PDA

View Full Version : XBox: I just thought of something KOOL!

Mizu
Jun 9, 2003, 09:30 PM
Xbox has a hard drive and stuff, so its possible that people can make their own items. Given the right materials, throwing maybe somewhat over a hundred dollars, and taking up alot of blocks of space on the hard drive.

Well, instead of just making suited up, powerful weapons for themselves, can't they create something else? Such as editing their own characters with a different costume, and hair style so they can stand out in the crowd and be unique.

Or how about a whole new level? it may take over 500 blocks of hard drive, but this can be a true challenge to people like myself who are wanting to be a game designer.

But that may take a year with all of the detail and polygons being put together. You'll have to run many tests, just like a game designer, and be able to make a master piece.

This means you can create your own monsters, and some rare versions of them. As for the materials, I calculated over 200$.

To be able to 'Share this file' you may need to purchase Music Match Mixer, and upgrade your Xbox Live. This way you may be able to send it to other people.

This would be so kool, and I'm pretty sure no ones gonna bother to try. As for myself, I don't have the money! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bunny.gif

But it would be pretty sweet, and not only that, if ST saw what you did and its good, they may hire you once you finish college or university. Then your dreams come true! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

*Starts to think people are gonna start to flame her*

eRUPT
Jun 9, 2003, 10:35 PM
Well nice wishing but I think you might try to learn a little more about the differences from hex editing and actual codebase insertion.

Detra
Jun 10, 2003, 12:29 AM
I think the people that hack the Xbox (or any game console, for that matter) have too much damn time. What's the point? Does it make them feel special? "OMG i ken h4x0rZ! ph33r!!1 i em going 2 roinZ teh game 4 j00!1!"

I mean, someone hacked a nude patch for DOA:XBV. Incredibly sad.

If people wanted to, I'm sure they could come up with some bizarre things in PSO. As far as new enemies and the such are concerned, I guess we'll just have to see.

saffaya
Jun 11, 2003, 06:25 AM
Well, instead of just making suited up, powerful weapons for themselves, can't they create something else? Such as editing their own characters with a different costume, and hair style so they can stand out in the crowd and be unique.

Or how about a whole new level? it may take over 500 blocks of hard drive, but this can be a true challenge to people like myself who are wanting to be a game designer.

As for the materials, I calculated over 200$.

To be able to 'Share this file' you may need to purchase Music Match Mixer, and upgrade your Xbox Live. This way you may be able to send it to other people.

I don't know where you got this idea about Music Match whatever or Live.
The only thing you need in terms of hardware is a modchip. It will enable you to run your self-enhanced version of PSO.