PDA

View Full Version : Ranger...What is their purpose?

DarthBananasNPajamas
Jun 13, 2003, 11:56 AM
How do they contribute to and help the team in the case of RAcast and RAcaseal?

Kent
Jun 13, 2003, 12:00 PM
They make nice decoys... until they die and start whining, but other than that, they really don't do anything helpful to the team.

ChaosBringer
Jun 13, 2003, 01:21 PM
ummm they kill bad guys

Duder_Cooter
Jun 13, 2003, 01:31 PM
I play with a guy who has a RAcast, we use him to find those pesky traps.

Dhylec
Jun 13, 2003, 01:53 PM
well ur team's all droids so u can u him/her to cast s/d & resta to boost some atp/dfp or quick hp

Soviet
Jun 13, 2003, 02:49 PM
Hi new Member here;)

Thought i would make my first post a good one and not one of those cheesy "I'm new topics".

I been playing PSO ever since Dreamcast Pso Came out.
I have had a RACAST on every system. They are my favorite Character! SO now that you know i have been playing PSO series for awhile i will express my opinion.

I think GOOD RAcasts are a good thing to have on your team. I have no idea why people Say RAcasts die more because in 99% of the games i been in the HUNTERS are the ones dropping like flies. The role of each class is as follows.

Force- Shift/Deband,Healing,Damage with use of spells
Hunter- Up front protecting the Force/Ranger, Taking damage, Doing major damage.
RAnger-Traps (Andriod), Weakening enemies, Preventing Hunter from getting hit by a great number of enemies.

I think all classes are liked in team play!

BUT it's simple

RANGER and HUNTER players don't usually get along!
I'm a full blown ranger! They are my favorite class and I know how to equip the best ranger!I run into hardcore Hunters who play nothing but hunters and we argue.

It usually goes this way for me.

Ranger(me) and force down in Ruins Ult making good time.
*hunter* enters room
Ranger and force - "Want a pipe"
Hunter- "Sure"
*hunter comes down and Whirls in with his black king bar killing all of them*
Hunter- "Aren't you glad i came down?"
Ranger-"they were almost dead when you came down"
Hunter-" whatever ranger shutup, you do nothing"
*next room hunter dies*
Hunter-"WTF why were you just standing there shoot them mfor me"
Ranger-" i thought i did nothing"
Hunter-" dont be a dick"

Goes on for whole game while force just sits back and listens to the ever popular Ranger vs hunter debate.

This happens to me far to often. Ranger and hunter Lovers dont get along.

Rhete
Jun 13, 2003, 03:17 PM
Hunters are just jealous of how good rangers are (re: Kent)

Soviet
Jun 13, 2003, 03:25 PM
Yeah Kent:

Probably one of the Million HUMARS out there.
I bet you I can describe Kents char now.

Black costume
White long hair
Tall as you can go

Am i correct Kent? or should i call you Sephiroth!

Jeesh

Soviet
Jun 13, 2003, 03:25 PM
Yeah Kent:

Black costume
White long hair
Tall as you can go

Jeesh

Jack
Jun 13, 2003, 03:36 PM
Frozen Shooter is one reason. They're invaluable at higher levels. Say the primary Hunters get trapped between a group of Merlans and the like? They can't get out, but a Frozen Shooter can buy them time. Plus RAmarls make good pseudo Forces what with the level 20 Shifta, Deband, Jellen and Zalure.

dropslash
Jun 13, 2003, 03:44 PM
As a HUcaseal, i love having a RAcaseal or a RAcast on my team. I can charge a group of enemies and drop a trap and an android ranger can pick it off immediatly. Comes in very handy.

And i have to agree with the frozen shooter/snow queen too. Those weapons turn ult. ruins into a walk in the park. Same goes for a ranger using spread needle.

Having a good ranger on a team, knowing someone has your back, makes things so much easier.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dropslash on 2003-06-13 13:47 ]</font>

FabulousJ
Jun 13, 2003, 04:20 PM
Hi! I'm new here as well and I also would like a meaningful post! ^_^

Just Kidding.

But honestly, I don't know why this is even a question. I've played with every class in PSO and I find they all play an important role on a team.
FOs spell support is indispensible for both attack and defense.
HUs usually function as the front line providing the most melee damage. They are also the ones facing the most danger from direct physical attacks which means they are the ones in danger of dying the most.
However, this is where the RAs come in. They provide second level support for hunters and a second line of defense for forces. Since rangers can attack accurately from a distance, they keep hunters from being surrounded and assist in juggling enemies.
Be kind to your rangers! ^_^

Interceptor
Jun 13, 2003, 06:38 PM
Oh no, another 'rangers suck' post. I've played HUcast and RAcast. Sure my Hucast did a lot more damage, but he took alot too. Rangers aren't much good at low levels, but at a high level they can clear rooms much faster than any hunter.
Never heard anyone complaining about my freeze traps... wich can be very valuable to keep hunters from getting their ass kicked.
My weapons of choice are shotguns. I hit 5 enemies at once, wich slows them down alot, so hunters can finish them of easily. Let's not forget rangers are invaluable at boss fights. my 15 hits in one combo do a hell of alot more damage than a 3 or even 6 hit combo from a same level hunter. Rangers can hit everything from everywhere with high accuracy, that's a big advantage when fighting Falz or Olga.
A huge disadvantage is that i almost always miss the rares... Oh well, there's still the offline mode...

CorneliusPower
Jun 13, 2003, 08:05 PM
On 2003-06-13 10:00, Kent wrote:
They make nice decoys... until they die and start whining, but other than that, they really don't do anything helpful to the team.

Wow, for PSO's only genius we are in trouble. I happen to use a RAcaseal, now in which Im lvl 145. Just wanna say this to your ignorance I happen to be an integral part of whatever team Im on. I happen to save a lot of HUmar and HUnewearl ass from being pummeled by Dark Berlas and such. As you may not know RAcaseals and RAcasts happen to have more HP & ATP than that of a human. IF your saying in order to be useful you would have to have Shifta/Deband abilities? How about that HUmar thats running around waiting to be ANTI-ed when paralyzed? Please think before you post.
Also dont judge the class by the player. There happens to be a lot of useless FO's and HU's out there. Thank you.

Getintothegame
Jun 13, 2003, 08:15 PM
Ok, I'm a good ranger, I have made it to level 113 and 123 with 2 RA class people.

They are good, you just need to equip them with the right stuff.

Soviet
Jun 13, 2003, 09:55 PM
Good points interceptor,

I agree, I do way more damage then any hunter!
everyone loves my GUld millas on Olgaflow battles!

MY power mag + Shifta +Deband = MEGA DAMAGE!

Ranger_Larry
Jun 14, 2003, 12:09 AM
Racasts have excellent defense and the highest HP in the game. Racaseals have the highest defense and second highest HP in the game. Now who are the one's dying all the time? Oh, Ramar has the highest HP of any NON robot character. Ramarl is similar to a Hunewearl in HP and def. (tech-wise too) Now how exactly does that equate to RAs being weak? I have a level 172 ramar and the only stuff that gets me are instant death/cheap ways. (megid, and those giant flower things on that East Tower Quest, but they get EVERYBODY. I do use my Frozen Shooter to snipe them, DEAD, most of the time. However, sometimes you just get surrounded by the things *mad*

Elusive_Llama
Jun 14, 2003, 12:45 AM
Hey, all I know is that my 160 Ramarl....

- rarely misses (241 ATA) even on hard-hard-hard or hard-special-special combos

- does anywhere from 500 - 1000+ dmg a hit with charge vulcans

- freezes single targets or groups with one shot from her Snow Queen

- cuts down groups of monsters faster than any Hunter; her Spread Needle fire may even equal or surpass a Force in crowd control, due to its rate of fire

I'd be more than happy to get my Ramarl and pit her against Kent's Hunter, in any area, just to prove my point that Rangers pull far ahead of Hunters in later levels...

Reenee
Jun 14, 2003, 01:24 AM
Hunter: Front-lines attacker.
Ranger: Back-up.
Forces: Support AND Attack Techniques.

Kent
Jun 14, 2003, 03:55 AM
On 2003-06-13 13:25, Soviet wrote:
Yeah Kent:

Black costume
White long hair
Tall as you can go

Jeesh

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Just so you know, I use a Force mainly, and I'm not stupid enough to make a Sephiroth character. Also, I prefer HUnewearls over HUmars because of their better techniques.

And Rhete obviously isn't comprehending the meaning jealousy correctly, I don't like Rangers because there are other characters who can do most of the things they do in a superior and more efficient manner, except for just sitting back and pegging enemies from very long distance in later levels. I've also found that RAmarls are more useful to a team (and more self-sufficient) than the other Rangers because of their high MST and level 20 technique cap, but I'd still prefer a Force for those.

Just so you know; "Jealousy" is when you are upset because you want something that someone/thing else has, not when you think it is inferior (which is the case here).

Trickstr
Jun 14, 2003, 04:15 AM
I'm Hunter to the core I'm addicted to be stashing away at beasts. I think Rangers depend on who's using them
Ranger+Coward= Useless
Ranger+hero= allways trying to take all the kills going close with guns
Ranger+team player= good back up, good taking on bosses.
My theory anyway (I'm a HUmar, nothing wrong with HUmar.)

Rhete
Jun 14, 2003, 05:06 AM
On 2003-06-14 01:55, Kent wrote:

I don't like Rangers because there are other characters who can do most of the things they do in a superior and more efficient manner

I believe I told you why several times in another thread why rangers are better and you ignored every point, so lets try this again.

Forces kill stuff from a distance.
Rangers kill stuff from a distance.

Forces use TP, and have to select their spells based off the enemies elemental resists

Rangers do not have to worry about TP, and can attack forever using a shot or spread needle, doing more damage to a large mob easier, without worrying about using rafoie on a rabarta weak monster, or sacrificing their defense for a merge

Rangers are by FAR the most efficient killers in the game. I believe the word we're looking for is jealous

On 2003-06-13 10:00, Kent wrote:
They make nice decoys... until they die and start whining

I think you just described forces by accident

Trickstr
Jun 14, 2003, 05:14 AM
if he's jealous why not make a ranger? of course he's not jealous

Malkavian
Jun 14, 2003, 06:17 AM
But he is biased.

Since PSO v1 I always noticed that RAcasts/RAcaseals are the less dying classes. There's many people that have played a lot with me and never saw me die.

Ranger_Larry
Jun 14, 2003, 10:13 AM
I get in close with my needle and mow em all down fast. Nothing makes me smile more than a large pack of Del Ds, Merlans, and Arlans. 4 Delsabers? Bring em on. I mow em down just the same. High level RAs kick major ass. Their stats grow better at high levels than other classes. Puny humar, did you know that ramars have 100 more HP than you at level 200? Bet you didn't. Just believing that you are better does not make you better. Ask the Iraqi Information Minister http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Oh yeah, modern armies use GUNS, not swords, wonder why? *rolleyes*

Ranger_Larry
Jun 14, 2003, 10:16 AM
On 2003-06-14 04:17, Malkavian wrote:
But he is biased.

Since PSO v1 I always noticed that RAcasts/RAcaseals are the less dying classes. There's many people that have played a lot with me and never saw me die.

Yep, me and my fellow high level RAs pretty much only die from megid, which gets everyone. Ahhh....since we have frozen shooter that doens't even happen as often though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif 2 of my best friends on PSO are a Racast (lv 183) and a fonewearl (lv 172ish) Along with me (ramar, lv 172) we clear ruins with ease. Only a sneaky gran sourceror ever puts us down once in awhile. (megid)

Logical2u
Jun 14, 2003, 11:04 AM
Hmm. I really like my rangers. Mainly RaMars though.
Lets go through upsides and downsides...

RaMar Type 1: Ultra Powerful. No/little techs. Power Mag with defense. Something like a Frozen Shooter as wep.
RaMar type 2: Weak, but can pick off enemies very well. Lots of Techs, including Shifta/Deband, sometimes higher/ same as FOs. (My Deband is 11, compared to a level 46 fomar's level 4.)

RaMarl Type 1: Similar to type 1 Ramar, but slighty more/stronger techs.
RaMarl type 2: Same as RaMar type 2, but relies much more on Resta.

RaCast: The closest thing to a Hunter in the Ranger class. Very Powerful, and regenerative HP. Doesn't really need Shifta/Deband or Barta. Typically only one type of Racast is common. But some relie more on Traps.

Racaseal: Good for scouting/trap disabling with their high defense, and are good 'Pepper em with fire' people. Great ranger style, with a good balance of power and defense. Regenerative HP.

Project-X
Jun 14, 2003, 11:20 AM
All I have to say is that I've been a Ranger fanboy since the DC V1, the day it came out. I have multiple characters including Hunters and Forces but I enjoy playing with my Rangers far more than anyother class. When I'm online, I see more Hunters than any other class die constantly.

Elusive_Llama
Jun 14, 2003, 12:42 PM
I don't like Rangers because there are other characters who can do most of the things they do in a superior and more efficient manner, except for just sitting back and pegging enemies from very long distance in later levels.

Let's go through that list again, what Rangers can do.

Shoot things: Duh.

Melee things: Heh, not what they were designed for.

Cast spells: Ramar and Ramarl cannot match a Force in this area.

Support the team: Rangers excel in this, with their Frozen Shooters and Snow Queens, along with Spread Needle paralyze.

Kill bosses: No contest. Rangers own bosses.

Produce a high damage output: Rangers have high ATA and the use of all mechguns. This means they hit more often than they miss, which translates to a higher damage output. Ramar and Ramarl break past the 300+ ATA mark with 50% hit charge vulcans, which lets them do hard-special-special combos and get away with it most of the time. Using aforementioned charge vulcans, my Ramarl can *just* match the damage output of a max ATP Hucast using L&K-14s, both of us with shifta 20 on. With just level 30 shifta cast, she does 800 a hit with the special attack, and over 1000+ with a critical. Imagine this kind of damage with mechguns, which hit 9 times. Yeah.

Freeze things: You'd be stupid to argue that Rabarta 30 is better at freezing than a Frozen Shooter or Snow Queen. Freeze traps are 100% effective, but they have a limited supply and range. FS/SQ can be fired the whole day, hitting things at long range and keeping nearly everything in a constant state of chilliness.

Crowd control: Rangers are far more efficient in this area than any other class. Spread Needle does not respect elemental resistances, and it fires as fast as a rifle. Unlike Swords/Partisans, it is ranged and can hit monsters that would be just out of reach of Swords/Partisans. Monsters like to mill around and turn back on their own path, which is why Swords/Partisans can't always hit them all at once. Unlike Slicers, Rangers don't need to move forward while firing the weapon. Unlike spells, Spread Needles have a combo, don't rely on elemental resistances, AND they push monsters back with every shot. The fact that the paralyze special works even in Ultimate mode is a bonus.

Auracom
Jun 14, 2003, 08:15 PM
I'd like to see someone say my level 169 RAcast doesn't do anything to contribute to the team.

What happens at the end of a HU's 3 hit combo? Theres a delayed reaction. This is the time when most HU are open to an attack. Rangers make up to this delayed time by stalling till the HU recovers.

RA should be FO's best friend. They should normally stick together. While a FO casts techs they're vulnerable to attacks, you could say RAs might be a meat/metal sheild or push enemies back with their hard hits to prevent FO's from taking any damage.

Thats what I think Rangers do.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Auracom on 2003-06-14 18:21 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Jun 14, 2003, 10:00 PM
...It's amusing. All the arguments here revolve around uber-rares. Very amusing. The same sort of thing that's used to say why Hunters suck is being used to claim Rangers > you. "My Guld Milla kicks your ass! My Snow Queen pwns! My..." Mmm, the smell of hypocrisy in the morning. Of course, most Hunters probably -do- suck ass.

I personally find Rangers boring to play as. There's no thought involved at all. No strategy, no thinking, just mindless boring shooting. I never use my RAmarl and I'm thinking of killing her for another Hunter or Force. I'm sure they have their uses in team play, but soloing with a ranger is the most boring thing imaginable. X_X

...And any Hunter who actually uses 3-hit combos 100% of the time is an idiot who doesn't know what the hell they're doing. Unless you know that between you and the other members of your party it'll all be dead by the time you finish that combo, you're -asking- for a smackdown. Normal-Heavy-Run away. Put the BKB down and drill that into your brain, SSJGOKUDBZ. Normal-Heavy-Run away, and while you're at it put the sword down and use a Partisan, it's faster so you're even less likely to take a beating and it has better range. And for god's sake, learn how and when to use a gun. Nobody wants to revive your candy arse because you were trying to melee Olga Flow or an Ob Lily in a room full of them. Handgun or Mechguns, maggot.

Elusive_Llama
Jun 15, 2003, 12:04 AM
All the arguments here revolve around uber-rares. Very amusing. The same sort of thing that's used to say why Hunters suck is being used to claim Rangers > you.

I can't speak for the rest, but the essential Ranger weapons aren't uber rares.

Charge Vulcans: buy in the store

Spread Needle: Greennill Merlans (got mine in 6 Ruins runs, offline)

Frozen Shooter: Greennill Hildetorrs (drop them 80% of the time)

Snow Queen: 50 pdrops to get photon booster, then upgrade your Frozen Shooter.

There you go.

sysreq
Jun 15, 2003, 12:34 AM
I can't speak for the rest, but the essential Ranger weapons aren't uber rares.

Charge Vulcans: buy in the store

Spread Needle: Greennill Merlans (got mine in 6 Ruins runs, offline)

Frozen Shooter: Greennill Hildetorrs (drop them 80% of the time)

Snow Queen: 50 pdrops to get photon booster, then upgrade your Frozen Shooter.

There you go.

yea, those are pretty hard to find, maybe you find them with ease, but me and my friend play a lot and we haven't come close to any of them.
Except the frozen shooter, we were playing a HEAT SWORD http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif and in the last room i was like "die stupid hildabear cousins!, wtf there are no lilies in, OMG" but the stupid thing dropped meseta....

we havent tried to tackle ult ruins yet, and the photon drops dont work on xbox...

btw im a lvl 101 hunewearl using a Red partasin(thx pal rappy) and a dragons claw (lost dels buster in load freeze) whitll id

Dime
Jun 15, 2003, 02:21 AM
Us RAs make sure you hunters don't get your ass kicked when you run into a group of 5 Gilchics at level 105 with your BKB.

Vantamiath
Jun 15, 2003, 03:24 AM
On 2003-06-15 00:21, Dime wrote:
Us RAs make sure you hunters don't get your ass kicked when you run into a group of 5 Gilchics at level 105 with your BKB.

*Dances around stage flailing arms*

AMMEEEN brother!

Getintothegame
Jun 15, 2003, 03:29 AM
On 2003-06-15 01:24, IHPSOC wrote:

On 2003-06-15 00:21, Dime wrote:

*Dances around stage flailing arms*

AMMEEEN brother!

I agree. Now goodnight.
Tomorrow I'm gonna make a huge rant on how there is 'always' something wrong with some character...
I donno, good night.

silvermax
Jun 15, 2003, 03:52 AM
On 2003-06-14 20:00, Ian-KunX wrote:
...It's amusing. All the arguments here revolve around uber-rares. Very amusing. The same sort of thing that's used to say why Hunters suck is being used to claim Rangers > you. "My Guld Milla kicks your ass! My Snow Queen pwns! My..." Mmm, the smell of hypocrisy in the morning. Of course, most Hunters probably -do- suck ass.

I personally find Rangers boring to play as. There's no thought involved at all. No strategy, no thinking, just mindless boring shooting. I never use my RAmarl and I'm thinking of killing her for another Hunter or Force. I'm sure they have their uses in team play, but soloing with a ranger is the most boring thing imaginable. X_X

...And any Hunter who actually uses 3-hit combos 100% of the time is an idiot who doesn't know what the hell they're doing. Unless you know that between you and the other members of your party it'll all be dead by the time you finish that combo, you're -asking- for a smackdown. Normal-Heavy-Run away. Put the BKB down and drill that into your brain, SSJGOKUDBZ. Normal-Heavy-Run away, and while you're at it put the sword down and use a Partisan, it's faster so you're even less likely to take a beating and it has better range. And for god's sake, learn how and when to use a gun. Nobody wants to revive your candy arse because you were trying to melee Olga Flow or an Ob Lily in a room full of them. Handgun or Mechguns, maggot.

*claps*

THANK YOU,

and for the other person who posted all the esntial weps of a ranger, dont... just dont.... it takes so long before NORMAL people can even get to ult, let alone ULT RUINS....

i have charge vulkans, but none of this 50hit bs, now lets all paly nice with our varistas, and dragon slayers http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Trickstr
Jun 15, 2003, 04:38 AM
On 2003-06-14 08:13, Ranger_Larry wrote:
I get in close with my needle and mow em all down fast. Nothing makes me smile more than a large pack of Del Ds, Merlans, and Arlans. 4 Delsabers? Bring em on. I mow em down just the same. High level RAs kick major ass. Their stats grow better at high levels than other classes. Puny humar, did you know that ramars have 100 more HP than you at level 200? Bet you didn't. Just believing that you are better does not make you better. Ask the Iraqi Information Minister http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Oh yeah, modern armies use GUNS, not swords, wonder why? *rolleyes*

ok Trickstr getting agresive now here it goes,
this is a game not reallity get it strait.
Also rangers keep way back with their guns hunters are close there for get hit more less of a coward, RAmar has more health that only means he is unnecaceraly powerful and there for HUmar is for more advanced players I don't give a rats arse what the flippin manual says.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Trickstr on 2003-06-15 02:39 ]</font>

CorneliusPower
Jun 15, 2003, 07:06 AM
Elusive Lama speaks the truth. No Uber rare is needed, although every Joe may have a spread needle, it takes skill to use it. Packing a side arm is very necessary, i use guld milla 25% machine 35% hit as side arm. Seriously if your bored of using a RAnger, its obvious your playing the class wrong. I myself used to be anti-RA, but lvling my RAcaseal to 147 now, is even much more fun. Kick along a FOmar on my side, well PWNage baby! Its very apparent that the anti-RA's are ppl who never lvled thier RA passed 100 or...just hell bent on the fact that RA's are more helpful than NOT. =P
As a side note...KENT, spare us with your ignoramous! ^_^

Logical2u
Jun 15, 2003, 09:15 AM
Also, Hunters are those people who ask for Resta, Reverser, and don't cast Resta/ Jellen/ Zalure.
Some Rangers (Type 2) are equal/better then forces. But most people on pso use uber rares such as frozen shooter making rangers ultra strong, and ALMOST EVERY HUNTER I'VE SEEN USES A BKB/MKB on VHARD. And almost every Ranger I've seen on VHard uses things like SNeedles, And other more uber rare ranger weapons. So this argument is just dumb because every ranger is different. I use Justy for the special and use resta, deband and shifta at high levels. I get about 10 'Thanks' a game for my support techs. Other use Frozen Shooters for freezing and killing,

Logical2u
Also, Hunters are those people who ask for Resta, Reverser, and don't cast Resta/ Jellen/ Zalure.
Some Rangers (Type 2) are equal/better then forces. But most people on pso use uber rares such as frozen shooter making rangers ultra strong, and ALMOST EVERY HUNTER I'VE SEEN USES A BKB/MKB on VHARD. And almost every Ranger I've seen on VHard uses things like SNeedles, And other more uber rare ranger weapons. So this argument is just dumb because every ranger is different. I use Justy for the special and use resta, deband and shifta at high levels. I get about 10 'Thanks' a game for my support techs. Other use Frozen Shooters for freezing and killing,

Logical2u

Nai_Calus
Jun 15, 2003, 12:42 PM
Nice triple post. ^_-;

Let's see...

It's not a matter of getting to L100, it's a matter of liking a particular kind of play style. I don't like using guns. I do when I have to, but it annoys me. I like magic and melee weapons. Sure I carry a Red Handgun and a 50% Master's Gatling for those times shooting is called for. I'd still rather whip out the Red Partisan or OrotiAgito or with my Forces, blast away with the techs. And yeah, I'm sure it is great being a Ranger with a Force at your side. I'm offline only, though, so. Solo it's rather boring. "Oh look... I'm doing miles less damage than a Hunter or a Force would do, using nothing but guns, oh hey, yeah, I have S&D and it can get up to L20 someday along with my other techs, but, uh, my Forces can do up to L30 and do obscene amounts of damage with their techs and my FOmar kicks more ass than a Hunter would with his S/D and J/Z going and his Double Saber... So what's the point?" I'm sure it's great support having a ranger, but offline solo it's as useless as a FOmarl.

I want to know what kind of pissy crappy Hunters don't use J/Z and their own Resta, if they have them. Jesus, people, ever play solo offline? Hey lookie, HUmar, no Force to wipe your ass with S/D and Reverser and Anti, gotta use your J/Z, watch your own damn HP and keep yourself from getting status effects! Hey, ain't it great? Yeah, I know, poor baby, you have to actually think about what you're doing. Suck it up. Worthless maggots.