PDA

View Full Version : Another Rare items/Luck theory

tehkao
Jun 9, 2003, 04:56 PM
It's been proven that the Luck stat has no direct connection the frequency of rares, but it's strange how this myth has persisted.

Players with extremely high luck stats constantly report that they are finding more rares, so I am theorizing that while luck does not DIRECTLY affect finding rares, there is an indirect effect.

My theory is that CRITICAL HITS on monsters increase the chance of one dropping a rare. If you think about it, it makes sense, and explains why people with higher luck stats observe finding more rares.

Of course like all rare theories this one is going to be hard to prove, but I'm going to start watching more carefully how many critical hits I score on monsters...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tehkao on 2003-06-09 14:58 ]</font>

jspacemunkey
Jun 9, 2003, 05:11 PM
i understand what you're saying, but i don't wholly agree. i mean no disrespect though. allow me to explain:

luck affects critical hits, critical hits cause you to deal more damage, more damage means you kill monsters more quickly. i think that makes logical sense. and believe me, i just maxed my hucast's luck, and the increase in chance for a critical hit has greatly increased the speed with which he kills enemies. anyway...killing monsters quickly means more time to kill more monsters. the more monsters you kill, the more rares you're going to see. i know my explanation is a little convoluted, but here's where i agree with you: luck does indirectly affect the number of rares you get, but it's not because getting a critical hit increases the chance that the monster you scored that critical hit on will drop a rare. the indirect effect is the fact that you will have be able to kill more monsters in less time. more monsters means greater chance of finding rares.

jc

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jspacemunkey on 2003-06-09 15:34 ]</font>

SaberX
Jun 9, 2003, 05:27 PM
i just wish that id find more rares other than those evil Diska of Liberators...