PDA

View Full Version : I'm making a new character again... I want your oppinion

Getintothegame
Jun 11, 2003, 08:42 PM
Ok, you pretty much are going to make my character for me, because I'm bored. (I know most of you are, too)

There are some rules here, though.
- No Rangers (I use 3 of the 4)
- No HUmar (Just because)
- No FOnewm (Because...)
- No HUcaseal (I donno)

I would like a FO, but a HUcast or HUnewearl would be OK.

Use this to look them over. (http://www.pso-world.com/classes.php)

Ok, thats all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2003-06-12 12:52 ]</font>

Orange_Coconut
Jun 11, 2003, 08:50 PM
I personally have had much fun with my FOnewearl. She was my first character and is still my favorite. Although her tech boosts are definitely in the worst area, she makes way for a cute/kick-butt little FO that just so happens to look like a disco-jester.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Elusive_Llama
Jun 11, 2003, 09:00 PM
You could go Fomarl, get a nice set of vulcans with high hit %s, then use S/D/J/Z and vulcan-fire to do a decent imitation of a ranger while remaining a FO at heart.

Although, Hunewearl isn't a bad choice either.

rena-ko
Jun 12, 2003, 03:17 AM
-hunewearl would be an allrounder - good techs, good fighting, good evasion.

-fonewearl will get you far early (with the right boosts - and techs are really strong in this version) and maybe will get boring early as well.
she's definitely limited to techs (melee with a soul eater for example would make sense on hard with an ult fonewearl... - or a pow mag - havent tried that on ult yet...)

-a fomarl as ranger ^_^ if you're not sick of rangers yet, you can try this as well. a twin (srank maybe?) at a fomarl would make her a good hunter substitute - she's a melee force ^_^

-or a fomar... well... may be the same as fomarl just with lesser support and more attack tech (boost). with the right booster merges he's as versatile as a fomarl is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-06-12 01:20 ]</font>

Trickstr
Jun 12, 2003, 04:53 AM
HUnewearl- because, um, just becuase

CorneliusPower
Jun 12, 2003, 05:46 AM
On 2003-06-11 18:50, Orange_Coconut wrote:
I personally have had much fun with my FOnewearl. She was my first character and is still my favorite. Although her tech boosts are definitely in the worst area, she makes way for a cute/kick-butt little FO that just so happens to look like a disco-jester.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

You gave absolutely no reason fo Getintothegame to choose a FOnewearl.

Duder_Cooter
Jun 12, 2003, 05:47 AM
I have a FOnewearl and it suits me just fine.

Joe-Azlin
Jun 12, 2003, 08:53 AM
Make a FOmar because they can go melee and they look sooooo cool. That way you have the techs you wanted and your not another HUmar as if there werent enough.(dont get me wrong I like HUmars but there are a lot of them)

MasterForce
Jun 12, 2003, 10:57 AM
Get a FOmar. they kick butt.

Ghaleon
Jun 12, 2003, 01:54 PM
FOMAR FOMAR FOMAR FOMAR FOMAR FOMAR FOMAR FOMAR FOMAR FOMAR FOMAR FOMAR FOMAR FOMAR FOMFOMAR FOMAR FOMAR FOMAR AR FOMAR FOMAR FOMARFOMAR FOMAR FOMAR FOMAR FOMAR FOMAR FOMAR FOMAR FOMAR FOMAR FOMAR FOMAR FOMAR FOMAR FOMAR FOMAR FOMAR FOMAR FOMAR FOMAR FOMFOMAR FOMAR FOMAR FOMAR AR FOMAR FOMAR FOMARFOMAR FOMAR FOMAR FOMAR FOMAR FOMAR

Sedyne
Jun 12, 2003, 02:29 PM
HUnewearl if you want some easy and laid back playing....FOmar if your really that bored of a person and need a challange.

<By the way, FOmar is so damn boring> -This coming from an expierenced 152 max mate usage ex Fomar user-

Getintothegame
Jun 12, 2003, 02:50 PM
I've tried a FOmar, but the only problem with them is the low, low HP they get.

But thats ok, if you say that they're challenging.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2003-06-12 12:51 ]</font>

Logical2u
Jun 12, 2003, 04:08 PM
Maybe you could copy the HuNewearl that you gave the Booma's Claw to. THats right. Mine. Hunewearls have decent atttack, early techs, and regeneration TP for distance attacks.

Orange_Coconut
Jun 12, 2003, 05:48 PM
Alright, well. If you want to get into the technicalities then here's my submission to this thread.

Besides being a personal favorite, she does have the 1.3x tech boost on simple techniques. This only proves to be useful in the lower game modes though.
Once in Ultimate, although the FOnewearl has the best MST potential, it gets a bit harder for her since her multi-target techniques don't have a boost. I know it's not that's it's impossible or anything, but it it's not as easy then say a FOnewm because he has 1.3x on the most powerful techniques and on the secondary power techniques.

I have not yet been able to use her Megid bonus since I don't really see a point in using it in Ultimate. However I believe that it pierces. The Summit Moon or switching off between Laconium, Adaman, and Zumiran can give her even more of a nice boost.

Although many don't care about TP regeneration, I personally like it. It's especially useful in places where you can't return to Pioneer 2, for instance Seat of the Heart.

She, according to the stats page, also has the 3rd best evasion in the game. Her base is much higher then many of the maxed evp stats on other characters.

Along with all of that, she has an Anti/Resta 2x the range. Although the FOmarl also has that, she specializes in support techs mainly. The FOnewearl trades ATP and DFP with MST and EVP.

Realm
Jun 12, 2003, 07:46 PM
Fonewms rock i dont know what your pronlem is... i cant beleive that ur grouping them w/ humars... you sick bastard!

Dime
Jun 12, 2003, 07:57 PM
FOmar. The GI tech boost is better than the RA tech boost of the fonewm, because the GI techs are generally faster, and cost less TP.

Plus the FOmar can melee quite well, which the fonewm cannot do. Also FOMar can digest 250 Materials.

Gray4
Jun 13, 2003, 06:44 AM
Um, about the Gi techs...

Gi techs actually do more damage than Ra techs, but are slow-ass. I dont know where you got your info from , but try comparing casting speeds of Gifoie and Gibarta to Rafoie and Rabarta. No comparison, the Gi versions are way slower.