time to detonate. I heard the damage trap gets better at higher levels, and I'm not sure what a L15 tech could do in damage for mars.

rena-ko
Jun 8, 2003, 06:54 AM
since techs do quite a nice damage these days and a humar always has a distance'weapon' at hand (foie or zonde for example), not to speak of the resta...

finally, you have the specialized hucast on the one hand and the more open humar on the other.

flip a coin or have both ^_^
or start a humar offline, get him through normal mode and then decide if you want to keep him.

good luck anyway

Sedyne
Jun 8, 2003, 07:30 AM
On 2003-06-07 23:14, Atley wrote:
Im wondering what class to be for my new character on xbox version of PSO. Last time i was HUcast and i loved it. But after hearing people saying HUmar is better i'm considering being HUmar instead.

HUmar OR HUcast?

There aren't enough Casts on Xbox. Be a man, and be a HUcast. I'm only a HUmar because i prefer the easy gameplay. They are only better because they are much easier to use, and most people aren't aquainted well enough with PSO to use a HUcast to there potential. They in my opinion if you are a high level are the best characters in the game, and when you get a FO with level 30 shifta in there there's no competition. Also HUcast is the only class that can legitmately get their ATP to be 4000+ with mags super shifta and a good weapon. Just thought i'd note that.

But go with what your more comfortable with, HUmar's just have the tech advantage however the only thing you'll "ever" use is
Rafoie (To make sure u hit all the enemies)
Anti (To heal ur stupid effects, whereas hucast arent effected by those things anwyays)
and Resta (but dont forget HUcast has auto-regen HP ability and when u get to level 150+ u get abou 2 HP back per second)

CGoodness
Jun 8, 2003, 09:45 AM
I never use andriods because i like resta and without rafoie it takesme forever to beat de rol le/ dal ral lie/ barba ray

Non-Toxic-Crayons
Jun 8, 2003, 09:58 AM
I personally think hucast doesnt have high enough atp to make him worth using over any other character. Plus humar has the magic ability to heal himself XD
Cant go wrong with resta.

Joe-Azlin
Jun 8, 2003, 10:54 AM
yea dude i like my hucaseal but i would go with the humar just because they are like the best character in the game. they have the most well balanced stats and they are strong and can heal themselves........so whats wrong with them lol.

Sedyne
Jun 8, 2003, 09:04 PM
In my personal opinion....HUnewearl is the best character in the entire game all around.

SeraphinBlue
Jun 8, 2003, 09:33 PM
It is all bout the Humar magic beats all plus Hucast cant hit for sh*t

Murky_Death
Jun 8, 2003, 09:58 PM
On 2003-06-08 02:05, Kaply wrote:
HUCasts really only pull away in power in the higher levels, like L100+ maybe even as far as 150+. Their stat gains are otherwise very similar and if this isn't your first character, you've got a lot of leeway in terms of consuming mates since mars can use 250 vs. 150 of the cast.

Having resta nullifies the HP differences usually.

Then you have the techs vs. traps. The way I see it, they're roughly similar also. The freeze trap is similar to rabarta except it's a guaranteed freeze, however it's drawback as a trap is that it takes time to detonate. I heard the damage trap gets better at higher levels, and I'm not sure what a L15 tech could do in damage for mars.

i have a level 52 HUcast and my bro has a level 90 HUmar and i have more power than he does. we both have devas too so no power difference there. hucast have the highest atp potential of any class and high hp. but i'd have to go with the humar. they do have resta and i'm finding it difficult to beat falz on very hard offline. the only recovery items i have are di, tri, and star ats since shop doesn't sell monos anymore. i've fought him 3 times and he keeps beating me because i don't have enough recovery items. it's a real pain in the ass. humar is the better choice.

RoninJoku
Jun 9, 2003, 01:20 AM
I like the idea of a HUmar over HUcast and i like most of HUmar's stats and abilities more... but i just cant get over the fact that i dont like the appearance of HUmar...Im sorry if that offends anyone but I just think he could have been cooler and had some hair with a natural hairline that doesnt look strange....

nevermind me..... im crazy...

Atley
Jun 9, 2003, 01:46 AM
Thanx for all the posts everyone, I think I will create a HUmar get it to lvl 30 or so, and then create a HUcast, or something like that anyway. And I know what you mean,
HUmar is incredibly ugly!

Sedyne
Jun 9, 2003, 05:34 AM
On 2003-06-08 23:20, RurouniJoku wrote:
I like the idea of a HUmar over HUcast and i like most of HUmar's stats and abilities more... but i just cant get over the fact that i dont like the appearance of HUmar...Im sorry if that offends anyone but I just think he could have been cooler and had some hair with a natural hairline that doesnt look strange....

nevermind me..... im crazy...

I <3 Crazy People

Kaply
Jun 9, 2003, 09:17 AM
I know most people don't consider this, but also a HUmar can consume 250 materials vs. a HUcast 150. What this means is that their final stats will probably look something like this

(ATP/DFP/ATA/EVP/LUCK)
HUmar (1397/579/200/756/100)

HUcast (1614/506/191/585/100)

* This is after considering the MAG bonuses you can add on. This is also assuming your max priority is LUCK > ATA > ATP > everything else.

If you check the stats, the main difference is in the ATP by about 200 pts. Which comes out to be about... 50 dmg? on ULTIMATE.

Maelkith
Jun 9, 2003, 12:21 PM
all the above posts have merit. however, traps are more than just equal to techs. the first time you get a humar to ultimate mines you will wish you had chosen hucast.

lemme explain why.

gilchiches are very hard to knock down. they have an amazing amount of hitpoints. they also hit very hard regardless of level 15 jellen. hucast has one very big advantage at that level-- confuse traps. it is a joy to behold the mighty riot of metal goliaths beating the trans fluid out of each other. a trap master can use a gun in concert with traps to self detonate them. weather it be to freeze things and make a hasty escape or luring enemies, traps are far superior to spells. resta is needed when you are getting hit irresponsibly. the key to androids is avoiding damage.

i have used ultimate mines in my example because that is where the game finally became difficult with my hucast. confuse traps saved my output jack many, many times.

Nani-chan
Jun 9, 2003, 03:11 PM
Facts, or just opinions:

Handguns or sometimes slicers are good for every droid. They can make a trap's activation time 0. Slicers are good against rol lie, or any creature if your power is high enough. (usually is) Mechs can also be used well since the combo can be very high.

Hucast have higher power earlier so they can equip the more powerful weapons earlier.

Resta vs gush (hp draw)- Most people will say resta

Hucasts have the 3rd highest hp and the strongest power. Beserk weapons do 2x damage.. That's why Beserk s-rank sword is popular. Expect so see 2000's.

Or a s-rank jellen beats even a forces Jellen.

Hucast don't have to stop if paraylzed or poison. They are immune.

Humars may have 250 mat usage but they need some mst to learn techs earlier while hucast need 0. Don't put mst in a mag and you will be very strong.

"Last time i was HUcast and i loved it." - most important

Your plan to try different classes is admirable. Good luck in finding what you like no matter what other people say or think.

Forever Zero
Jun 9, 2003, 05:52 PM
Hmm, I'd say go with the HUmar. Sure HUcast has nice atp, but they also have the lowest ata in the hunter class >_< No good having all that atp with low ata, imo.

It's also nice to have some support spells. That will help you out greatly. I'm real big on support and think it's very importaint that even though you're not a force, you can still cast resta/anti on a team mate and also help with the j/z. When I play with a Hunewearl or RAmarl we usually split the j/z job to help weaken the enemies faster. Tis much fun http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Well, that's my opinion. If you have the room on your mem card, make 'em both and you'll find what you like, promise XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Forever Zero on 2003-06-09 16:00 ]</font>

Shadow2290
Jun 9, 2003, 08:56 PM
DEX mag=demi-god HUcast

seriously all you need is 60 dex and 135 pow mag and there ya go instant ownage, also throw in a god/arm and a few god/abilitys and it dont matter seeing how god arm= 100 dex.

Neverwinter
Jun 10, 2003, 05:49 AM
HUcast Because he is the toughest fighter, he can attack up front, no need for techs, he has the highest ATP in the game and a fighter is meant for brawn not brains.

bordering
Jun 10, 2003, 07:12 AM
what the hell? where did all the elitist HUmar haters go? how... awkward.

anyway, i run both a HUmar and a HUcast at decent levels. but, perhaps becayse i started my HUmar when i was relatively new (perhaps not), i have had a WAY easier time with my cast. he's INSANELY powerful. i use a 10/100/90/00 mag on him (it currently maxes his ata with one god/arm).

and, after having playind NOTHING but tech users, i have found that on any class save FOne* traps>>> techs. my level 115 HUcast can handle offline seabed just fine. it took my HUmar 'til around level 130 to be able to do that. and a HUmar's techs are worthless on ult for anything except for disarming traps (i always carry trap visions) and locking up xp.

and if you're worried about leveling consistantly, learn how to best use a slicer (diska of braveman w/ hit %s + half-decent FO that knows about resta = mass ownage) and dmg traps to lock up xp.

besides, i don't know about on xbox, but on gcn there's a HUGE HUmar backlash. a -lot- of people won't play with you if you have a HUmar... just 'cause you're a HUmar. yea, it's stupid, but that's one thing to keep in mind.

Stampede
Jun 10, 2003, 11:59 AM
Dont wanna upset anyone but, don't you think HUmars looks incredibly stupid? They're simply... ugly. Go with HUcast, be a little different. It's not like the choice will change yer life or anything.

Forever Zero
Jun 10, 2003, 01:15 PM
besides, i don't know about on xbox, but on gcn there's a HUGE HUmar backlash. a -lot- of people won't play with you if you have a HUmar... just 'cause you're a HUmar. yea, it's stupid, but that's one thing to keep in mind.

And that has to be the biggest bunch of BS I ever heard XD My HUmar is nearly Lvl 200 and NEVER asked to leave a team or get called a N00b cause I play as a HUmar. Sorry, that's just an unintelligent stereotype and not true http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

HUmar's techs aren't useless. Are you forgeting Resta? Anti? Jellen? Zalure? Also the Rabarta spell is very usefull as it can freeze badguys. XD

I don't think HUmars are ugly. I think they are the coolest looking in the game. Kinda samurai style http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Forever Zero on 2003-06-10 11:21 ]</font>

hucasts_rock
Jun 10, 2003, 03:21 PM
HUcast...just equip a few elf/arms++ and they rule PSO w/ high hit % mechs....most HUmars I met use bkbs,t-j swords,and dbl cannon at like level 20...I hate that because I'm sitting there trying to hit the enemy and a HUmar has already killed allof them in one swipe...most HUmars online also have a bad attitude and cuss you out when you tell them they're using dupes...they also spam symbols and shortcuts all the time...but I do understand not all HUmars are like this, it's just I'm so annoyed at the majority...but that's not what this thread is about...I prefer HUcast over HUmar...not for the issue I stated, just imo HUcasts look cooler http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

bordering
Jun 10, 2003, 03:59 PM
On 2003-06-10 11:15, Forever Zero wrote:

And that has to be the biggest bunch of BS I ever heard XD My HUmar is nearly Lvl 200 and NEVER asked to leave a team or get called a N00b cause I play as a HUmar. Sorry, that's just an unintelligent stereotype and not true http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

HUmar's techs aren't useless. Are you forgeting Resta? Anti? Jellen? Zalure? Also the Rabarta spell is very usefull as it can freeze badguys. XD

I don't think HUmars are ugly. I think they are the coolest looking in the game. Kinda samurai style http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Forever Zero on 2003-06-10 11:21 ]</font>

are you on gcn or xbox? from what i hear, xbox is overrun with HUmars. they haven't gone throught The Backlash yet.

if you want evidence of the virulence of the HUmar hate that pervades some parts of pso gcn (mostly it's the legits who behave in this immature fashion, not, for once, the dupers... heh) check this

post:http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=49636&forum=11&86

and really, it's not about that. it's about traps>>techs. if i'm a HUmar and -i'm- the one j/zing and restaing, then there's something serioulsy weird about the party i'm in. i can't remember when last i played 4 HUs. i do remember that it wasn't a very smooth game. heh. i don't hate HUmars, i have one, and i love him. i just have an easier time with... and a bit more fun with my HUcast.

Dime
Jun 10, 2003, 05:47 PM
HUcast.

Traps > Techs

Traps > You

Traps > Your diabetic grandmother

Forever Zero
Jun 10, 2003, 06:06 PM
On 2003-06-10 13:59, bordering wrote:
are you on gcn or xbox? from what i hear, xbox is overrun with HUmars. they haven't gone throught The Backlash yet.

if you want evidence of the virulence of the HUmar hate that pervades some parts of pso gcn (mostly it's the legits who behave in this immature fashion, not, for once, the dupers... heh) check this

post:http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=49636&forum=11&86

and really, it's not about that. it's about traps>>techs. if i'm a HUmar and -i'm- the one j/zing and restaing, then there's something serioulsy weird about the party i'm in. i can't remember when last i played 4 HUs. i do remember that it wasn't a very smooth game. heh. i don't hate HUmars, i have one, and i love him. i just have an easier time with... and a bit more fun with my HUcast.

I'm on the GC version. Hmm, I read through that topic and I honestly think that guy is an idiot and his option isn't valid to me. I mean, I don't think I'd take a person like him serious. I know how to play my class right and that's all that matters. And I'm not a BKB or Tsukimiri J sword user either http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sometimes I do get stuck in a team with no S/D support when it's just me with my RAmar friend, or bot friends. Tis ok for me, I don't mind doing a lot of the support. I also like to help out with Resta and Anti even though a force is around. I think it's the nice thing to do to help out http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

It's cool that you like HUcasts and all. I think it's good that everyone has their own class that they enjoy and play, that's what makes PSO fun. I just don't like certain classes being bashed and criticized just because someone else playing the class made someone mad. I'm not just talking about HUmars either. I've seen RAmar hate, RAcaseal hate, FOmar hate, etc. It's pointless, imo >_< The meanest person I've had to put up with was a HUnewearl who joined one of my teams, but I don't hate all HUnewearls because of his actions.

bordering
Jun 11, 2003, 03:54 AM
I'm on the GC version. Hmm, I read through that topic and I honestly think that guy is an idiot and his option isn't valid to me. I mean, I don't think I'd take a person like him serious. I know how to play my class right and that's all that matters. And I'm not a BKB or Tsukimiri J sword user either http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sometimes I do get stuck in a team with no S/D support when it's just me with my RAmar friend, or bot friends. Tis ok for me, I don't mind doing a lot of the support. I also like to help out with Resta and Anti even though a force is around. I think it's the nice thing to do to help out http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

It's cool that you like HUcasts and all. I think it's good that everyone has their own class that they enjoy and play, that's what makes PSO fun. I just don't like certain classes being bashed and criticized just because someone else playing the class made someone mad. I'm not just talking about HUmars either. I've seen RAmar hate, RAcaseal hate, FOmar hate, etc. It's pointless, imo >_< The meanest person I've had to put up with was a HUnewearl who joined one of my teams, but I don't hate all HUnewearls because of his actions.

well, it's people like you that make HUmars look bad. going off on some crazy, defensive tangent about how HUmars are "teh ub3r!!!!11!!!111!" and other classes suck. that may have been true on DC, but it sure as hell isn't now.

can you read? look at my sig, i have BOTH characters. do you have both a HUcast and a HUmar? i don't think so.

having played both, i think that the HUcast is the superior hunter for a multitude of reasons. primarliy because traps are useful and the HUmar's level 15 techs are only -very rarely- of any use at all.

i'm not dissing on HUmars, i like my HUmar well enough, but if i had to pick between the two, i would say that the HUcast gives the best all around play experience for a NUMBER of varied reasons. primarily the gift of traps and the superior atp and atp growth.

if the topic creator liked his HUcast before, chances are he would be slightly dissapointed with the disadvantages of the HUmar.

Forever Zero
Jun 11, 2003, 04:43 AM
On 2003-06-11 01:54, bordering wrote:
[quote]
well, it's people like you that make HUmars look bad. going off on some crazy, defensive tangent about how HUmars are "teh ub3r!!!!11!!!111!" and other classes suck. that may have been true on DC, but it sure as hell isn't now.

can you read? look at my sig, i have BOTH characters. do you have both a HUcast and a HUmar? i don't think so.

having played both, i think that the HUcast is the superior hunter for a multitude of reasons. primarliy because traps are useful and the HUmar's level 15 techs are only -very rarely- of any use at all.

i'm not dissing on HUmars, i like my HUmar well enough, but if i had to pick between the two, i would say that the HUcast gives the best all around play experience for a NUMBER of varied reasons. primarily the gift of traps and the superior atp and atp growth.

if the topic creator liked his HUcast before, chances are he would be slightly dissapointed with the disadvantages of the HUmar.

Whoa, now hold on. You like... read my post wrong O_o I NEVER said HUmars are the "Uber" and other classes suck. I've played ALL chars in the game at least once and like a lot of them. If you reread my post you will see that I said hating a whole class of people because of ones actions is STUPID. I'm against putting entire classes down, not for it O_o I wish that the hate for classes would stop so we can all play together without this bashing. I was being nice in my post and you misinterpred the whole thing and made me look like a "bad HUmar" which I am not *sigh*

I'm not saying HUmars are the best support chars either. I'm just saying that's usually how I wind up playing cause my force friends are not always online.

Yes, I read your sig, I read your post, I know you have a HUmar. And I said that is FINE that you like your HUcast. Not a thing wrong with that. I wasn't insulting you or anyone else's HUcast opinions in this topic at all. I was mostly disapointed in the creator of that bashing topic you posted. :/ That is what I was directing my hate and venting to.

Ok, I think we should end this now. I'm sure the original creator of this topic has come to a decision and is happily playing PSO now http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Forever Zero on 2003-06-11 02:45 ]</font>

Hunter4life
Jun 11, 2003, 09:47 AM
Humar- Pros- Techs, Versataility(sp?), Evenly distributed stats, 2nd best ATP in the game, easy to use.
Cons- No outstanding stats (except ATP, but HUcast is better there), Very common, somewhat boring character design choices.

Hucast- Pros- Best ATP in the game, traps (at higher levels), can see traps without items, Immune to poison,paralysis, recovers HP slowly when standing still.
Cons- No way to self-heal in battle except with items, low ATA, has to carry an extra weapon for long range.

These are just in my experiance though, and a good mag can dullen some of the blows to each class. Choose your own style, Balanced, tech-able HUmar, or Mega-Powerful trap-using HUcast. The choice is ultimately yours, try not to let anyone influence your decision too much.

wicked_angel
Jun 13, 2003, 05:20 PM
Well...exciting thread. Um, I'd go with HUmar for a coupla reasons, not the least of which is I like their char design..lol. I've personally never witnessed HUmar backlash on gc pso either...and I have found myself in games with 4 hus or 2 hus 2 ras quite often, making that HUmar j&z pretty handy. It's rare that there's a force in the games that I seem to be in. Seems kinda silly to me to hate on a class just because the person playing the character is an idiot--that has nothing to do with the class itself. Good luck with both your humar and hucast, they'll both be alotta fun for different reasons. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Genjiguy
Jun 14, 2003, 10:50 PM
I hope that you've already chose a char to play as and are happily playing PSO but I would like to say that I had a HUcast and a HUmar and after I played a HUcast up to around lvl 100 I can't go back to a HUmar. HUcast's possess such a higher potential for their ATP, I see no reason to have a HU that can't dish out the damage, if you want to use spells use a FO, enough said...............

DarkShinjaru
Jun 14, 2003, 10:57 PM
Yay, I broke the tie. o_o be a HUcast, too many HUmars online. Usually with black costume/black hair or white hair o_o how original. HUcasts are ownage, im lvl 120 now and veeeeeeeeeery happy. As long as ya carry a gun, you can detonate traps instantly. Confuse traps makes any area a breeze, 'specially Ultimate mines. My damage trap currently does about 350 to Arlans for ult ruins, im sure it'll get better. Just make sure you keep their ATA up, it's kinda bad.

DarkShinjaru
Jun 14, 2003, 10:58 PM
Yay, I broke the tie. o_o be a HUcast, too many HUmars online. Usually with black costume/black hair or white hair o_o how original. HUcasts are ownage, im lvl 120 now and veeeeeeeeeery happy. As long as ya carry a gun, you can detonate traps instantly. Confuse traps makes any area a breeze, 'specially Ultimate mines. My damage trap currently does about 350 to Arlans for ult ruins, im sure it'll get better. Just make sure you keep their ATA up, it's kinda bad.

Sorry for double post, it said server error o_O

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkShinjaru on 2003-06-14 20:59 ]</font>

blueearth
Jun 16, 2003, 03:14 AM
I happened to choose a HUmar as my first character, and I like the balanced style they bring - but if I ever made another hunter I would probably make a HUcast. So I will also advise you to just go with what you enjoy most...

Sheik1
Jun 16, 2003, 03:17 AM
HUcast all the way.

HUcasts have high ATP and HP.
They have traps.
They are not effected by poisen or paralize.

HUmars are WAY too common for me to be one...besides they are almost a perfectly balanced character...good for beginners, but the more experianced players like using other characters that are not so balanced.

HUcasts can also not cast techs...so what? If you play well the mats that you carry will last you an entire level.

Night_Star
Jun 16, 2003, 03:27 AM
i would personally choose Humar over Hucast, mostly because hucast has the worst accuracy, and cant use any of the stronger weapons, only because he cant hit them very well.
plus i cant go with out resta very well. even if it doesnt heal you all the way...