PDA

View Full Version : kasami bracer max stats question

jspacemunkey
Jun 9, 2003, 10:20 AM
here's my inane question of the day:
did a quick search, and the answer to my question appears to be "above the max" in ver. 1 and 2. i'm just posting to confirm that it's still true on xbox. so here's the question...
does the atp bonus on the kasami bracer count toward my hucast's max of 1639, or does it count above the max?

thanks in advance,

jc

jspacemunkey
Jun 9, 2003, 05:49 PM
hate to be a pain, but i really want to confirmation on this. if i'm wrong, and the kasami's atp bonus counts to my max, but not above it, it will have a big effect on how i distribute my remaining mats. hope someone's got the time to help me out.

jc

malinko
Jun 9, 2003, 07:15 PM
Not that I know the answer to this... but you should just assume the worst and hope for the best.

jspacemunkey
Jun 9, 2003, 07:44 PM
heh. yeah, i know. problem is, to know for sure i'd have to be lvl 200, and that's not gonna happen any time soon. i can use extra atp now, so i want to know how many pow mats i need to use to guarantee that at lvl 200 my hucast's atp will be maxed. if the kasami bracer counts toward the max, it's seventeen pow mats i don't need to use, and i can then use more def and evade mats so those stats will be close to maxing out as well. i'm assuming that, because the atp bonus is on a shield and the def and evade bonus from a shield count above my char's max def and evade, that the atp bonus counts above my character's max.

jc

ExcelExcel
Jun 9, 2003, 07:53 PM
Hmm...I have a Kasami bracer, but I never checked sooooo...try this. Equip the bracer and look at your base stats, then dequip it and check your base stats again. If they changed, then yes you don't hafta use power mats. If not, then no it's only a superficial boost like a weapon

jspacemunkey
Jun 9, 2003, 08:08 PM
okay, i gave your suggestion a go, and the stats did in fact change... but i'm a tad confused...unless i'm misunderstanding, what you've said implies that a superficial boost, as from a weapon, won't change my stat totals. but equipping a weapon does affect my stat totals, so i'm not sure that i can resolve the question of the bracer by this method. i'm on xbox, if that makes a difference. of course, it's quite possible that i'm jumping to a conclusion. hopefully you'll let me know if i'm in error. thanks!

jc

ExcelExcel
Jun 9, 2003, 08:23 PM
The number in parenthesis is your base stats. If when you equip the bracer, the number inside the parenthesis changes, then it boosts your main stats, much like units. If only the number outside the parenthesis changes, that means that is what the stat is currently at with the set equipment. Equipping a Dark Flow does not make your base ATP 900 higher, but it raises your current stats. So it's like this:

Current Stat (Base Stat)

jspacemunkey
Jun 9, 2003, 08:31 PM
aha. so basically, i'm a moron. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

it worked. base stats stayed the same, so i've gotta use pow mats. man, i wish i'd known what those values reflect beforehand. oh well. anyway, thanks a ton excel!

jc

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jspacemunkey on 2003-06-09 18:37 ]</font>

ExcelExcel
Jun 9, 2003, 09:46 PM
Don't feel stupid. The only stupid question is the unasked one...and the one that says "Can I pay you meseta for your 13 star legit rare"

jspacemunkey
Jun 9, 2003, 11:21 PM
heh. i hear that!

jc