PDA

View Full Version : Challenge: Most powerfull weapon?

Interceptor
Jun 11, 2003, 03:44 PM
I saw in the new weapons list the S-rank J blade, it gives +960 ATP and +65 ATA!
But no pictures or anything...
Damn, i really got to play challenge more often.
Who confirms these weapons and how can you be sure this isn't a hack?

malinko
Jun 11, 2003, 03:47 PM
Uhh, the J-Blade isn't currentlyon the Gamecube or XBOX version of PSO yet, if ever. The stats shown are based on the Dreamcast version of the weapons. I bet it will be watered down though.

Guntz348
Jun 11, 2003, 03:52 PM
It will be watered down, those stats are for the DC version of the game. If memory stands correctly the J-blade was the a rarer S-rank you had to get lucky to get. When you picked one of the weapons it had a chance of being the Jblade when you got it. If you didn't get it you softreset and redid C-9 untill you did. I saw a guide somewhere on how to get it. I'll try to find it and post it for people.

Edit: Ok, I found the guide, It's on gamefaqs but I'll link below. Now this was for the J-Cutter, not J-Blade. I can't recall if it was a selectable item on the DC game, my gut says it was now though. My memory is not quite what it used to be. If anyone recalls if it was selectable, or if it was obtained throught the method below please let me know.

Just so you know, this method involves online soft-resets, so that your Srank time and weapon will not save. Anyone who does this does so at there own risk. I don't know how risky it is to reset in the lobby, but I don't think it's a real good idea. Do as at your own risk.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/dreamcast/file/phantasy_star_online_ver2_srank_jcutter.txt

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Guntz348 on 2003-06-11 14:03 ]</font>

AppieDPC
Jun 12, 2003, 06:10 AM
On 2003-06-11 13:52, Guntz348 wrote:
It will be watered down, those stats are for the DC version of the game. If memory stands correctly the J-blade was the a rarer S-rank you had to get lucky to get. When you picked one of the weapons it had a chance of being the Jblade when you got it. If you didn't get it you softreset and redid C-9 untill you did. I saw a guide somewhere on how to get it. I'll try to find it and post it for people.

Edit: Ok, I found the guide, It's on gamefaqs but I'll link below. Now this was for the J-Cutter, not J-Blade. I can't recall if it was a selectable item on the DC game, my gut says it was now though. My memory is not quite what it used to be. If anyone recalls if it was selectable, or if it was obtained throught the method below please let me know.

Just so you know, this method involves online soft-resets, so that your Srank time and weapon will not save. Anyone who does this does so at there own risk. I don't know how risky it is to reset in the lobby, but I don't think it's a real good idea. Do as at your own risk.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/dreamcast/file/phantasy_star_online_ver2_srank_jcutter.txt

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Guntz348 on 2003-06-11 14:03 ]</font>

hmmm call me stupid but just like on ngc (and prolly xbox dont have that version) the dc has a list from which u select ur s-rank wep from srank saber 2 srank j blade. All selectable. In the same type of list like on ngc which goes from srank saber 2 srank twin (?) u just pick a srank wep put a name on it like on ngc and exit game. So no "chance" of it bein a jblade u can just pick it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rhete
Jun 12, 2003, 01:06 PM
On DC there was an option to pick a random weapon, my friend did this and got J-Cutter on his first try. There's no random option on GC

VulpesMundi
Jun 13, 2003, 02:14 AM
Another couple of things to note about the J-Blade. On the DC & PC versions it was technically the strongest weapon in the game straight-up ATP wise. However, it had one of the worst ATA bonuses in the game (tied with the Ancient Saber for having the worst ATA on a new ver.2 item) and the damage it did was randomly generated. It was really funny to do a light attack and do hundreds of damage, then hit with a heavy critical hit for 0 damage. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif