PDA

View Full Version : A thought on obtaining Rares

EDekar
Mar 13, 2001, 01:46 PM
I've been thinking about rares a lot recently, and my rather good luck with finding them. Here's what I've found to be true (in my case, anyway).

I've created over 5 characters to date, and every single one has gotten at least 1 Medium/Super Rare. None of these characters have ever gotten above level 35, and most of them never even accessed Hard mode.

What I'm thinking is, no matter your difficulty or time or level, there's a set chance that you will get a rare item each time you go adventuring. In my experience, I have nearly always found 1 rare in Normal Ruins. Almost always from a Dark Belra, I've noticed. Just 2 nights ago my Ranger, Strithe, found a God/Luck. Lucky, eh?

To date, I've also found 2 AGITO(FAKE)'s, a DOUBLE SABER, DELSABERS RIGHT ARM, C-BRINGERS RIGHT ARM (or the equivelant thereof...I forget exact name), and a SOUL BANISH (lucky there!).

So you see what I mean? Never even gone in Hard and gotten a special weapon, yet I've gotten all of those on Normal Ruins. A scary thought, eh...? Just thought I'd share my experience with everyone.

DeathCheese
Mar 13, 2001, 02:05 PM
Its happened to me too. Every time I go online, i find at least one rare. THAT IS IF THOSE GREEDY SOBs WOULDNT TAKE IT RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY FACE. ID GIVE EM A PIECE OF MY MIND IF I HAD A FRIGGIN KEYBOARD. I was making space in my item pack when this moron took it from me(I was standing on top of it). I opened the gate, and smashed all of the boxes. When I was making space, he ran up and took it. It was a double saber. Sorry for my griping. I always play on normal, but sometimes hard.

BoostedStealth
Mar 13, 2001, 02:18 PM
Geez... I guess I just have really bad luck. I've been playing the same character for almost 100 hours. She's level 60-something. By now, I usually play in V-Hard mode. The best "rarest" item I've found so far is a Photo Claw. A good catch, true... but it's no double saber!
So what gives? Is it my section ID? Is it because I play offline mostly? I have never found a rare online, or on any mode other than V-Hard.

Mistkerl_Zwo
Mar 13, 2001, 02:23 PM
I'm the same, i find rare stuff all the time, i don't understand why everyone complains! I guess it just luck of the draw, but my characters have always found stuff. In one game, i found a chainsawd, photon claw, flowen's sword, double saber, and c-bringer!

Granted, most of those aren't very rare, but still thats a huge variety for just one run through ruins.

Sion
Mar 13, 2001, 02:31 PM
?? shh you guys have great luck

EDekar
Mar 13, 2001, 02:37 PM
Well, my Section ID is Skyly for Renshair, and Greennill for Strithe. Just thought I'd mention that. Also note that I've never found a special weapon online. I always find 'em offline. So perhaps people need to spend more time offline...?

Also, I don't even DO the quests anymore, so I don't think they affect the rate at which you acquire rares.

Nokturne
Mar 13, 2001, 03:18 PM
bah, i've had 170 hours played on my now lvl 100 purplenum racaseal, and have only found 1 dbl saber, 1 agito, 1 suppressed gun, and 1 cbringer... i hate the world

Viper3
Mar 14, 2001, 02:36 PM
Section IDs definitely play a part. I had a hunter who was Yellowboze. I had over 200 hours logged in & was at lvl 81. I only found a couple of fake Agitos & Delsaber's Buster. Oh, & a Kaladgolg (but that's common with Yellowboze). The only other rares I found were ones that *everybody* can get (Dragon Slayer Sword, Frying Pan, Varistas, etc.). Don't get me wrong, I love my Dragon Slayer sword, but I was hoping to find a few more cool weapons. I talked to a few Sega reps & all of them said the same thing; Yellowboze is one of the worst Section IDs to find really cool rare items. They all suggested I try a different Section ID like Whitill, Oran, Pinkal or a few others. I went with Whitill because all of them said it was good at not only finding cool rare weapons, but also for finding mag cells. I'm only at lvl 15 right now, so I'll let ya know how things are going after I get a little higher.

EDekar
Mar 14, 2001, 02:53 PM
::blinks:: Sega actually said that? Can't say as I expected that...

Ya know, I used to have a Whitill. Grew so sick of mechguns that I just started over with Skyly. ::shudders:: Mechguns could've been so great if only they hadn't screwed them up so much... ::sighs::

Regardless, good luck to everyone on finding some of those rares you've been seeking. I know we all will eventually.

Viper3
Mar 14, 2001, 03:06 PM
Maybe I should make myself more clear so there is no confusion. Each Sega rep said that Whitill wasn't good for finding the rare weapons *I* was looking for. Every time I got on the phone with one of the reps, I told them I was a Hunter & I wanted to find really good hunter-type weapons like double sabers (any variation), photon claws & the like. Each one told me Yellowboze was probably the last Section ID I should have picked for items like that. Then they suggested the Section IDs I listed above. Hope that clears things up. No one at Sega will really say that any of the Section IDs are god-awful, as none of them really are, I think. Depends on what you're looking for. What I do know is that every time I called, the rep always asked what items in particular I was looking for & then proceeded to let me know which Section IDs were better at finding them. They obviously know what they're talking about because I was Yellowboze & only found the stuff I listed above. And that's with over 200 hours logged & at lvl 81. So much for the time release theory, I guess. While I don't doubt that it exists, apparently the Section IDs are the biggest factors in finding whatever rare item you're looking for.

Viper3
Mar 14, 2001, 03:17 PM
On 2001-03-14 11:53, EDekar wrote:
::blinks:: Sega actually said that? Can't say as I expected that...

Ya know, I used to have a Whitill. Grew so sick of mechguns that I just started over with Skyly. ::shudders:: Mechguns could've been so great if only they hadn't screwed them up so much... ::sighs::

Regardless, good luck to everyone on finding some of those rares you've been seeking. I know we all will eventually.[addsig]

Now that's interesting because, according to the official guide, slicers are supposed to be more common with Whitill. But that doesn't seem to be the case with me. While I have seen a couple of slicers here & there, mechguns are already popping up in my store faster than slicers. However, this was also the case when I was Yellowboze. At *least* 2 different mechguns are always availiable with both my Yellowboze & Whitill characters. This was also the case with one of my friends who has a totally different Section ID. His is supposed to give him shots sooner & with more frequency but he ended up getting various mechguns before shots even started showing up. Weird.

EDekar
Mar 14, 2001, 03:29 PM
You know what that reminds me of? My Ranger. He's a Greenill, yet he acts like a Pinkal. Nothing but high level disks and canes. Extremely irritating.

I'm supposed to be getting Rifles and Daggers the most. I'd say those two are among the hardest for me to get...quite irritating really. You know, I haven't found a Rifle with photons on it since the Sniper. I'm all the way up to Lasers now. Not a single photon...good or bad. ::sighs:: Accursed Section ID's...