PDA

View Full Version : Legits/Cheaters...Let's all fucking RESPECT one another

Vantamiath
Jun 11, 2003, 11:49 PM
I'm fed up with this shit.

I'm legit, I have been since version 1 on DC, and I've always had bitter feelings towards dupers and dupe users.

You know what? Dupes arent the problem; it's people like you and me.

How many times have you seen a game name along the line of "Legits only please" and a dupe user knowingly entered just to be a complete dick? (Not saying dupers only games havent been invaded...not sure why they would care but anyways)

Respect is the problem. PSO doesnt have any for anybody. We've created a huge fucking deal that can easily be resolved.

Someone ask you not to use that spread needle? Then don't. But if you ask and they refuse, leave the game.

Because in the grand scheme of things, all of our nasty words towards other users does NOTHING but create more anger.

Just quit.

Dupes are just duplicates (wow a revalation), so why do people get so mad at dupe users? Is it because we can never obtain one? Is it because they did nothing to earn it?

Who fucking cares.

ok to wrap this up...

TO LEGITS:

If a players activety is bothering you, kindly ask them to use a different weapon, not hog exp, or leave the game. If none of these work, leave the game. Its not worth a flame war, because if the user is bound to not listen to you, he's going to do just that. But mainly...

Fucking respect one another.

TO DUPERS/Dupe users:

If a legit kindly asks you to quit hogging exp, use a different weapon, or leave the game, just do it. Legits are no better then dupers/dupe users, but we must all respect one another. If a legit starts flaming you just out of your appearance of items, ignore him/her. If you argue, you just create more hate and anger between the two groups. Just leave the game or ask him to leave the game. But mainly...

Think we can all be adults and handle this?

Me neither http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Kid_Icarus
Jun 11, 2003, 11:57 PM
I agree. I shall abide by your rulings n_n>

Nawms
Jun 12, 2003, 12:08 AM
blah blah fuckity fuck fuck blah fuck blah fuck PSO blah blah blah fuck

polishedweasel
Jun 12, 2003, 02:26 AM
Why do people still play this game? It's been 2 years people go outside! Please, my toilet paper is darker than you are.

Legits are dumb for whining

Dupers are dumb for making themselves be known as a duper....read the agreement when saving file to memory. Jackass!

Mystil
Jun 12, 2003, 04:59 AM
If you don't play no more, why do you still post here weasel?

Anyhow, yes I wholeheartely agree, and you took the words right out of my mouth. It's the apathy created by Dupers and legits(and fake ones) that is degrading this games overally communication quality, not the way they play the game.

I've been tired of it.

I feel, no one is enjoying themselves in this game cause of all the pointless hate. While I wish it to end, it's not ever gonna happen. So long as everyone wishs to stay self righteous to how they play, the hate will continue and grow.

IceBlink
Jun 12, 2003, 11:49 AM
I think the word "respect" is the wrong word you want people to use when they communicate. It's like telling a cop to respect people who pirate software. o_O

It sounds good on paper, but it ain't ever gonna happen. o_o

Perhaps "tolerate" is the word you want? ^_^;

Vantamiath
Jun 12, 2003, 01:59 PM
On 2003-06-12 09:49, IceBlink wrote:

Perhaps "tolerate" is the word you want? ^_^;

Either would be fine with me.

polishedweasel
Jun 12, 2003, 03:21 PM
On 2003-06-12 02:59, Silhouette wrote:
If you don't play no more, why do you still post here weasel?

I post I "Off topic" "Rants- Dead Horse Society" and "Fresh Kills" YOui don't like it, I break off your arms!!! hhaahahahahahahahahahahahahah lolololololol leeeeet. ok.. I don't post in the shitty threads. It's always the same stuff anyway.

"How do I not get killed by that purple junk?"

ShieldDragon
Jun 13, 2003, 02:13 PM
On 2003-06-11 21:49, IHPSOC wrote:
TO LEGITS:

If a players activety is bothering you, kindly ask them to use a different weapon, not hog exp, or leave the game. If none of these work, leave the game. Its not worth a flame war, because if the user is bound to not listen to you, he's going to do just that. But mainly...

TO DUPERS/Dupe users:

If a legit kindly asks you to quit hogging exp, use a different weapon, or leave the game, just do it. Legits are no better then dupers/dupe users, but we must all respect one another. If a legit starts flaming you just out of your appearance of items, ignore him/her. If you argue, you just create more hate and anger between the two groups. Just leave the game or ask him to leave the game. But mainly...

Think we can all be adults and handle this?

Me neither http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Now all you gotta do is post this up online, in place of the Minhiro announcement. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sham
Jun 13, 2003, 03:25 PM
Yes, I think it may be a good idea for me to respect a bunch of assholes who ruined the possible trade economy and rare system. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

Getintothegame
Jun 13, 2003, 04:21 PM
On 2003-06-13 12:13, ShieldDragon wrote:

Now all you gotta do is post this up online, in place of the Minhiro announcement. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Someone call up barubary6! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Anyway, back on the topic, I really agree with you. Dupers and legits need to get along. That was the sole purpose of PSO, wasnt it?

Mystil
Jun 13, 2003, 06:50 PM
On 2003-06-13 13:25, Sham wrote:
Yes, I think it may be a good idea for me to respect a bunch of assholes who ruined the possible trade economy and rare system. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

OMG, something Sham said that I agree on!! O_O

Although it's was peoples pickiness that ruined the trade system >_>.

And weasel, I did not understand a darn thing you said in your post. I only understand english. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif jk

Sham
Jun 13, 2003, 10:28 PM
Anyway, back on the topic, I really agree with you. Dupers and legits need to get along. That was the sole purpose of PSO, wasnt it?

Oh, fuck yeah! I can just imagine Naka and Sonic Team's conversation before the game was released; giddy with excitement over how cheating dickheads, and legitimate players, would be able to co-exist happily and in harmony on their very own online video game. Teehee.

Vanessa
Jun 15, 2003, 01:48 AM
I'm not sure I see it as a two sided issue as you do.

I agree when you say a user of duped items who is stealing xp is most likely to ignore a polite request to stop. A user of duped items who is behaving like a prick and stealing xp, or otherwise ruining the game experience, is very unlikely to give a rats ass what anyone else thinks.

So the major burden in maintaining sivility is on the "legit" user. The few and far between who aren't exploiting the game.

You might ask a user of a dued item who is stealing xp to kindly use a legit weapon, but in all lieklyhood, id say 95% of the time, he's going to ignore you, or insult you, or bitch and moan, and a person like that who is certainly not going to leave a game if asked. Sure one time out of 100 you might be pleasently suprised to see someone using a hacked spread needle put the thing away and let the other players get their fair share of the xp, but those instances are so rare, they're practically non-existant.

So basically, all you can do is ask nicely, get yelled at and then leave the game. The burden is entirely on the "legit" player.

Of course yelling at a duper, or insulting them isn't going to change anything. Either they're too young to really understand the concept of "playing well with others" or they're just assholes. Either way you're not likely to change the way they think by yelling at them.

I gess what I'm getting at is that I agree that just because someone is an ass is no excuse to be rude to them. But at the same time, the hackers and dupers really are a bunch of scumbags who are destroying the environment of PSO, and I have no resect for that at all.

Any attempt to create a more civil environment will come almost entirely from the "legit" users, as the dupers simply don't give a fuck.

Vantamiath
Jun 15, 2003, 04:21 AM
On 2003-06-14 23:48, Vanessa wrote:

Any attempt to create a more civil environment will come almost entirely from the "legit" users, as the dupers simply don't give a fuck.

Legits have been known to ruin games just as much as dupers/dupe users, even if theyre not wielding a BKB.

Yelling at cheaters doesnt make you justified because you dont partake in that kind of activety.

Mystil
Jun 16, 2003, 11:20 AM
Let me tell you something that most legits, about 80% of them have in common towards dupe users/dupers. They THINK and ACT LIKE they are BETTER and SUPERIOR than these dupe users/dupers. And I think it's Rhino, goat and horse shit if you ask me.

Omg it's extremely hillarious(sarcasm), which is why I HATE being a duper user. Some will spend minutes yelling about how they do not like hacks/cheats/ calling these players dickheads(hello Sham) and all that completly stupid obnoctious however you SPELL THAT crap.

A real legit is not bothered by those kinds of antics. A real legit can just sit back and say 'Well atleast I found my stuff and that's all that matters' Not go and spread your cheating hate, see how this has casted and bad image on the legits? As with the mean dupers casting the bad image on nice dupers..

Case in point, it's human nature to argue and hate. So the wall of hate and bigotry that has been placed between legits and 'cheaters' will never go away. *sigh* This is invigorating..

Sham
Jun 16, 2003, 07:43 PM
A real legit is not bothered by those kinds of antics. A real legit can just sit back and say 'Well atleast I found my stuff and that's all that matters' Not go and spread your cheating hate, see how this has casted and bad image on the legits? As with the mean dupers casting the bad image on nice dupers..

WOW SILHOUETTE! You've just clearly defined a legitimate person, I am so glad to have viewed your oh-so-correct definition!

But seriously, who the fuck are you to try and say what a legit person is and what's not? Oh, I'm not a "real legit" because I'm adamant in my opinions of the cheating dickheads(hello you?) that float around PSO, fucking the game up for their own personal pleasure. I guess it's SO wrong of me to not shut the fuck up when I pay $8.95 a month, all the while a bunch of pre-teens prance around the servers with dupes. I can't believe you actually expect people to just be walked on when the situation is just plain fucked up.

You wouldn't understand, anyway. You fall into the Cheater category, and judging from the shit you pull out of your ass, (real legits don't complain), your mind can't comprehend anything beyond that. Even when you claimed to be a "legit", which most people knew you really weren't. But sorry if it hurts that some guy insults you online for your cheating that has such a huge effect on a game. And I don't speak for legits, I speak for myself. So I don't cast a bad image on shit; the bad image comes from cheating morons who think it's wrong for legit players to complain about the wrongful things they do.

And "nice duper"? Lmfao. You must be dense. Why is it so hard to understand that, a person who dupes for himself, and a person who dupes for people who corrupted, are just the same? There is no niceness. Sure, it's conscientious of the "nice duper" to do things for others, but he's cheating and outright ignoring the ToS. If some guy steals money from the bank and gives it to homeless people, does that make it right? Fuck no. And the same applies for something so simple as cheating in an online videogame.

P.S. Since you decided to create a definition of a legit person, care to back it up in any way? I know a lot of legit people, and I don't know of a single one who doesn't dislike dupers/dupe users. Sure, they might not blast their opinions on PSO forums, but they damn sure talk about it and express the dislike(mainly amongst a team of fellow legits.) But I guess you wouldn't know anything about that. So, mission for you: find me this fabled legit person who has not ever complained about the duping on PSO. I'd love to meet some of these true legits.

ABDUR101
Jun 16, 2003, 08:52 PM
Cool it, everyone. Why make something such as this so personal?

God, it's a game, even if you care alot about it and the $9 you spend a month, why goto the extent of this?

First warning for the thread, the discussion can continue but don't make it so personal with each other, unless you intend to take it to PM's.

Orange_Coconut
Jun 16, 2003, 09:08 PM
On 2003-06-16 17:43, Sham wrote:

And "nice duper"? Lmfao. You must be dense. Why is it so hard to understand that, a person who dupes for himself, and a person who dupes for people who corrupted, are just the same? There is no niceness. Sure, it's conscientious of the "nice duper" to do things for others, but he's cheating and outright ignoring the ToS. If some guy steals money from the bank and gives it to homeless people, does that make it right? Fuck no. And the same applies for something so simple as cheating in an online videogame.

Sure there are, dupers are people too you know. I do not agree in the sense that giving people items is what makes someone a "nice duper", but I do believe that dupers can have a nice personality.

Both legits and dupers have their own personalities whether they come off as being bad or as being good depends on the type of person they are.

What I think would be a more accurate description, however, would be "friendly". People can be very welcoming and that has nothing to do whether you're a legit, a duper, or an undecided person. People also have the ability to be a complete wretch, it's just the way people are.

Now I may have mis-interpreted your post, if so then I'm sorry.

Droxitr
Jun 16, 2003, 09:22 PM
*Raises hand

Sham? Take it from Abdur, calm down. I have not once complained about duping, on PSO or any other game. I am also 100% legit.

The first time I encountered duping was on Diablo. The first one. I entered a game with three others already in it, and was met with a very poorly typed message telling me to get my haxoring ass out, or some such.

Before I could respond, one of the others replied and told him to calm down. The other guy said that he had a scanner program that showed any duped or hacked items a character was wearing. He asked if I made them, and I told him that I got them off someone else as a gift.

He then said that I should destroy my inventory, as most of it was hacked, or get out of the game. Both of the other guys basically told him to stuff it, and opened a portal for me to come down.

Funny thing is, with all my hacked gear, I was still the first to die. Eventually, the anti-hacker guy left, and the rest of us played for quite a while.

After that, I made a point of learning a little about duping and hacking so that I knew the more common items that were duped and given out.

I replaced all of the hacked items with legit gear and played that way until I got Diablo 2, and continued there.

Even after learning about hacking and duping and making the desision to stay legit, I never bothered anyone else in any game about how they played.

So, I guess I am the impossible, as you think. 100% legit, but I don't give a damn about how other people play unless it directly effects me. In PSO terms, go ahead and hack all the items you want. Start FSoDing people and such, THEN you are a 'dickhead', as you so eloquently put it.

One last thought. Hacking and duping only speeds up the type of 'entropy' that games like these eventually suffer. If it wasn't hacks and dupe tricks, people would eventually find enough of everything so that nothing was rare anymore.

So, in the end, what does it all matter? Nothing.