PDA

View Full Version : FOnewearl vs FOnewm

Tritan
Jun 9, 2003, 05:17 PM
Which do you guys personally like? and i don't mean which is better statistically... i just want some opinions and reasoning as to why you like this type better. I hear the piercing megid of fonewearl is extremely useful.. while the fonewms dmg bonus to Gi and Ra techniques is quite handy as well http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif have fun with this one and let the comments fly!!! ^_^

malinko
Jun 9, 2003, 07:13 PM
My opinion:

FOnewearls have the advantage on 1 on 1 attacking because of the simple tech bonus. This could also be good for bosses. The megid is really useful in Episode 2 especially in the seabed.

FOnewms have the advantage in Episode 1 because there are many enemies. He has the ability to nuke a room faster than any character in the game due to his Ra (and Gi) tech boost. While he doesn't have as much TP/MST as FOnewearl, the difference is very small and equates to not very much damage less. Some say that his looks are "funky" and other choice words, but you can get them to look good IMO.

This is just what I think. Both chars are worthwhile and both are valuable to any team.

Joe-Azlin
Jun 9, 2003, 08:01 PM
Personally if I had to choose I would pick a FOnewm simply because RA techs are the best thing in the world lol.

CajunSamurai
Jun 9, 2003, 08:57 PM
Both have their advantages, most definitely. You really can't go wrong with either one, and really, the only thing it came down to for me was... well, aesthetics. My VERY first character on V1 was a FOnewm... After trudging through forest for about 5 minutes, laughing at his awful design, I chose to make a RAmar instead.
I've since fallen in love with FOnewearls, partially because they're just... so... CUTE >_< But also, they're just so damn fun to play. While I rarely have fun now playing my ultra-technical FOmar (I use a formula of sorts for his spell casting, which gets pretty boring), I'm still having fun leveling my FOnewearl who's nearly Lv155 now.

I do plan on raising a FOnewm as soon as I can though. It's just a matter of me finding a unique pimp design. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_hamster.gif

Aero_Ruisu
Jun 9, 2003, 10:59 PM
This may seem like a simple answer to the question, but I am partial to Fonewm due to the Ra boost =) and I like the uniqueness he has due to being the only male newman in the game.

Rhete
Jun 9, 2003, 11:42 PM
On 2003-06-09 15:17, Tritan wrote:
i don't mean which is better statistically...

I hear the piercing megid of fonewearl is extremely useful.. while the fonewms dmg bonus to Gi and Ra techniques is quite handy as well

You dont want it to be a stat battle, yet bring in the natural amps, which are just as, if not more important than stats, ok.. >.>

I like FOnewearl because she's cute. FOnewm looks ridiculous, I just can't get over their huge ass-coat

Detra
Jun 10, 2003, 12:13 AM
I have to go with the FOnewearl, as well. I love having boosts to simple techs... Plus, have you ever tried Seabed with FOnewearl Megid? I love it.

However, her DFP and HP leave a bit to be desired... You can remedy that with high level Jellen/Deband, though.

I really would like the FOnewm's boost to RA-techs, but I just can't make one to look good enough for me. Plus, if you want to take advantage of his uber-fast barehanded casting speed, that means not equipping a Wand/Cane/whatever that could boost your tech power. Not a big deal, but people make his barehanded casting speed out to be almighty, however, it has its drawbacks.

All in all, any character is good. Just play whichever ones you want.

Skeevecr
Jun 16, 2003, 05:42 AM
I went for a fonewm despite those horrendous looking shoes, the boost to the gi and ra techs tipped the balance for me since I am more likely to benefit from that than that megid boost.

Nocturne
Jun 16, 2003, 06:00 AM
He said not base it on stats, which is what the natural bonuses to their techniques are. I can't decide, I love the FONewm's costume (Jester's rock) as well as the FOnewearl. They both play pretty similar so it's a tie.

Anastasios
Jun 16, 2003, 06:08 AM
Stats out the window...definitely the FOnewearl, I have seen some amazing character creations and mag/weapon setup on these characters that make them look better than most any of the other classes. (stats involved would be a way different story though)...

Rljohn
Jun 16, 2003, 07:50 AM
Make two characters, one of each.

rena-ko
Jun 16, 2003, 08:12 AM
fonewearl + highlevel techs + the right tech boosting equipment + 4 dragon HP = goddess

Tritan
Jun 17, 2003, 02:34 AM
Thx guys and gals http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif by no stats i meant highest tp/mst power etc didnt even think of the tech boosts as stats lol got me there ^_^; I went ahead and made a fonewm rockin through the stages pretty fast.. got him to look pretty decent too (woohoo) I am partial to the GI and RA boosts despite the butt-pad hehe.

Mystil
Jun 17, 2003, 06:15 PM
Heh, put it like this...

They do crap damage with the basic techs. Fones do crap damage with the hard techs. If you like blowing shit up in like 1.5 seconds, FOnewn owns.

If you like showing a Gillchic that you are the closest thing to a HUnewearl but in a tech wise scenario, FOnewearl owns.

Basically, you can't say whos the better.

Night_Star
Jun 18, 2003, 02:55 AM
all in all it would be who you prefer, right?
well i think that fonewearl is better, mostly cause i think that she is so cute:love:
plus i love her stat boost

but i do have a good lvled fonewm, and im already seeing his advantage in battle