PDA

View Full Version : berdysh

jspacemunkey
Jun 8, 2003, 04:15 PM
okay...looking at this bad boy in the item db and i'm thinking: durrr?

according to the db, the berdysh has an atp bonus of 270 to 290. however, one of the images of the berdysh shows a humar holding it in his inventory. according to the stat increase shown in the image, the berdysh gives a 550 point atp increase (plus an addition 18 'cause the berdysh in question has been partially ground). so which is it? 270-290 or 550? i'm desperate to know because i'd love to get one of these if it's 550. loooove. i should mention that i'm on xbox, in case the stats were reduced/increased since dc pso.

thanks in advance,

jc

LollipopLolita
Jun 8, 2003, 04:37 PM
those are ver 1 screenshots

jspacemunkey
Jun 8, 2003, 04:47 PM
argh. i was afraid of that. thanks!

jc

silvermax
Jun 8, 2003, 04:58 PM
yeah that sux when you look at a wep and go holy crap!!, then look at the screen shot ver. and go oh....... well nuts..

Reenee
Jun 8, 2003, 06:29 PM
It's still not a bad weapon. Ungrinded, it comes barely right after the Red Partisan.

Remember, those stats were in Version 2. GC PSO is not Version 2.

jspacemunkey
Jun 8, 2003, 06:56 PM
ver 2 stats? so you're saying it might be a bit different in gc and xbox pso? anyway, i still think it's a cool weapon (certainly looks hardcore), it's just that i've got one of those duped tsumikiri j-swords that's floating around xbox, and i've sort of become dependent on it. i'm dying to get rid of it 'cause i'm not terribly keen on dupes. i'm waiting to get my very own s-rank sword and partisan if they ever release the remaining c-mode levels for xbox.

jc

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jspacemunkey on 2003-06-08 16:57 ]</font>

LollipopLolita
Jun 8, 2003, 06:59 PM
weapons had different stats in ver1/2 and in ep1/2

the stats in the db are the ep1/2 stats

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-06-08 17:00 ]</font>

jspacemunkey
Jun 8, 2003, 07:02 PM
i see. hmmm...well, i'm gonna stop wasting everybody's time and try to trade for a berdysh. thanks again everyone!

jc

NeoPhatnutz
Jun 9, 2003, 11:15 AM
It seems many top V2 weapons have been greatly weakened to make way for brand new GC Rares to come into the spotlight and take the top star ratings.

Berdysh kinda upset me. I REALLY wanted one in V2, since it was easily the most powerful Partisan in the game. Now its power has been greatly reduced. I was kinda disappointed to find that it was now only a 10-star instead of its original 12. It's still a great partisan, but Soul Banish is a little better, strength-wise.

However, strength doesn't always prove the bottom line. As is the Dark Flow, which is the most powerful sword in the game, but only swings once per attack. Therefore, the highly duped Tsumikiri J-Sword, not far behind in power, is by far the more favored Patriarch of the Sword class. Same with Berdysh. Granted it's class limitation (HUcast/HUcaseal only), its a little tough to work with if you dont have those characters, but it does have a feature that makes it the best Partisan in the game-its special, the only weapon to share the Tsumikiri's.

A Shockwave that uses PB. Activating the special requires at least 20 PB, and will drain the PB bar no matter how much of it you have after 20. The wave hits enemies all around you in a radius similar to Farlla, or even Pilla. The strength isn't too strong when you'll likely first get it, but as you get really high in levels, you'll also notice that the special gets increasingly stronger as your ATP goes up too. A great thing to have, a Photon Blast replacement that will get stronger as you do.

Also, 20 PB is only the first swing of the special. You can swing again for another Wave hit at 40PB, and a third at 60 PB. Three Swings is the most you can do in a single activation of the Special. You may want to do it as soon as you hit 60 PB now, but if you wait until the bar is full, the attacks also gain more range and power. Best to wait sometimes until the bar is full.

Take note, the Shockwave blast rules applies to both Berdysh & Tsumikiri J-Sword. Up to a 3-hitting PB Special, which gets stronger with higher ATP, and note: Shifta will do WONDERS for this. Also note, its unique from PBs in that the Shockwave is Physical Damage. Pilla does Light Magic damage I think, and while this sounds good, imagine it only doing 400 damage to some Merlans. Now, at a full bar of PB, consider the alternate: a lv114 HUcaseal with a Berdysh online with lv27-30 Shifta, courtesy of a fellow Force. Activate special, swing 3 times, do approximately about 300something damage x3 to everything within Pilla's range.

You make the obvious choice. Once you get stronger, the Shockwave should take over Farlla and later Pilla in most cases.

jspacemunkey
Jun 9, 2003, 11:37 AM
i'm trying to track one down, having decided that regardless of the atp bonus, i'd like to have one. oddly enough, no one appears to have a berdysh available. in fact, most people think i'm crazy and assume i'm talking about the non-rare partisan the berdys. i'm a little frustrated, as i feel there are only a handful of really awesome weapons in the game. i'm not saying that there should be a partisan that gives an 800 point atp bonus, but i do feel that there ought to be three or four uber weapons in each class. weapons that are roughly equivalent, extremely hard to find legitimately, but each have some unique aspects (be it look, special attack, etc). that way there'd be greater variety among the types of weapons used (most hucasts my level seem to be using tsu j or double cannon) and we'd all have more to work toward. i dunno, seems simple to me. of course, i'm running around with a duped tsumikiri j myself, so i shouldn't complain too much. i guess more than anything, i'd like to see each weapon class expanded to include twice as many rare weapons, including a wider range of bonuses.

jc

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jspacemunkey on 2003-06-09 09:40 ]</font>

Soukosa
Jun 9, 2003, 12:16 PM
On 2003-06-09 09:15, NeoPhatnutz wrote:
Pilla does Light Magic damage I think

That would explain why a full powered Pilla can kill a Hidelt at full health but not really anything else.

NeoPhatnutz
Jun 9, 2003, 12:20 PM
I used to have a Berdysh, but I traded it a while ago, sorry.

I agree with what you say tho. What I wish is that if there's ever a GC/Xbox expansion in the makes to Ep1&2 (like v2 was to v1), then that perhaps Sonic Team could hold a contest open to the players of PSO. Have them create and send in new ideas for Rares themselves. And not just Rares so freakingly powerful that all others are just crap, good, useful ones with maybe some new abilities not often seen in the game or at all. Good, high ones that could even change the way we play the game. The winners could have their ideas made into virtual reality, with the best ideas becoming the best weapons.

Also, there could new ultimate Rares, namely one or Uber-rares that are very strictly class specific. To put it bluntly, new Super Rares that are

a) Usable by all character class in a certain Type (Hunter/Ranger/Force), but gains abilities available only to one or two of the classes when they use them. Say, an awesome new Partisan for all the hunters with a nice special, but the special becomes even greater under a HUnewearl, with perhaps increased bonuses as well.

b) 1 or 2 new Uber Rares for every kind of character. Ones ONLY that specific class could use.

I've always been a fan of the Yazminkovs myself, and I've had some ideas. Try "Parts of Yazminkov" This is basically what Syncesta is for the Lavis series. While Hunters & Forces might get brand new things, many new Ranger weapons will come out of this versatile upgrading item. Usable on all 4 Yazminkovs already, it would upgrade them into new models, and perhaps somehow give the chance to "install" Specials to them. Say for some examples...

YAZMINKOV 9800AR- A new, unique Mechgun. Now more resembling a modern day Assault Rifle, fires in blasts of three, but with more powerful rounds to make up for the six shots per attack in a Mechgun. Also has laser sighting for looks a la 2000H, and the rifle range seen in 9000M. "A new model fresh out of Yazminkov, Inc., these models are gathering widespread respect for the retrograde arms genre, while outperforming many modern day Photon guns."

YAZMINKOV 11500X- A grand creation, the new Ultimate Mechgun and RAcast-exclusive. A modified Gatling Gun what fires and sounds realistically, and fires a burst of 6 shots per attack which spread out slightly, and which can be comboed into 3 attacks. The shots would also illuminate Tracer fire behind every or every couple of hits, and have Guld Milla-Rifle range, which over a distance would really look and sound cool. Proposed unique Special could be even more useful in some situations: a scattershower of rounds that fire forward generally, but spread out even more within a small radius, like a realistic shot from a shotgun. These bullets would be less powerful than the Normal firing, and perhaps have half the distance, but could also pierce. This would allow for a 11500X wielder to herd a group of meanies together, and shred the group apart from a decent distance. "The Masterpiece of Yasminkov, this experimental machine gun was specifically designed to suit the Male Droid Hunter with unequaled firepower."

jspacemunkey
Jun 9, 2003, 12:25 PM
now that's an idea that i'm all for. it'd be awesome to see pso players creating weapons for an expansion to ep 1&2. i think we'd see some really creative suggestions. and with sonic team being the ultimate authority, we'd be sure that only the most creative and balanced weapons made it into the game.

jc

excecutor
Jun 10, 2003, 08:44 AM
ok, im looking at the berdysh, and i notice that pinkal can find it from a temple hildetorr! i mean the other things that drop it for other ids are mostly the stupid things in the ult seabed which, its insanely hard there! so i was wondering, is it worth making a pinkal character for the sake of finding a berdysh or 2?

jspacemunkey
Jun 10, 2003, 10:56 AM
depends on who you ask...
i really want one because they're wicked cool looking, and i'd like a strong partisan for those times when speed and range are more important than damage. plus, the fact that the third attack animation doesn't leave you open to retalitaion as long as with a sword. that would really help me in ultimate.
i spent about four hours last night bumming around the lobbies, and received a lot of comments like:
"why do you want that stupid weapon?"
basically, most people feel that because it isn't a tsumikiri j-sword, it stinks. anyway, no one had a berdysh for trade. noticed i wasn't the only person looking for it though.
gotta warn you though, finding one from a hildertor isn't going to be easy. good luck!

jc