PDA

View Full Version : Keyboards

Blitzkommando
Jun 10, 2003, 12:42 AM
Sorry I'm new to the site and submitted this question to the wrong place the first time. oops...
Anyway, I'm looking for a keyboard or keyboard adapter for my GameCube. Does anyone know where I can buy one? (the cheaper the better)

VioletSkye
Jun 10, 2003, 01:12 AM
heh, I just answered this for you in the cheaters section. LOL. Anyway I suggested the adaptor as opposed to the Datel keyboard. Some of the mapping is wrong on the datel. You can purchase the adaptor here:
http://www.play-asia.com/paos-13-70b8004c.html

Benoit
Jun 11, 2003, 07:49 AM
Yes, the adapter is the best choice.

But it's been FIVE weeks now and I STILL don't my adapter!
What's taking the mail so long? I'm going to complain and let them resend a new order. The post office probably lost it, grr...

capin_bucky_ohair
Jun 14, 2003, 04:15 AM
I still haven't gotten my adapter from play asia its a pain trying to type to keep up with people who have keyboards i can type well on a keyboard but a formated one heck no

RadHaz
Jun 14, 2003, 05:48 PM
Yesterday, I got the adapter from http://www.indiglo.net/

It arrived at my house in California in 5 days. Swiped -er, borrowed a PS2 keyboard from work, and it works as advertised. Lots of fun using the key combos in the lobby, and actually typing fast enough to interact with people.

Benoit
Jun 14, 2003, 06:04 PM
I would have bought it from there if they actually had auctions running.

Muku6
Jun 14, 2003, 08:57 PM
Play Asia didn't take long to get to me, but I ordered one of the faster shipping methods to get the adapter to someone in time. Anyways, Play Asia still has some mapping issues, if I remember correctly - I did look at the sheet of paper inside with the adapter. Datel has issues. I'd order one of the adapters like Happy Fun Box or the other one. Although they require assembling.

capin_bucky_ohair
Jun 20, 2003, 12:12 AM
What do you mean play asia's adapter have some mapping issues? Does thier adapter have mapping issues? I thought it was Datel keyboard that had the mapping issues

satoshi1
Jun 20, 2003, 11:09 AM
It's PSO that has the mapping issues. Try going into the website option and typing on the forums and what not, the keyboard works perfectly, all the keys do what they're supposed to. It's just a problem with the PSO game.

I got the cheapest shipping method on my play-asia adapter and it came in a week, same with my friend's, 5 weeks is outrageous. Have you tried contacting them yet?

capin_bucky_ohair
Jun 20, 2003, 03:43 PM
I have ordered from them last week and hadn't got my adapter and I also paid the $2.10 shipping and handling fee when I asked them if i never receive my order what will happen will i get a refund or just money lost their reply was "If the order never arrives the order will be
resent after a certain time."
I think thats bull cause i should have mine by now

Benoit
Jun 21, 2003, 06:39 AM
Yes, I have contacted them.
They were going to do a claim on the parcel at their Hong Kong post office(they are in Hong Kong?!). They also asked me to go with the tracking number they gave me to my local post office to check if the parcel wasn't there. Well, I went yesterday, and my parcel wasn't there. I mailed them back saying that, and asked what I had to do next. In their first mail, they said that it would take some time for the claim to get through. I sure hope my adapter will arrive soon, as I don't go online anymore until I have the adapter. I'm leaving on vacation in one week. The adapter better be there when I get home. I'll be able to check my mail on vacation, though, so if there will be any more problems I'll be able to respond.

capin_bucky_ohair
Jun 21, 2003, 12:19 PM
Lucky for me I got mine today around like 11am or 12pm, but the funny thing the mapping is a bit off. Like for instance if you press the the shift and the number 2 button you will get the quote mark instead of the @. Well it was 20 dollars almost well invested if the mapping wasn't abit off the way it is but i still suggest it.