PDA

View Full Version : Tell me bout Ver2! ^_^

Mystil
Jun 11, 2003, 01:36 PM
Erm. Yes, as the topic says. PSO DC ver2 was the version I missed out on. Though I've played it, I never made it online, ST notorioulsy made it difficult to get online in.

And NO I don't wanna read about it on the site <_<(makes good discussion I assume). So what was the environment like there?(minus the cheating). Lvling harder? Still just lame Ver1 lol? Better/banned weps?

Is it better compared to EpI and II(xbox and gc)?

O_O I hear cmode was funner in ver2..

Malkavian
Jun 11, 2003, 01:56 PM
Cmode wasnt funnier. Now they made some great changes to it.

Well ver2. was very uncompensated in gameplay. Since it was an add-on to PSO v1 they couldnt do the needed changes to make it balanced and correct. Ultimate was another world compared to vhard. The new ver2 weapons had stats awesomely higher than the old ones. So it was very hard to do something in ultimate with v1 weapons making a curious side effect. Less weapons for play. And many other things were unbalanced and illogical, they fixed all this for Episode 1&2.

The only better things were that the game didnt cause corruption, only other players and it was safer to avoid. You can avoid other players but a game bug... And battle mode. the balance for main mode they put now affects very bad battle mode. Now techs are too much powerful. In ver2 it was possible to win forces and Humars with a HUcast. Possible and even common.

Overall the online ambient was a lot better. PSO was more new than now. Dreamcast had built in modem, first version was free and the fees were lower. because all that there was much more people online. Now most of players come from DC. Is very hard to someone that has never played PSO get all the stuff needed only for 1 game. And those new players are the ones that would give some freshness and more emotion to play. Me as a vet I fell like I've done everything and theres no much motivation.

Cmode. Only thin it had better is what I said before. More people played c-mode. But going to the gameplay stuff. Hucast was too much superior to the rest of classes. FO was only needed for shifta&resta.
Now in HUs. Hucast, Hucaseal and HUmar are pretty balanced only lowdown of HUmar is another addition, the traps. Traps helps to make the game funnier and less monotone. Forces with their powered up techs and specialties are a lot better now. FOnewearl is probably most powerful character for challenge in the early stages. Now materials and units have a more important role. In ver2 materials were nearly useless, they only added 2 and for a cmode stage that is like nothing. Units give a bit more now too.
And the crazy % cmode weapons have make it funnier too.

TedEdFred
Jun 11, 2003, 06:42 PM
I think Cmode was funner on Ver2. It had just the right amount of difficulty. Even on Ver2 getting under srank time was quite easy. On ep 1&2 they made it even easier (too easy).

Rhete
Jun 11, 2003, 09:36 PM
Version 2 was horribly unbalanced

In order to make ata an important stat, ultimate mode monsters had stupidly high evasion, and you needed to use the new version 2 weapons to even have a chance of hitting them. The problem was that only 5 of them were commonly found, red handgun, red saber, summit moon, twinkle star, and imperial pick.

For Hunters, this made them too powerful. Imperial Pick, being a partisan type, was an idea hunter weapon. The % system showed its huge flaws in version 2, when a Hunter with 1000+ atp, using a Pick with good %, was doing thousands of damage to mobs of enemies.

For Rangers, they got screwed. Of the five common weapons, they could use a whole one of them, red handgun. Not only could a hunter use it as well, and do a lot more damage, but rangers now had no multihit weapons available to them, aside from using a meteor smash and missing a lot of attacks.

Forces, got screwed too. Sure they got level 30 techs, but sega decided to give the monsters online huge resistances to everything, so even maxed out FOnewearls would be doing 100 or so damage in ult ruins, making them utterly useless attacking. Forces were basically demoted to standing behind the hunters and casting jellen and zalure constantly

Materials not having any limit would mean you'd usually have all of your stats maxed at lvl 140, making going to lvl 200 pretty pointless.

And then theres the cheating, hacking, duping, item creation, PK, NOL, Pass Hacking, 180% weapons, Banned Items, and lack of support by sega. So yeah, I didnt care for V2 much

Challenge mode was better though

Mystil
Jun 12, 2003, 04:53 AM
Wow, sounds like I should be glad I never made it to ver2 online huh? and I thought techs on ver2 could only go up to 17..hmm. You also forgot ancient saber. I found that in Skyly Ult Forest Ver2. About 3 back to back. O_o.

ATA...as if it's already not crazy enough. Heck you need like 220+(150+) to hit anything in EpII.

saffaya
Jun 12, 2003, 06:08 AM
On 2003-06-12 02:53, Silhouette wrote:
Wow, sounds like I should be glad I never made it to ver2 online huh?

No, you shoudn't.
I'm very glad to have played v2 online when I could.
(heck, I still do every saturday night)
Lot's of people Us and Jp, Challenge mode that really needs teamplay, kick-ass red sinows (I just love winback mines.), lots of online quests in v2, ...

and I thought techs on ver2 could only go up to 17..hmm. You also forgot ancient saber. I found that in Skyly Ult Forest Ver2. About 3 back to back. O_o.

er .. ancient saber was totally useless in v2 Ulti thanks to its low ATA. Like all v1 weapons.

ATA...as if it's already not crazy enough. Heck you need like 220+(150+) to hit anything in EpII.

just imagine you stop using all of your v1 weaps in ulti.
Having 3 RAcaseals, I was still able to use some like double sabers or charge blasters.
They had the best ATA in the game.

Malkavian
Jun 12, 2003, 08:44 AM
On 2003-06-11 16:42, TedEdFred wrote:
I think Cmode was funner on Ver2. It had just the right amount of difficulty. Even on Ver2 getting under srank time was quite easy. On ep 1&2 they made it even easier (too easy).

Um, challenge mode never has been difficult. And I dont think is really easier now. In ver2 Hucasts were supremely gods. Now there's any class that good. HUcaseals in some stages have to wait lv up or atp increase to equip busters and pallaschs. And the lower atp is very noticeable.

There were better weapons. good % mechguns and assaults were awesome. I remember doing 1000 damage in 1 combo with assaults. Also the way % worked in ver2 make the weapons more powerful. Now a 100% dark pallasch is something like 40-45% dark pallaschs in ver2 less than 50-60. I remember killing belras with good pallachs in one single combo.

Basically I don't think is possible to say cmode is too easy when it was already in ver2. I think you say it more because is the same and you have the experience of ver2 than anything more. I don't think you would find cmode harder going to ver2 now.

Rhete
Jun 12, 2003, 12:55 PM
GC C-Mode has to be easier, my best time on GC is an hour under my best DC time.

Hucast and HUcaseal traps make things so much easier, along with forces being able to find resta 3 long before C6, and FOmarl/FOnewearl having a resta range that you dont have to be standing on the person for them to feel

Malkavian
Jun 12, 2003, 01:54 PM
Yes in GC times are a bit lower. Around 10-15 minutes overall. But that has nothing to do with easier or more boring

LollipopLolita
Jun 12, 2003, 01:58 PM
On 2003-06-12 10:55, Rhete wrote:
GC C-Mode has to be easier, my best time on GC is an hour under my best DC time.

they also nerfed all the enemy stats for gc.