PDA

View Full Version : Better Rapper Poll (more options)

Duder_Cooter
Jun 11, 2003, 06:19 AM
I am taking Mizu's idea and adding more rappers. I tried to get rappers from all different areas.

Scan_Man
Jun 11, 2003, 01:02 PM
I voted for Three 6 Mafia just because I have every cd they ever released. And I would prefer to listen to them over the others.

Stricker
Jun 11, 2003, 01:30 PM
Rap? buuuuuuuuuuuuu

Moo2u
Jun 11, 2003, 02:41 PM
I vote Emenem, cause a rappy version of his would be something I'd love to shoot at.

Dime
Jun 11, 2003, 04:52 PM
No biggie or pac?

The_Hero_Of_Time
Jun 11, 2003, 05:05 PM
I hate rap.

Scan_Man
Jun 11, 2003, 05:29 PM
On 2003-06-11 15:05, The_Hero_Of_Time wrote:
I hate rap.

Good for you, hater.

Can we have our topic without yall haters coming in here with nothing to add besides "I hate rap" or "Rap is crap."

polishedweasel
Jun 12, 2003, 02:19 AM
If you think about it, Rap really is crap. But it's not the only genre that's crap. Most of the pop that you kiddies listen to is nothing but samples and crappy lyrics. But I have to admit, most of the CD's on my rack are rap. There's is some good rap out there.

And Mr. Scan, how old are you? Are you old enough to remember 2pac and biggie while they were still alive? Did you listen to this form of music then? And what about the old school? To appreciate this form of music and the downward spiral that it's taking, you must first be able to appreciate it's roots.

And one more thing...how ghetto can you be, talkin bout "Ya'll haters need to back up out this thread?" For Christ's sake! You're on a forum for a video game. How ghetto can you really be?

Can you look a convicted murderer in the eye as he walks down the street at 2 in the morning? Can you go to the corner store for your mama with food stamps to buy a snickers bar so you can get change for cigarettes? You get jumped by a group of "haters" are you gonna take the ass whoopin like a man? Or are you gonna run like a little hoe? And are you gonna find all of those boys and whip them one by one?

Probably not.

I guess all I'm really trying to say is:

DON'T BE A POSER http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Duder_Cooter
Jun 12, 2003, 06:04 AM
I just wanted to let everyone know that I like both rock and rap. I basically listen to anything load. And pleez don't say rap is crap or anyother shit like that. It was not a topic, so why are we discussing it. Thank you....

Balthor
Jun 12, 2003, 07:14 AM
What I noticed about all rap haters is that they are all fat little american kids who are seriously obsessed into anime/JP culture, and all they listen too is J-pop.

Just a little observation I made. . .

BTW I like Lil flip. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sagasu
Jun 12, 2003, 08:10 AM
Thats not true, but if any more of you want to say "I HATE RAP" go make your own damn forum, rap is fine with me, so is every other type of music, that doesn't mean I like listening to them, but i'm not comin in here hatin a topic and blowin off.

Stricker
Jun 12, 2003, 08:25 AM
On 2003-06-11 11:30, Reinaldo wrote:
Rap? buuuuuuuuuuuuu

I never said I hate rap. I just post what I voted. "I dislike rap". If we cant do that, then why is in the poll? And if you can see, "I dislike rap" is winning. So if you rappers wanna do a real rap topic/poll please dont include that option again.

Is that simple enought?

Balthor
Jun 12, 2003, 08:32 AM
On 2003-06-12 06:10, Sarunakai wrote:
Thats not true,

How did I know the first person that was gonna tell me that, was gonna be someone with yet, another name probobly derived from some anime.

Case. Yawn.

Sagasu
Jun 12, 2003, 11:18 AM
I don't mean anythin personal when I post, and if you think the name sarunakai is from anime, your the stupid ass.

Balthor
Jun 12, 2003, 11:26 AM
::Edit::

I just decided to rant about it, so fuck it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Balthor_The_Defiled on 2003-06-12 09:55 ]</font>

Ness
Jun 12, 2003, 02:15 PM
On 2003-06-11 15:05, The_Hero_Of_Time wrote:
I hate rap.

Me too.

Scan_Man
Jun 12, 2003, 06:20 PM
On 2003-06-12 00:19, polishedweasel wrote:
If you think about it, Rap really is crap. But it's not the only genre that's crap. Most of the pop that you kiddies listen to is nothing but samples and crappy lyrics. But I have to admit, most of the CD's on my rack are rap. There's is some good rap out there.

And Mr. Scan, how old are you? Are you old enough to remember 2pac and biggie while they were still alive? Did you listen to this form of music then? And what about the old school? To appreciate this form of music and the downward spiral that it's taking, you must first be able to appreciate it's roots.

And one more thing...how ghetto can you be, talkin bout "Ya'll haters need to back up out this thread?" For Christ's sake! You're on a forum for a video game. How ghetto can you really be?

Can you look a convicted murderer in the eye as he walks down the street at 2 in the morning? Can you go to the corner store for your mama with food stamps to buy a snickers bar so you can get change for cigarettes? You get jumped by a group of "haters" are you gonna take the ass whoopin like a man? Or are you gonna run like a little hoe? And are you gonna find all of those boys and whip them one by one?

Probably not.

I guess all I'm really trying to say is:

DON'T BE A POSER http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I'm 19. What Pac and Biggie has to do with shit?

You really don't know me. So stop acting like you do. Sound to me like you trying to start shit. You wrong in trying to step on my toes, so back the fuck off.

And around here, we bump the Flipper.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scan_Man on 2003-06-12 16:21 ]</font>

CajunSamurai
Jun 12, 2003, 06:20 PM
Jurassic-5 and Jungle Brothers. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_hamster.gif
As with almost all forms of music, you gotta look to the underground in order to find the best stuff. Not that J-5 or the Jungle Brothers are underground (maybe J-5), but this rule really seems to apply for most modern hip hop.
I haven't even heard of half of those on that list. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Sagasu
Jun 12, 2003, 06:39 PM
Damn, you guy might might want to take this to rant or somthin, I don't like to see scum and trash like this here, so fuck off and go agrue and bitch at eachother somewhere else, cuz there is already to much hatin in this place.

Robo47
Jun 12, 2003, 09:31 PM

How old are you?Don't talk to other people like
that.Cause it'll just lead to you gettin' jumped.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_ak.gif

Scan_Man
Jun 12, 2003, 09:54 PM
On 2003-06-12 19:31, Robo47 wrote:

LOL.

What I thought was funny was the man was coming at my neck out of no where. Talking down at me and shit. Then he topped it off with that pointless, yet funny, stereotype. Just hilarious.

polishedweasel
Jun 13, 2003, 12:09 AM
I'm 18, lived in that environment, and know what I'm talking about. Like I already said, this is a website devoted to helping out little kiddies in their little RPG. Not the hood. So don't act like it is. So I'll remind you once again.

DON'T BE A POSER

Scan you wanna talk about this, just IM me. The link to my AIM is right below this thread.

Scan_Man
Jun 13, 2003, 04:18 AM
Stop acting like you have some type of authority.

Duder_Cooter
Jun 13, 2003, 07:13 AM
I feel since I started this forum I have to say something...But I don't know what to say, it is like Jerry Springer on a Game Forum. I love it.

By the way Cajun, I'm sorry about no J-5. I knew I forgot something.

Vanango
Jun 13, 2003, 09:36 AM

ahahah, that's too funny.

There is definately some rap that is just unbelievable. A lot of it can sound extremely Generic but that happens in any genre of music.

Has anyone played the Sims? If you ever listen to the MP3s in the game under Country, Rap, etc. They go a great job of making 4 or 5 tracks that really do sound like that genre. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

You don't have to be black or living in the ghetto to like listening to rap music, you don't even have to be black or living in a ghetto to appreciate it. It's music, it's an outlet for people to express themselves and for others to feel a certain way.

I used to think rap was all just people swearing a lot and whining about phat hos, their ride, their bling bling (which is now a word in the dictionary), and swearing some more... yea, a lot of it is, but definately not all of it. I'd be lying if I told you didn't listen to some phat [dead] guy telling me
"mo money mo problems" but the main point is not all of it is.

Before you start staying "rap sucks" or something more clever like "the c in rap is silent" think about your music. What do you listen to? What makes you think that's good? What does it do to you? Does it move you?

techno - repetative and boring... well yes, and no. It CAN be repetative and boring, but there are so many types of techno. Why do people listen to it? Take some of the classical remixed songs, melody with a heavy beat. For some it gives them energy others it relaxes them. It might just make you happy *shrug*

alternative - good lord there is some horrible alternative. There is also some amazing alternative. There are bands that sing about streaking through the mall or bands that sing about the government. Some people can relate to what the bands are singing and some just like the way it sounds.

I can go on...

J-Pop - It's pop... in Japanese... why would you want to listen to pop in English? Maybe you just like to feel like you're more cultured. Either way, it makes that person feel good when they listen to it for whatever reason.

Punk - This is another genre that people LOVE using to define themselves. You aren't your music, stop pretending you are. Okay, negative, seen as just people screaming and playing the same 3 chords over and over. Some? Yea, that's true. Other's? The most beautiful words written -- wailed out with hundreds of fans moshing.

Country - No one cares about your lost love with your sister/girlfriend/goat/truck. Yeee-haw! On the other hand some people think it sounds good and others can just relate.

There are so many types of music that going through them would take too long. People get defensive over their music so I've found it's easier just keeping your opinions to yourself. Everyone has their own preferences and I'm sure "you" don't like it when people critisize your fabulous collection of music.

MattBoySlim
Jun 13, 2003, 02:00 PM
Well, that was very lengthy. But absolutely true. I'll sum it up in one sentence, though: People like what they like. Had J-5 been on the list, I woulda voted for them. I gotta tell ya, though...I really enjoy at least half the rappers on this list. I almost picked Ludacris, but had to give Snoop "his props". Being a mid-20's suburban white guy, I hope I used that in the right context, and didn't offend anyone. However, I'm sure I'll find out if I did when check back on this thread to see people reply and call me rediculous for "trying to be something I'm not". Someone might even call me "gay", which I'm suprised hasn't come up in this thread yet. I don't try to live my life according to the music I listen to. I listen to just about everything. I like what I like, and I won't waste anymore typing on people who won't listen anyway. I'll just end in saying, you just can't get much cooler than Snoop and I can't wait to see his show on MTV. Of course, I'm too busy playing video games to watch MTV, so maybe I've missed it already. Oh well, that's what Imesh, Kazaa and Bittorrent are for!

P.S. Sorry for being so serious. Um......poop. There, I think that makes up for it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MattBoySlim on 2003-06-13 12:04 ]</font>

shadgenki
Jun 13, 2003, 02:29 PM
ONYYYXXX!!!

Mizu
Jun 13, 2003, 07:56 PM
On 2003-06-12 05:14, Balthor_The_Defiled wrote:
What I noticed about all rap haters is that they are all fat little american kids who are seriously obsessed into anime/JP culture, and all they listen too is J-pop.

BTW I like Lil flip. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

NANI?!?!? I listen to rap, heavy rock, Ragae, along with J-Pop and J-Rock! (I don't like the Pop culture of the both Americans and Canadians, they all talk about LoVe which got old really fast!) I'm a Canadian Girl, I'M NOT FAT, In fact, Im the best female wrestler in my high school. I collect comedy manga, watch anime every day such Excel Saga, Evangelion, Pretear, Naruto and more. I draw manga, and try to animate as well. I teaching myself Japanese, and am planning to move to Japan and get jobs as professional manga artisit, animator (animate my own comics), and Game Designer (Make games of my manga!) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif So I'll have a job of what I enjoy, and be happy with what I created. I'm already writing up and creating my third plot. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

So you have cannot say all otakus hate Rap or Rock or Ragae. Those that do, must be nerds/geeks and yes, must be fat!

O yea, and I voted for Eminem, I like him a tad better than 50 Cent.

Robomonke
Jun 13, 2003, 09:35 PM
On 2003-06-12 19:54, Scan_Man wrote:

On 2003-06-12 19:31, Robo47 wrote:

LOL.

What I thought was funny was the man was coming at my neck out of no where. Talking down at me and shit. Then he topped it off with that pointless, yet funny, stereotype. Just hilarious.

I'm 19. What Pac and Biggie has to do with shit?

You really don't know me. So stop acting like you do. Sound to me like you trying to start shit. You wrong in trying to step on my toes, so back the fuck off.

And around here, we bump the Flipper.

On 2003-06-12 16:39, Sarunakai wrote:
Damn, you guy might might want to take this to rant or somthin, I don't like to see scum and trash like this here, so fuck off and go agrue and bitch at eachother somewhere else, cuz there is already to much hatin in this place.

BTW I like Lil flip.

As you see above way too many people take rap way too serious. They try to live out their "dreams" of being "Gangsta" and be like their rappers. This is a sad state of affairs. These people are resorting back to primevil state of idolic worship and recreation of them. No, not everyone does it but a large,large,large portion of them do. Seriously people, if the rappers did half the stuff they say they do in their raps do you think they would be in jail or alive for that matter. Just stop fooling yourself. It's pitiful.

Also don't be hatin' me you be-hotch or else I be comin in and bust a cap yo. Dag yo, you be mad crazy word yo up in here. Den ah go smok da weed son. Yeah just like mah rap son. Now you go do it to son. And buy my album son. Because if yo ain't gunna by da album when it drops...son you just ain't gangsta...son.

Peace out home-dogs and such.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Robomonke on 2003-06-13 19:39 ]</font>

Ian D
Jun 13, 2003, 10:52 PM
I do believe rap loves the cock.

Vyon-Eht-Nioj
Jun 14, 2003, 12:59 AM
On 2003-06-13 19:35, Robomonke wrote:

As you see above way too many people take rap way too serious. They try to live out their "dreams" of being "Gangsta" and be like their rappers. This is a sad state of affairs. These people are resorting back to primevil state of idolic worship and recreation of them. No, not everyone does it but a large,large,large portion of them do. Seriously people, if the rappers did half the stuff they say they do in their raps do you think they would be in jail or alive for that matter. Just stop fooling yourself. It's pitiful.

More like you're pitiful. Somebody needs to slap the coke outta your nose. Uh oh! I listen to rap! This must mean that I wanna be a gangsta! OMG DUCK DOWN I R HAV TEH GUNZZZ1!!!!11POW POW!!!! Good job proving exactly what I've been saying: your mind is too small to absorb the vastness of hiphop culture. If a large, large large amount of people that listen to rap wanna be gangsta, then that would mean a large, large, large amount of rap is gangsta music. I so do hate repeating myself, especially to you crackheads with short term memories and limited reading abilities, but I did mention (in another thread) a few of many, many, many artists that promote otherwise. Don't people understand the words vast and variety anymore? How much more do I gotta dumb down my posts for you morons?

Since 'a large, large, large, large' amounts of rap listeners want to be gangsta, I guess this would mean that all rock/punk listeners wanna be coke, acid and heroin addicts, bash their noses in for their album cover photos and eventually blow their brains all over their million-dollar house walls with shotguns. Bet I'll see you on a 'When Animals Attack' special yet.

Also don't be hatin' me you be-hotch or else I be comin in and bust a cap yo. Dag yo, you be mad crazy word yo up in here. Den ah go smok da weed son. Yeah just like mah rap son. Now you go do it to son. And buy my album son. Because if yo ain't gunna by da album when it drops...son you just ain't gangsta...son.

Peace out home-dogs and such.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Robomonke on 2003-06-13 19:39 ]</font>

You know, I can imitate white stereotypes too, and mke them quite funny, but I won't because I'm bigger than that. Why are ignorant people always making their flaws so visible, yet too blind to see it themselves? You just gotta love (and laugh at) a guy into enhancing his idiocy.

*fumbles to hit 'SEND' due to his own distracting laughter*

Shrevn
Jun 14, 2003, 11:04 AM
Seriously some people are just 2 dence or stupid to figure out a clean thread... its like if someone made a topic called "who do you hate?" and the poll options be "white or black people" will people post in that thread? no right... because its not about opinions there but it would be racism... right? Its just like this one rap its mostly ruled by black people and those occasional white people! *like me* and then rock its mostly white people and so on...
If you really think about it puttin rap down its puttin other people down and their either beliefs or even life style... so dont do that crap at least on these boards... Im noone to say this but if you gonna post shit just dont post at all save us the 10 seconds of reading your shitty post and move on w/ your life.

-wobba

Robomonke
Jun 14, 2003, 11:43 AM
On 2003-06-14 09:04, Shrevn wrote:
Seriously some people are just 2 dence or stupid to figure out a clean thread... its like if someone made a topic called "who do you hate?" and the poll options be "white or black people" will people post in that thread? no right... because its not about opinions there but it would be racism... right? Its just like this one rap its mostly ruled by black people and those occasional white people! *like me* and then rock its mostly white people and so on...

-wobba

Thats not true at all. Some of the greatest Roclkk musicians are black. Lenny Kravitz, The lead singer of the band 7 dust, many many ska and various sub branches of rock have successful afro-american singers and musicians. As a matter of fact i see more white people trying to be a "gangster" but its still called trying to be "black" Stop trying to see things in a black and white light (no pun intended)

Robomonke
Jun 14, 2003, 11:45 AM
On 2003-06-13 22:59, Vyon-Eht-Nioj wrote:

On 2003-06-13 19:35, Robomonke wrote:

More like you're pitiful. Somebody needs to slap the coke outta your nose. Uh oh! I listen to rap! This must mean that I wanna be a gangsta! OMG DUCK DOWN I R HAV TEH GUNZZZ1!!!!11POW POW!!!! Good job proving exactly what I've been saying: your mind is too small to absorb the vastness of hiphop culture. If a large, large large amount of people that listen to rap wanna be gangsta, then that would mean a large, large, large amount of rap is gangsta music. I so do hate repeating myself, especially to you crackheads with short term memories and limited reading abilities, but I did mention (in another thread) a few of many, many, many artists that promote otherwise. Don't people understand the words vast and variety anymore? How much more do I gotta dumb down my posts for you morons?

Since 'a large, large, large, large' amounts of rap listeners want to be gangsta, I guess this would mean that all rock/punk listeners wanna be coke, acid and heroin addicts, bash their noses in for their album cover photos and eventually blow their brains all over their million-dollar house walls with shotguns. Bet I'll see you on a 'When Animals Attack' special yet.

Read my post again think about what you said and smack yourself. Not to be mean but u read that way too wrong.

Captain_Dude
Jun 16, 2003, 01:31 AM
I personally do not have much of a taste for rap.

But I vote Gimp Bizquik as the greatest rap group ever in the history of everything! So what if only 1/9 of our songs have anything to do with rap... They're so good they make up for it.

*Plays around with the Iron Rap*

Duder_Cooter
Jun 16, 2003, 06:14 AM
I know this is a little late. But for the record MattboySlim is gay. I just wanted to get that out in the open.

Robo47
Jun 29, 2003, 08:35 PM
This message goes out to who ever posted something
on this thread saying they hate rap or negative things to others that like rap:

GO GET A FUCKING JOB! this is ridiculous!
leave tese people alone if they like rap that
is there business not yours.

and no, I'm not some "gangsta" Or a "poser"
if you think I am, you can go to hell for all
I care.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif

Allos
Jun 29, 2003, 09:29 PM

You must not have very good eyes. Yes I'm American, some call me a kid (which is partially true, I'm a teenager), but I'm definitely not fat or obsessed with anime/JP culture. I like rock music as well. Not this "J-Pop" you speak of. And I'm not one of those people who dresses all in black either. Just an observation of ignorance I made.

Ness
Jun 30, 2003, 07:05 AM
Rap Sucks!

Subliminalgroove
Jul 1, 2003, 11:16 AM
I'm not seeing any Cee-Lo....

Ryudo
Jul 1, 2003, 04:21 PM

anyone who isnt a tone deaf angsty teenager would hate rap =P

I dont see the point in it, most rappers only sing about how great a rapper they are

yawnsome =p

and I'm not american, nor little, nor a kid
I'm a writer, and rap is badly written in terms of lyrics

one of my best friends is a musician, and he can make quite a case as to why rap is badly written from a musical standpoint too

and neither of us are JP obsessed

Subliminalgroove
Jul 1, 2003, 06:14 PM
On 2003-07-01 14:21, Ryudo wrote:

anyone who isnt a tone deaf angsty teenager would hate rap =P

I dont see the point in it, most rappers only sing about how great a rapper they are

yawnsome =p

and I'm not american, nor little, nor a kid
I'm a writer, and rap is badly written in terms of lyrics

one of my best friends is a musician, and he can make quite a case as to why rap is badly written from a musical standpoint too

and neither of us are JP obsessed

Stereotypical raping aside, this is completely false. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a big rap fan myself, but you should listen to the diversity of the style before you condemn it for it's commercially packaged radio crap...

raiden999
Jul 1, 2003, 11:58 PM
On 2003-06-29 18:35, Robo47 wrote:
This message goes out to who ever posted something
on this thread saying they hate rap or negative things to others that like rap:

GO GET A FUCKING JOB! this is ridiculous!
leave tese people alone if they like rap that
is there business not yours.

and no, I'm not some "gangsta" Or a "poser"
if you think I am, you can go to hell for all
I care.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif

I'm sure this would be a good idea, but unfortunately, we were blessed with a mind, which in turn cursed us with the right of opinion... and it seems through history that most people would use that just to make people mad... so I don't see any chance of people blasting something like this to cut down a possibility...

On topic though, I'm not a big rap fan... just not my style, but it has had some good artists come through...

Robo47
Sep 14, 2003, 09:19 PM
Wow this thread isn't locked yet?It has been 4 months since I last checked it.

Guile
Sep 15, 2003, 01:45 AM
The Gift of Gab from Blackalicious, just too sick with the lyrics and how quick he can spit them.
But if I did start naming the rappers I like, most people would'nt know who they were...damn you MTV!

Hahaha Balthor..man your great