PDA

View Full Version : Yet another finding Rares theory(?)

tehkao
Jun 13, 2003, 03:46 PM
My theory is that the less rares that you possess, the greater the chance of you finding rares.

I know it sounds strange but what I did was completely empty out my storage locker of all the rares that were just sitting there, and transferred it to another character. So the only rare I possess was a Hildebear's cane.

After I did this, I found 4 rares in about 2-3 hours time. Whereas before I could play for about 10 hours and not find a single rare. I was a lvl 106 FOmar by the way.

I arrived at this theory because I observed that, everyone who plays PSO ends up with about the same number of rares after a certain amount of playtime. I mean, if the chances of finding rares are COMPLETELY RANDOM, there should be cases where someone is SO unlucky, they have found no rares at all. But that is not the case. No matter how unlucky you are, everyone finds at least SOME rares. So my theory is, the game is programmed with some lower baseline that gives each character a minimum amount of rares. So if your character has no rares or too few rares, the game has to try to make up for it by giving you more.

Does anyone else think this makes sense or am I just talking out of my ass....

excecutor
Jun 13, 2003, 03:54 PM
what 4 rares did u find?

tehkao
Jun 13, 2003, 03:58 PM
Aura Field
2 Dragonslayers
Cross Scar
Part of Egg Blaster

I was playing Ult Temple btw.. and btw I wasn't doing the piping trick or anything..just playing normally.

tehkao
Jun 13, 2003, 04:05 PM
Aura Field
2 Dragonslayers
Cross Scar
Part of Egg Blaster

I was playing Ult Temple btw.. and btw I wasn't doing the piping trick or anything..just playing normally.

excecutor
Jun 13, 2003, 04:07 PM
yeah thats an interesting theory, i cant play today cus im going places, but ill test out ur theory tonight and tomorro k?

tehkao
Jun 13, 2003, 04:31 PM
Sounds good. Try using your highest level character if possible. I think it will work better the higher level your char is. Try running through the levels a few times possessing the least amount of rares possible (in your locker and on yourself).

Ryogalost
Jun 14, 2003, 01:02 AM
hmm I don't know I started to find more rares when I had more rares. but then agian I just keep getting the same crappy rares that I don't really care about. Heck I've had runs in Vhard where I've come back with three to five rares but none of which is better or different from what I have.

Reenee
Jun 14, 2003, 01:04 AM
I've seen that rushing through the game can get you some of the better rares. My first character was PURPLENUM, and on her first run through Hard Temple, she nabbed that Love Rappy's Twin Psychogun. What a find... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif ^-^

Igeryu
Jun 14, 2003, 02:02 AM
When I got my level 65 HUnewearl to ULt offline, I found a whole lotta rares, but now, i don't, so i think it has something to do with the LOWER the level, since the lower the level the better your character must be in order to withstand the difficulty, since the same exact thing happened when i got my HUmar and FOnewm to ult offline.....

Ryogalost
Jun 14, 2003, 08:28 AM
I don';t know i tend to find more rares when I overpower an enemy. From my Experience I've seen the higher the Level and the lower the stage diffaculty the better chance to find rares. though maybe not the better ones.

rena-ko
Jun 14, 2003, 09:46 AM
something that maybe could prove your theory - i had the habit to transfer all photon drops to a banker chara. and only thing i found was actually photon drops. then i transfered them back to my that time main chara and voila, i found v2-rares suddenly.
(maybe it was because i hit lvl 130 that time, or maybe also because i played more than 400 hours on that chara... dunno)

but...
actually, thats normal luck: you always have the same luck as everyone else if you look at the findings over a long period of time.

th0rnz
Jun 14, 2003, 11:33 AM
This theory is almost %99 not gonna work...you just had a completely random luck spurt, rares are random in this game, the only theory that could stand up is the beat time theory..

Nice trying to find more though dude http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Foxx-
Jun 14, 2003, 12:20 PM
only reason the beat time theory might work is dependant on how the game gets its random numbers.

if it goes by the system clock, then it might seem to tie in to beats. if it goes by the beat clock, then it would show it in times.

rare-finding is kinda cyclic. sometimes you'll find lots, sometimes none. just random numbers lining up correctly at about the same time.

Cube12
Jun 15, 2003, 02:25 AM
Ok...I have a completely random theory to post here...
What if There's a ceratin...meter, for the lack of better terms, which fills up everytime you kill a certain enemy, and when that "meter" reaches 100%, you're given a rare...?
*Um...I like your theory(to the original poster) so I'll try it later today...*
^_^

Watt_4
Jun 15, 2003, 01:53 PM
I like that rare theory, because when I first started GC PSO I found alot of rare enemies/items now I find nothing but when I started my new force suddenly stuff appeared again. There may be something to this theory. I don't usually remember to test these things and my bank has 100% rares in it. I'll probably test it and exclaim my results after everyone knows already lol.

Soukosa
Jun 15, 2003, 02:42 PM
If this theory is true, then I would have seen a noticable increase in the number of rares I got when I moved all of my 9 stars to a storage character, but that didn't happen. Also, my Redria should be finding a fair amount of rares too, since she doesn't really have any yet, but she doesn't.