PDA

View Full Version : GC: MAG experts: please, I need hints

neko-chan
Jun 8, 2003, 09:34 AM
I have three characters: ORAN HUnewearl, PINKAL FOnewearl and BLUEFULL HUcaseal.

I wanna make a new MAG for the HUcaseal, and I want it in at this conditions:

the MAG must have the Mylla&Yulla Photon Blast;
the MAG's MIND stat has to be 0.

How can I create that MAG, given the fact that I don't want to make a new character with different ID, but instead I'd like to use one of my three characters?

Thanks,

~Neko

Kaply
Jun 8, 2003, 09:55 AM
It's impossible, both of your HU's fall under type 2 sec ID. Only type 1 HU's can get Mylla&Youlla with MIND = 0. FO's would generally get Mylla&Youlla when mind is the highest, or one exception where POW>MIND>DEX.

neko-chan
Jun 8, 2003, 09:59 AM
Thanks.

So, I need to make a new dummy type 1 HU character. Do you know if Mylla&Yulla will be the first Photon Blast gained by the MAG?

dropslash
Jun 8, 2003, 10:08 AM
You could always ask someone else to start the process for you and then take over afterwards.

I raise mags for Androids, usually Rati's, so i have the twins/no mind cycle down pat. At lv200 they typically end up around 20/130/50/00 with Mylla & Youlla, Estilla, and Pilla.

I'd be happy to start one for you if you're interested.

rena-ko
Jun 8, 2003, 10:13 AM
have a ranger mag, feed it antidotes -> this will boost dex mostly and some pow.
(first evo at lvl 10 has to be at a ranger chara - second one can be on any char...)

you'll get estlla (imho the most useful blast) and pilla that way.

now switch it to an A-type hunter or an B-type ranger and continue feeding with the dex > pow > mind order in mind. voila. m&y as 3rd blast.

after that, feed and evolve like you wish

have fun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-06-08 08:14 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Jun 8, 2003, 10:27 AM
No sense in starting a new topic just for this, since it's a similar question...

PB's aren't an issue. The Mag I'm raising has Estlla and will get Mylla and Youlla, so I don't care whether or not it gets a third PB...

Now. I am attempting, now that I have my 5/45/50/0 Rati on it's way to eventually becoming a 5/145/50/0 Rati, to make a 50/0/0/150 Rati.

Yes, yes, blahblahblahSatoblahblahblahNidrablahblahblahMag S&D is uselessblahblahblahnutcaseblahblahblah. I like Rati. :-P ^_^ They're sexy, and Sato and Nidra are not.

Anyways... ^^; What I need to know is, with 0 POW and 0 DEX, will the Mag evolve again at L50? Or will it stay a Vayu like I plan to make it at L35? Will it give me any surprises at L95 when DEF=45? I've never tried to raise DEF much on a Mag before, so I know nothing of this... The POW/DEF Mag was easy and fast, but this is slow, uncertain, and probably eventually frustrating.

...Help? ^^;

Reenee
Jun 8, 2003, 10:29 AM
Mylla and Youlla will never be the first Photon Blast acquired. Hunters always get Farlla, Rangers get Estilla, and Forces get Leilla.

rena-ko
Jun 8, 2003, 10:35 AM
it will definitely evolve at 50, but with two of the stats being at 0, its random what you'll get.

it even could switch back and forth every 5 levels from then on until you finally get your rati at 50 0 0 50.

you could: feed it until lvl 49, save and quit. go offline, feed it to 50 - and if you dont like the outcome, soft reset (on cube thats start+x+b for 1 second, offline it wont save) and you can feed again and see if it randomly choses another possibility (and pb).

(A type hunter => kabanda/m&y or usashu/golla)
(B type hunter => bana/estlla or soma/estlla)

"special" v1 mags with 45+ def are force only, so dont worry about them.

good luck.

dropslash
Jun 8, 2003, 10:49 AM
What character class are you? It's almost possible to do with a RAcaseal, but it would take EONS. Let me know your class and i'll see if i can plan out a course of action for you.

rena-ko
Jun 8, 2003, 11:03 AM
hm... monofluid only until it reaches lvl 35... then anything that boosts def... indeed this will take forever ^_^ good luck.

Kaply
Jun 8, 2003, 11:19 AM
Ok, here's a guideline to create a 0 mind rare mag. I find this guideline to be generally useful since it covers the minimum that most HU/RA would want.

The goal: Create a Rare mag with M&Y PB and also have stats that can be used for HU/RA

Optimal character to use: Type A (Purplenum, Redria, Skyly, Viridia, Yellowboze) HU
Mag L50 Stats -
(5/45/50/0) or
(5/50/45/0)

@L10 - Estilla (HU)
@L35 - Pilla (ALL).........DEX > POW & MIND

@L50 - Mylla & Youlla (HU) DEX > POW > MIND

Alternatives
@L10 - Kalki (RA)
@L35 - (same as above)
- Mylla & Youlla (RA) POW > DEX > MIND
...........................DEX > POW > MIND

Feeding guide as a HU
@LMAG - (5/0/0/0)
try to bring up DEX as high as possible. Feed the mag ANTIDOTEs exclusively.

@L10. - (Varuna)
continue feeding it ANTIDOTEs

@L35. - (Marutah)
I'd have to double check the feeding here, the charts I'm looking at says that you feed it antidotes again to bring up DEX and a little bit of POW, which is what you want at this point also.

@L50. - (Ila)
At this point you want to bring the DEX up to 45 or 50, depending on what your rare mag requires. If you need DEX to go up, feed it ANTIPARALYSIS. If you want POW to go up, feed it DIMATES.

*** The reason you bring up DEX first is because Ila has one of the quickest and easiest feeding tables to advance with. ***

Edit: wah, multiple spaces get chucked out -.-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kaply on 2003-06-08 09:22 ]</font>

Kaply
Jun 8, 2003, 11:25 AM
In the DC version any mag with over 45 DEF wouldn't evolve again unless you were a FO. I don't know if this carries over to the GC version though.

rena-ko
Jun 11, 2003, 05:12 AM
nice guide, but little correction needed:

if you want estlla, you'll have to start feeding with a ranger. a hunter won't get estlla but farla as first blast.

for the second evo at lvl 35 every chara can feed it, since a kalki will always turn into a ranger mitra at dex > pow > mind. thats no problem because the mitra gets the same feedingstyle and photonblast as a hunters marutah would have with the same formula.

andrewfee
Jun 11, 2003, 07:18 AM
http://members.lycos.co.uk/andrewfee/Bhima.txt

That's a Bhima (rare) mag I'm currently raising - it has the best photon blasts, looks really cool, and will do shifta & deband when your pb hits 100, invincibility for 1/10hp and boss fights, and has a chance of reviving you.