PDA

View Full Version : help in making a FOmar!

excecutor
Jun 12, 2003, 10:04 PM
ok, ive heard good things about these characters and ive decided to make one. im offline so ill be playing solo. what ID should he be? i wanna go melee since i got a fonewearl and a fonewm that only use techs. what should his equipment be? i mean later equipment, not starting or mid level equipment alhtought those would be nice to know. and i would like all the tips i can get about raising these characters and getting a darned good one! thanks.

excecutor
Jun 13, 2003, 03:47 PM
cmon guys plz give me some info on this, i really wanna know and make a FOmar

tehkao
Jun 13, 2003, 03:54 PM
Since Mechguns can be very useful at higher levels for a FOmar, Purplenum might be a good ID...but I would also suggest Redria, just because it's the best ID for finding Upgrades. You can find God/Luck, God/Body, and Devil/Technique really easily.

Right now my lvl 108 FOmar is using:
Vulcans+9 (15/0/40/40)
Valiant Frame 4 slots
God/Body
Devil/Technique
Devil/Technique
Elf/Arm++
Ila Mag (10/20/30/140)

excecutor
Jun 15, 2003, 02:54 PM
hmm ive heard about using a partisian with a fomar, is this a good strategy. also would slicers be decent?

Rhete
Jun 15, 2003, 03:19 PM
On 2003-06-15 12:54, excecutor wrote:
hmm ive heard about using a partisian with a fomar, is this a good strategy

Yes. Go with bluefull

SubstanceD
Jun 15, 2003, 04:55 PM
I did not now that Fomars could use partisians, well actually my Fomar does use a Soul Eater ( which I do not like since he looses HP when he has it equiped ) so I know he can equip that but whenever an enemy drops a normal Partisian class weapon and my Fomar picks it up it always appears to be X-ed off which I inturpret to mean he can't equip or use it.

Soukosa
Jun 15, 2003, 07:00 PM
FO's can't use most partisans, but there's a couple that are equipable by all classes.

Ryuzaki00
Jun 15, 2003, 07:20 PM
hmmm...the only partisans that are all equip are soul eater and soul banish, i think. if you don't have pinkal, that would be a good one. tho it gives mostly FO weaps and they're not that great for melee.

Stalfos333
Jun 16, 2003, 12:46 AM
I've never much liked FoMars. They're just not good enough at anything to make them a better choice than other characters. They're stronger than FoNew's, but less apt at magic. They're weaker than Hunnys, but better at magic. They're highly adaptable characters, one would think, except that they can only really go for either melee or MST, not both. And either way, they're only middle of the road. Even if you do go melee, you still only have access to a few weapons, and are restricted to frames and barriers for armor. Stat flexibility doesn't make up for that.

For a melee mage, I'd go with hunny. For a Ranger with techs, RaMarl. For a simple Magician, go Fonewm.