PDA

View Full Version : Newman question

Spellbinder
Jun 13, 2003, 11:48 PM
I'm going to create a FOnewearl pretty soon and I juse realized that newman type characters have natural TP regeneration. The only question is, just how good is it?

Trickstr
Jun 13, 2003, 11:55 PM
it's all right. It gets better as the level increases.

Spellbinder
Jun 14, 2003, 12:05 AM
If I were around level 100, how good would it be?

Orange_Coconut
Jun 14, 2003, 12:13 AM
I think level 100 is when it start to recover 1 per second, if not then it might be when it's 3 per second. (Or atleast that's what it seems like to me).

Ranger_Larry
Jun 14, 2003, 12:19 AM
Actually it's not good. It only regenerates while you are standing still!! How often do you do that in the game?

Spellbinder
Jun 14, 2003, 01:39 AM
Any other comments on this? I know there can't be only 3 Newman characters out of all of PSO-World http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Rhete
Jun 14, 2003, 02:50 AM
TP regen is terrible, I dont feel like standing for 10 minutes for my TP to regen. I actually timed it, this was at lvl 134 on my FOnewearl

Monomate
Jun 14, 2003, 08:00 PM
its as good as the android HP regen. but yeah, i agree with the people who say it takes too long to stand around. i'd rather just use a fluid. (although waiting for just like...Resta, or Ryuker is not long at all)

MadCowChuck_
Jun 14, 2003, 08:03 PM
All TP-regen is typically used for is to stand in an open room for a few seconds in order to cast ryuker. Considering how good it is: That's...about...it.

Soukosa
Jun 14, 2003, 08:05 PM
It's not too great, as other people say, but if you're low on health and/or out of fluids while in trapped in area, you can easily regenerate enough to use Ryuker fairly quickly.

Manny
Jun 15, 2003, 12:51 AM
It's much faster to kill random enemies, wait for a shield or two, and sell the shield(s) for 3600 meseta. The cost of a trifluid.

Benoit
Jun 15, 2003, 05:23 AM
It's great. At the first levels, it's 1 TP per three seconds, but as your level goes up, it goes faster. I have a LV 10 HUnewearl and she gains 1 TP per 2 seconds. Yes, it only works when you stand still, but so what? Can't you have a little patience? It's fun, really. Most of the time I will wait some time to be able to cast Resta. If you have enough patience, you'll enjoy it.

rena-ko
Jun 15, 2003, 05:41 AM
online is where it really kicks in - and right, i miss it on my ramarl (as i'll miss it on my fomarl) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif if you stand still to feed your mag or want to type a mail or little message and TP regen kicks in at level 145 its really nice to see it crawling up.

on the other side - compared to a hunewearl, a fonewearl has a naturally way larger amount of TP. dont depend on the regen to fill up your TP again, but its a nice gimick (not worth the 100 materials sacrifice, but well http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif).

Nocturne
Jun 15, 2003, 09:32 AM
It's good for pulling a few last second spells, waiting for reverser etc. It's pretty useful.

Why is it terrible, would you rather not have it? It's just a plus to being a newman.

Reenee
Jun 15, 2003, 10:30 AM
On 2003-06-13 22:19, Ranger_Larry wrote:
Actually it's not good. It only regenerates while you are standing still!! How often do you do that in the game?

Running in and out of rooms in VR Temple with my HUcaseal. An extra 5 HP doesn't hurt.

Or, just standing still to recover HP/TP to fully restore it.

Benoit
Jun 15, 2003, 02:22 PM
Yes, I can imagine that online it kicks ass. Suppose that you're talking to someone for a moment, and when you look back at your TP...
"Wow, I got a large chunck of extra TP! Woohoo!"
It's strategy, baby.

sysreq
Jun 15, 2003, 02:30 PM
on xbox you have a headset, and for urgent msgs you have them shortcutted, i only found it useful for when i had to go to the bathroom or grab some grub.

Logical2u
Jun 15, 2003, 02:35 PM
I'm not sure of the exact equation but...

I think that...
1. Newman TP and Android Hp regen is the same equation.
2. Both depend on level for the equation E x L = TP per minute or something.
But
3. BOth only work when standing still. For rangers and forces this is quite simple, since you stand still for Techs and Guns.

Rhete
Jun 15, 2003, 03:18 PM
On 2003-06-15 12:35, Logical2u wrote:
I'm not sure of the exact equation but...

I think that...
1. Newman TP and Android Hp regen is the same equation.
2. Both depend on level for the equation E x L = TP per minute or something.

Its not the same equation, level matters in both but HP regen is a lot faster

3. BOth only work when standing still. For rangers and forces this is quite simple, since you stand still for Techs and Guns.

It's standing still and not doing anything, so for android rangers you might get 1 hp between your combos, thats it.