PDA

View Full Version : another purplenum question.

Blue-Hawk
Jun 12, 2003, 06:25 PM
for offliners.
how many of these enemies did it take you to get-
red mechs- del d ruins
df field- bulclaw ult ruins
lavis cannon- tolaw
synchesta- sinow red
parts of baranz- baranz
book of hitogata- gran sorcerer
hitogata- ??
been playing purplenum for the longest time and i cant find a damned one of these.

Reenee
Jun 12, 2003, 08:09 PM
Lavis Cannon? I've gone on what feels like 60 Soul of a Blacksmith runs. Still no Lavis.

eXo
Jun 12, 2003, 10:33 PM
Hmm well i have had my purplenum RAmar forever and i still have not found any of those http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
But on the bright side I did find a Frozen shooter and my all time prized posession the legendary

" PsychoWand "

But then again those both came off of rare monsters

Blue-Hawk
Jun 12, 2003, 10:40 PM
heh i have found 2 frozen shooters. never wanted the agrivation of looking for a psycho wand. well, i also did manage to find 3 yas 9000m. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Niroku
Jun 12, 2003, 11:14 PM
Well My friend did a Lavis run and he said he killed bout 3500 Tollaws and yet still no Lavis he is still trying to get one.

As for me I haven't even bothered to start lookin for it with my Purplenum. I'am much conent to find my dam P Wand 16 Mils Later nothing......

NeoPhatnutz
Jun 13, 2003, 12:48 PM
On 2003-06-12 16:25, blue-hawk wrote:
for offliners.
red mechs- del d ruins
lavis cannon- tolaw
synchesta- sinow red
parts of baranz- baranz
hitogata- ??
been playing purplenum for the longest time and i cant find a damned one of these.

Hmm...I've claimed one Red Mechgun from Del-Ds...maybe about 35 Ruins runs with my Purplenum.

For the Parts of Baranz, I musta did over 50 runs through the Mines.

Oh, and Hitogata. I didn't find it, but the monster you're implying that has it is probably Delbiter. And he doesn't drop that, its The Sigh Of A God. Tagged the black doggy for it after about 7 offline runs.

Blue-Hawk
Jun 13, 2003, 12:52 PM
On 2003-06-13 10:48, NeoPhatnutz wrote:

for offliners.
red mechs- del d ruins
lavis cannon- tolaw
synchesta- sinow red
parts of baranz- baranz
hitogata- ??

Hmm...I've claimed one Red Mechgun from Del-Ds...maybe about 35 Ruins runs with my Purplenum.

For the Parts of Baranz, I musta did over 50 runs through the Mines.

Oh, and Hitogata. I didn't find it, but the monster you're implying that has it is probably Delbiter. And he doesn't drop that, its The Sigh Of A God. Tagged the black doggy for it after about 7 offline runs.

i heard it was the deldepth. and i have gone over 50 times i the ultimate seabed and havent seen one red box. not even a damn photon drop. that place hates me and thats why i dont play that area anymore.

NeoPhatnutz
Jun 13, 2003, 12:56 PM
Then I guess it doesn't help for me to say that 5 rooms before the Biter's TSOAG, I entered an item room, and gained 2 Drops in 6 boxes http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Blue-Hawk
Jun 13, 2003, 01:03 PM
On 2003-06-13 10:56, NeoPhatnutz wrote:
Then I guess it doesn't help for me to say that 5 rooms before the Biter's TSOAG, I entered an item room, and gained 2 Drops in 6 boxes http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

normally i would say i hate you, but right now, i hate all that find things in the ult seabed. oran and purplenum refused to yield me anything. ever.

Richard
Jun 13, 2003, 01:14 PM
The Hitogata comes from a Del Lily, an online enemy, so you're not going to be able to get that.

Deldepth drops the Electro Frame.

Blue-Hawk
Jun 13, 2003, 01:18 PM
ah ok, thanks richard. either way, i know im never getting one. not even when my new pinkal gets there. so scratch off the hitogata.

NeoPhatnutz
Jun 13, 2003, 01:36 PM
I wonder if its cause I've accumulated so many hours of play? I've got well over 800 hours of play on my Purplenum character, and a guide I looked at suggests that the more total time of hours played in an area, the slightly higher the % of finding an enemy's rare every so many of hours. I've played the Seabed quite a few times now, can now beat Ultimate Flow offline without issue, and often leave the game running in Seabed while I go to sleep rather than quit and save. That probably attributed to my success.

My Purplenum on VHard Seabed has also personally snagged an Attribute Plate from Delbiter, and Revival Garment from Morfos (not even PSO for Grownups knows that one. I submitted the info there, but whatta you know, he's not updating anymore http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif ) I suggest you start a Seabed game when you go to sleep, keep the GC in a cool place, and build up some free hours in there, and I'll bet that your luck will eventually change. Keep on trying, you'll find something sooner or later.

Soukosa
Jun 13, 2003, 02:44 PM
I've noticed from my experience that after you've spent some time in just one area, you'll start to find rares more easily. But, I've also noticed that if stay in that area for too long, the opposite will happen.

Blue-Hawk
Jun 13, 2003, 10:40 PM
well, my ramarl has about 700 hours on her. lv 161. yes, i tend to fall asleep on the game as well. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
still nada.

Reenee
Jun 14, 2003, 01:01 AM
You know, hours played must mean the hours you've played.

Duh. Get some work done. Raise that EXP!

Blue-Hawk
Jun 14, 2003, 11:36 PM
On 2003-06-13 23:01, Shapiro wrote:
You know, hours played must mean the hours you've played.

Duh. Get some work done. Raise that EXP!

what? you mean all 23,412,914 of it so far?

Trickstr
Jun 15, 2003, 05:00 AM
Trickstr's best Purplenum find is the smoking plate which I can't use on my Humar and Yamato, looking for a Larvis Cannon

Foxx-
Jun 15, 2003, 08:02 AM
for offliners.
red mechs- del d ruins
lavis cannon- tolaw
synchesta- sinow red
parts of baranz- baranz
hitogata- ??

red mechs- nada
df field- nada
lavis cannon- still looking after killing, killing, killing
synchesta- nada
parts of baranz- second run through the mines, but that was also on an offline multi game with Neo on his char, so I don't think it counts much
book of hitogata- nada
hitogata- nada

My purp is only lvl 103. She's not braved the mines more than once by herself, much less the Ruins. Sooo :

Blue-Hawk
Jun 15, 2003, 09:53 AM
*sigh* just goes to show that purplenum really does suck. if my ramarl wasnt lv 162, i would kill her and make a new id. i already have 3 other characters im trying to work on. on a side note- i finally got 2 things to drop in purplenum- an inferno bazooka tekked to 65%machine from a barble and a god/arm *finally* off a gulgus gue.

Soukosa
Jun 15, 2003, 12:18 PM
Let me get this straight. You feel that Purplenum sucks because it can't get a few uber rares that easily?

Blue-Hawk
Jun 15, 2003, 01:00 PM
well, the red mechs and parts of baranz are the only ones in the list i really wanted the most. the others are just extras.

Soukosa
Jun 15, 2003, 02:37 PM
I see. I think you just need to give it more time, since they do come from some of the more stingy enemies in the game.

Blue-Hawk
Jun 15, 2003, 10:51 PM
On 2003-06-15 12:37, Kalonera wrote:
I see. I think you just need to give it more time, since they do come from some of the more stingy enemies in the game.

well, considering my purplenum IS lv 162 and has been through the mines and ruins since lv 99, i think i have given it a little more than enough time.

Soukosa
Jun 15, 2003, 11:02 PM
How much time have you spent in each of those areas?

Blue-Hawk
Jun 15, 2003, 11:44 PM
with both single and multiplayer, i would say a good 400 hours. she has almost 700 hours now. the rest of the time was spent looking for things in the temple.

Soukosa
Jun 16, 2003, 12:18 AM
On 2003-06-15 21:44, blue-hawk wrote:
with both single and multiplayer, i would say a good 400 hours. she has almost 700 hours now. the rest of the time was spent looking for things in the temple.

So, most of the time you've spent with this character was in the Mines, Ruins, and Temple?

Blue-Hawk
Jun 16, 2003, 12:32 AM
as well as forest, caves, and seabed and seaside.

Soukosa
Jun 16, 2003, 12:46 AM
Have you spent equal time in those areas as the ones mentioned before?

Richard
Jun 16, 2003, 12:52 AM
You should really just pick a rare or two that you REALLY want, and then hunt for them exclusively.

And if there's anything I've learned from hunting rares, it's that you're MUCH better off doing specific quests rather than just playing through the area over and over. Of course, this doesn't work for Episode II drops...

If you want, I could try to find some Japanese circumference logs to see how long it usually takes to get some of those things. Just tell me what you're REALLY looking for.

child
Jun 16, 2003, 03:26 AM
I got 2 Red Mechguns within probably my first 10 Ruins runs. I didn't realize it at the time, as I was hell-bent on Spread Needle, but I suppose that was extreme luck. I haven't seen hide nor hair of any of the others tho =/.

Maximus1
Jun 16, 2003, 04:50 AM
My Purplenum has covered numerous areas within the game so I'll contribute what I've found so far of notable items:

Ultimate Forest:
God Arm (one of the 1st three offline quests)
Lavis Cannon (Mop Up 1, 15th run)
Red Handgun (lots in Fake in Yellow)
Sacred Cloth (first Pal Rappy)

Ultimate Caves:
L&K Combats...lots...

Ultimate Mines:
Kasami Bracer (two in 10 Mines runs offline)

Ultimate Ruins:
Red Mechgun (seen a bunch from Del D)

Vhard Temple:
Double Saber (within 5 Famitsu runs)
Flowen's Frame (within 5 Famitsu runs)
Spirit Garment (took me 30 Famitsu runs!)
Twin Psychogun (within 5 Famitsu runs)

Ultimate Seabed:
L&K Combats...lots...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Maximus1 on 2003-06-16 02:52 ]</font>

Blue-Hawk
Jun 16, 2003, 07:37 AM
thanks, maximus, but that info is kind of useless to me. if you remember my original post in this thread, offline only. i dont have online.

Maximus1
Jun 16, 2003, 05:24 PM
On 2003-06-16 05:37, blue-hawk wrote:
thanks, maximus, but that info is kind of useless to me. if you remember my original post in this thread, offline only. i dont have online.

oops...my bad...I'll address the items you seek one by one:

red mechs- del d ruins (probably find one in 10 ruins runs)
df field- bulclaw ult ruins (this is tough...can't give you a quote)
lavis cannon- tolaw (oh boy...I can't tell you how hard it is to find this offline...it's too depressing)
synchesta- sinow red (see lavis cannon explanation)
parts of baranz- (this is tough...can't give you a quote)
book of hitogata- gran sorcerer (see lavis cannon explanation)
hitogata- (this, along with Yas 7k, Soul Banish, and Tripolic Shield are the hardest 10-star Episode 2 drops...can't give you a quote)