PDA

View Full Version : GC: Mag Farmer needed (special sato)

Spellbinder
Jun 11, 2003, 01:49 PM
Hello there, normally I can handle making my own mags, but I think I may need a little outside help on this one. Thanks to the Mag Farmer program on this site, I now know that the stats I would like on the mag arent much of a problem, but the color is what I'm concerned about. If anyone can help me figure out how to make a Yellow (not the dark yellow) Sato mag, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, I'm a Redria FOmarl by coincidence so that part won't be a problem.

Guntz348
Jun 11, 2003, 02:10 PM
The color of the mag is related to the person who has it when feeding begins. If you use someone in a light yellow costume to feed it to its first evovlution, then it will turn into a light yellow sato when you evolve it to that.

Soukosa
Jun 11, 2003, 02:14 PM
The color of the MAG never changes from what it was when you first get it. For the lighter yellow MAG, you'll need to keep making a character with a yellow costume until you get that color.

Guntz348
Jun 11, 2003, 02:26 PM
I started a mag with my purple force. Raised it with a black-ish grey humar, then gave it to a white force to make it into a sato. When the FO evolved it, it turned into a dark purple sato, so I know that works. The color goes by who has it at it's first evolution.

Soukosa
Jun 11, 2003, 02:38 PM
Was that the MAG that came with your purple FO? I raised a Pink MAG for my black RAcaseal and I don't have any characters that would have a costume of that color (other than the temp char I stole it from) and it stayed Pink the whole time. Also, that doesn't work too well since there's more than one color tied to a particular costume color, especially the the last ones in each row.

Guntz348
Jun 11, 2003, 02:43 PM
I'm pretty sure it was his original mag. I never changed his outfit, it was the mostly purple one with white accents. I may have fed it to its second evolution too, I'm not exactly sure, but I know I gave it my humar, then to my freind whos a white Fo and it still turned into a purple sato.

Soukosa
Jun 11, 2003, 02:56 PM
Since you started with a Purple costume, you would have gotten either the dark pink or the purple MAG and it seems you got the purple one. So, since it was originally purple, it became a Purple Sato.

rena-ko
Jun 11, 2003, 03:47 PM
actually the colour gets set when you equip it for the first time.

and for a yellow meg, yes, keep creating characters with the yellowish costume and you get either a bright or dark yellow mag.

Spellbinder
Jun 11, 2003, 04:04 PM
I was going to start it with a yellow costumed RAmar, but the costume.... doesn't look very yellow. Will this give me a bright yellow sato?

LollipopLolita
Jun 11, 2003, 04:08 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/magcolors.php

Spellbinder
Jun 11, 2003, 04:54 PM
I looked at the guide and tried two variations of a certain colored outfit on a RAmarl, but both mags came out the same color. Any ideas?

Electron
Jun 11, 2003, 05:25 PM
The RAmar on the second line of costumes will give you a light yellow mag.

Soukosa
Jun 11, 2003, 05:30 PM
On 2003-06-11 14:54, Spellbinder wrote:
I looked at the guide and tried two variations of a certain colored outfit on a RAmarl, but both mags came out the same color. Any ideas?

The game randomly selects one of the two colors. Try remaking a character with a yellow costume until you get the color you want. That's what I do.

Spellbinder
Jun 11, 2003, 05:30 PM
Thanks Electron ^_^

BrokenHope
Jun 11, 2003, 06:27 PM
On 2003-06-11 15:30, Kalonera wrote:

On 2003-06-11 14:54, Spellbinder wrote:

The game randomly selects one of the two colors. Try remaking a character with a yellow costume until you get the color you want. That's what I do.

Using the soft reset is quicker since you don't have to keep making characters, just pipe down to forest if it's not the colour you want soft reset and try again the game will keep randomly changing the characters mag colour through the ones that, that character can get based on costume colour.

Soukosa
Jun 11, 2003, 07:48 PM
On 2003-06-11 16:27, Broken Hope wrote:
Using the soft reset is quicker since you don't have to keep making characters, just pipe down to forest if it's not the colour you want soft reset and try again the game will keep randomly changing the characters mag colour through the ones that, that character can get based on costume colour.

Good idea. Next time I do that, I'll try that. The last time I needed a specfic MAG color, I didn't know of the wonders of soft reset yet.

scmfxt
Jun 11, 2003, 09:47 PM
That's funny.. the color of the mag never change on me. Right now i'm raising 10 different color sato and each came from each of the color costume. So, I don't know what you guy did but my sato got the same color as the guide said. With one exception, I create a formarl with each color so i don't know if that make a different or not. Just my 2 cents..

Nai_Calus
Jun 11, 2003, 11:08 PM
What's this soft reset thingie? *ignorant*

Mags do not change colours depending on who feeds them. If they did every time my HUmar fed a mag it would randomly change colour.

Speaking of colours, anyone know what colour of baby mag was used to make the third Sato in the second row on this page? http://pso-world.com/magguidev3.php?page=2 I'd assume purple, but there's another Sato further down that also looks purple. X_x; *confuzzled*

Soukosa
Jun 11, 2003, 11:16 PM
I think that color Sato is from a pale blue MAG you can get from a blue costume.

rena-ko
Jun 12, 2003, 06:51 AM
soft reset is pressing start + b + x for 1 second on cube. on x-box its a different combination pressed for 3 seconds... consult your manual ^_^

offline soft reset will reset all data to the last time you saved.
online you'll automatically save with this combination (useful when you're trapped in menues or something like that...)

Ryuzaki00
Jun 12, 2003, 07:20 AM
3rd sato in the second row...i think that is the pale blue mag. so hard to tell because it looks like the mags change shades a bit when they evolve into satos.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryuzaki00 on 2003-06-12 05:29 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Jun 16, 2003, 02:04 AM
Ahh, thank you everyone. ^_^ That colour of Sato is indeed from the light blue one, I just finished raising one, and it's perfect, just the colour I was looking for. ^^ And the soft reset thing really makes getting the Mag colour I'm looking for easier... ^^;;; Thanks. ^^ Now I just need to get the IQ back up now that I've finished getting the synchro up... Pesky finicky Sato are just like real cats. ^_-;;;