PDA

View Full Version : Can duping be a good thing?

TeRRaFLaMe
Jun 13, 2003, 09:13 PM
Can duping be a good thing?

Mizu
Jun 13, 2003, 10:23 PM
I voted for yes, because you're only asking if it has anything positive to it, not negative.

Jack
Jun 14, 2003, 05:51 AM
It can be a good thing. I've duplicated my best stuff and am keeping them on another memory card as backups.

Zuna
Jun 14, 2003, 09:06 AM
yes, if think of good points, as a back up of items, when friends got corrupted, when ppl got fsod and lost their unequipped items...there are good points

Lman90245
Jun 15, 2003, 12:27 AM
With every PRO there is a CON

Duping can actually degrade the value of the game itself because these "rares" are ment to be found and traded not given to 100+ other people and once everyone has everything the trade feature will no longer be of use and you the consumer will be paying an online fee and the other 1/4 of the games value which was searching for rares will have no meaning unless the rare has better %'s assuming its a weapon. but then that will be mass dupped and it keeps going in an endless circle and sonic team might have to ban certain items for awhile and everyone with that item will be warned a couple times and if its not out of there invintory after awhile they might face ban.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lman90245 on 2003-06-14 22:35 ]</font>

Warrior
Jun 15, 2003, 12:43 PM
Duping can be a good thing do to the fact if you lose all your items and things more than likely dupers are the one's that are there to help you get back on your feet. Also if you need items that they dupe more than likely they will give. So I vote that it's a good thing. Also you you're new in the game and just starting they can help people out. So that's why I have choosen duping can be a good thing

Watt_4
Jun 15, 2003, 01:38 PM
Yes if you just corrupted for the umteenth time it is so helpful to be able to get a quick restart. FSOD is not so much a problem if you make backups of your main stuff.