PDA

View Full Version : Fomar

phikap6878
Jun 11, 2003, 12:27 PM
Those of you with Fomars. Do you use melee weapons or do you use mostly techs.

MasterForce
Jun 11, 2003, 12:39 PM
i dont have a FOmar anymore but i did. i would weaken the monsters with tech then finish the off with my weapon

Ghaleon
Jun 11, 2003, 01:45 PM
i use melee when im short on cash or when i just feel like owning nubish monsters and i tech when i with large groups so i get a chance to hit them all

Joe-Azlin
Jun 11, 2003, 03:50 PM
I tech when it is a large group that I can not handel because forces cant use swords http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif , but when it is just a few I will jellen/zalure/shifta/deband then kick there butts. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Nai_Calus
Jun 11, 2003, 08:02 PM
Both. Depends on my mood. FOmars are nice that way. ^_^

Dime
Jun 11, 2003, 08:40 PM
Mind Vulcans. Use all the TP, drain it all back. Such is the life of my FOmar.

Kanore
Jun 11, 2003, 08:41 PM
Melee all the way! I hope to get to 999,999 Meseta with Kanore, because when I retired Shadow, he never got to 999,999... somehow I conserve more TP than I did with Shadow J/Zing, while I cast more... is it the more TP?

BladeofDarkness
Jun 12, 2003, 12:54 AM
I use my Red Handgun all the time, I use techs for taking out large herds of enemies but melee for packs of 3-4 enemies.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BladeofDarkness on 2003-06-11 22:55 ]</font>

Dhylec
Jun 12, 2003, 01:25 AM
both for me
weaken 'em down w/ magic then wep up their arses http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Neverwinter
Jun 12, 2003, 02:54 AM
Used techs to weaken them, then i move in for the kill with a melee attack.

Vejita
Jun 12, 2003, 05:52 AM
i use all techs as i'm in ulti mines at lvl 91 and because my mag has 150 mind, but i'm working on a pow mag to enjoy the other end of the spectrum.

CorneliusPower
Jun 12, 2003, 05:56 AM
No real reason for any FO to step up and kill anything...I mean really. Kinda like HU's using mechs instead of swords and RA's using swords instead of guns. FO's please just maintain support, it is better in the long run, a dead FO is definetly the worst thing that can unbalance the team. I have a feeling Im gonna get crap for this post.......

GuerillaPimp
Jun 12, 2003, 06:53 AM
No real reason for any FO to step up and kill anything...I mean really. Kinda like HU's using mechs instead of swords and RA's using swords instead of guns. FO's please just maintain support, it is better in the long run, a dead FO is definetly the worst thing that can unbalance the team. I have a feeling Im gonna get crap for this post.......

Playing support doesnt help in single player mode!

But really, why cant FOmar's do melee if the person who is doing the melee'ing, knows what he/she is doing? Yea if you are a newb trying to melee, then i understand, but most of us have a year or two under our belts and know the ins and outs of melee/ranged combat. As long as the FOmar isnt biting off more than he can chew, let them melee...i know i do!

Jason
Jun 12, 2003, 08:40 AM
On 2003-06-12 03:56, CorneliusPower wrote:
No real reason for any FO to step up and kill anything...I mean really.

FOs, are incredible in Battle.

Joe-Azlin
Jun 12, 2003, 09:04 AM
Melee FO's are the shiznazil

Kent
Jun 12, 2003, 10:18 AM
What I do with my FOmar is situational. Most of the time, I rely on most melee or ranged attacks to get the job done. However, if I need to hit many targets at once (De Rol Le, Dal Ra Lie, Barba Ray, clusters of Rappies playing dead), or do very little damage with my attacks (factoring in Shifta and Zalure, of course), I'll start using techniques instead as my main offense.

It's that versatility that makes FOmars so good.

bordering
Jun 12, 2003, 11:14 AM
with my FOmar and marl i was mostly melee. you just do more damage that way, as long as you have the units/mag/wepons to back you up. i could do 900 dmg online perhit on a hard special crit with my charge vulcans. that's WAY more than any tech could ever hope to do.

in an online context, i made sure that everyone was s/ded, fully healed, that all traps were blown away by rafoie (it's so nice when a droid actually warns of traps, then i just pop a trap vision and blow 'em away), and that all monsters were j/zed -then- i would go in w/ my rainbow baton, m's umbrella and charge vulcs to get the job done.

although, when playing my FOmar offline i would occasionally go pure caster (i did a LOT of SOB runs with him, it seems easier to use techs offline since the monsters in that quest always pop up in the exact same locales and techs are way more powerful offline).

but i would never go pure caster online.

ShieldDragon
Jun 12, 2003, 11:58 AM
Rules for my FOmar:

1. Make sure all party members are Shifta/Debanded
2. Make sure all enemies are Jellen/Zalured
3. If people are in need of resta/anti, I'm the guy.
4. Hunt like a RA. Use mechs.

If I'm on a difficulty lower than Ultimate, I make sure to drain(tp) every monster I see. Otherwise, it's support and mechgun damage.

Ghaleon
Jun 12, 2003, 01:18 PM
I tech when it is a large group that I can not handel because forces cant use swords , but when it is just a few I will jellen/zalure/shifta/deband then kick there butts.

soul eater or soul banish should suffice