PDA

View Full Version : Whoa! Dark Falz on normal is tough!!

CoLDSTeeL
Jun 14, 2003, 07:27 AM
Hi, newbie here and I am a level 25 HUnewearl and I just got owned by Dark Falz!! I guess its because I have pretty low resistance to his magic attacks...uhhgg...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Raziel_Kai
Jun 14, 2003, 07:40 AM
Dark Falz on Normal isn't so tough. Just make sure you bring a good complete supply of 'mates, and if you use techs a lot, some 'fluids as well.
Bringing a scape doll or two just in case will help you out to gauge his strength.
Also, keep in mind to have a long range weapon for the third form (the first being all those spinning little things) and if you can, equip something to boost your HP (General/HP) or resistance to Ice, so you won't be easily frozen.
As a side note, just make sure you have at least 121 HPs to survive his purple rain shit of doom, if you're playing offline.
You can also go with a bunch of mates, drop them in front of Falz and die on purpose a few times, that way when you are finally going to beat him, just attack him as normal, if you run out of healing, grab one of the mates you left behind before, and so on.
Hope it helps and good hunting!

rena-ko
Jun 14, 2003, 07:56 AM
get yourself a good gun with dark percentages, or a very good melee weapon (since on hard you always go into melee with falz), try techs as well - the spinning darvants are weak to barta, first form is weak to zonde, second one to barta (and for hard mode and up: third form is weak to foie).

most important part is an high enough HP and resistance to ice. dont waste TP into resta, since mono-/dimates are quicker and you can use the TP for attacks.

good luck ^_^

Benoit
Jun 14, 2003, 08:41 AM
I've beaten Dark Force at LV 24 with my HUmar. Easy.
Remember to NOT equip one of those shields that only protect well against one elemental, just a normal one with resistance to all. Equip a unit that has resistance to ice. And since HUnewearl doesn't have as much HP as HUmar, may I suggest a unit against dark attacks as well? It took only 100 and so HP off me, as well as his fire and ice attacks. Using Resta after every attack is recommended and cheaper. Don't go with mates. You can heal quick enough with Resta to get the job done. Only use a mate if you really need healing in a split second. Now for the guide:

-First form. Hit the Darvants with one hit, or maybe a two-hit combo. Don't use use three-hit combos. It's best to aim well with a saber and do one hit at a time, though. The second hit in a combo usually is too far to hit.
-Second form. When it spits out Darvants, hit him with your saber as much and as hard as you can. When it's done spitting, use Rabarta to kill the Darvants around you. Then, heal after the attacks, and swirl your stick from left to right as quickly as you can when frozen. Look out to not get behind his butt when he moves. If you see a Darvant nearby, try to hit and kill it. Repeat this process until he goes to his third form.
-Third form. Now is the time to go crazy on him. Hit him with everything you got, melee-wise. When he casts a Technique, though, prepare to heal quickly or to get out of the ice. When he uses his dark rain attack, run for your life, or just take it and heal. When he moves, follow him and continue to beat him up. He'll use an earthquake attack sometimes that slows you down. There's nothing you can do about that, except with a Sol Atomizer. But it's not worth it. If he sucks HP from you, just heal.

Now go get him, Hunter! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Neoluke12
Jun 14, 2003, 12:16 PM
Do you think a lv 51 fomar with really good techniqes be able to beat dark falz on hard

rena-ko
Jun 14, 2003, 12:29 PM
if you boost basic techs and equip all HP slot items you have, then its easy.
for a force that can do the area quite fine, the area's boss part is usually the easiest part. so i wouldnt really worry.

Rudoku
Jun 14, 2003, 12:37 PM
On 2003-06-14 10:16, Neoluke12 wrote:
Do you think a lv 51 fomar with really good techniqes be able to beat dark falz on hard

Hah! You probably could do it at level 40. Now a Hucaseal with no special attacks...

SubstanceD
Jun 14, 2003, 05:18 PM
When using my Hucaseal the only real threat that Normal Falz posed was his ice attack that always freezed me solid. Most of the time when he/she/it used this attcak I was fortunate that it only took off 95% of my HP and that I was able to unfreeze myself and restore my HP with either a diamate or a trimate however on one occasion his freeze attack completly killed me out right and I was thankfull that I had a scapedoll ( actually 3 but I only used the one ) on me. He also likes to follow up the freeze attack with another one that does major damage ( sorry I don't know the name since spells arn't my strong point ) while you are still frozen so beware.

LollipopLolita
Jun 14, 2003, 05:28 PM
checking the boss guide

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=948

always helps. and seeing his atp (his attacks) on every level, to see if you have the required hp to survive them

MAGusZ87
Jun 14, 2003, 05:35 PM
i beat dark falz at lv 50 w/ my FOmar on hard then lved up to 51 after i killed him then i killed him on VHard at lv 68 then lved to 69 after i killed him and my HUcaseal killed him at lv 21 and lved up to 22 on normal the only times he was hard was w/ my FOmar at normal(lv 28) and hard(lv50) then after that my FOmar easliy beat him on VHard just make sure w/ FOmar u should:

darvants-> a simple barta or diska weapon(rare)

1st form-> soul eater/diska(helps w/ the darvants)Dark Falz is weak against Zonde but the darvants get in the way and are nearly immune to it

2nd form-> barta or heavy dmg single enemy weapon

3rd form-> foie w/ a club of laconium

Nai_Calus
Jun 14, 2003, 06:15 PM

If you had enough HP units/scape dolls/the insanity to do so, you could beat VHard Falz at L51. My FOmar got him at L52, with his only problems being his inability to survive the swipe... ^^; Oh well, I only used four scapes and didn't run out of Trifluids that way. >_>;;;

Normal Falz is pie. Kill a Darvant or two. Shoot the first form. Shoot the second form. Kill the boxes. Sleep through the credits. Get pecked to death by a Rappy on your first trip to Hard. XD And it's 131 HP you need offline, not 121. His purple crap o' pain does exactly 130 damage. This is amusing with a RAmarl who has exactly 131 HP. That Sato she uses was kept nice and busy. ^^;

Hard/VHard/Presumably Ult Falz is easiest with a Force, though, or at least a fleshbag... Barta/Rabarta for the darvants, Gizonde for the first form, Barta for the second form, Foie for the third form. I say Gizonde because while it still won't damage the Darvants and you'll need to Rabarta them if they get to thick, the Gizonde will chain off them and still hit Falz. Falz is boring. Go fight Olga. =)

Monomate
Jun 14, 2003, 06:26 PM
if you think he's hard on normal...just wait till you get to Very Hard...(i thought he was cake on normal and hard, then got totally mauled by him on Very Hard...4 scape dolls http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif) i beat him using an assault on his first form, and a lockgun in his second. and plenty of dimates and difluids (for resta)

Eumcoz
Jun 14, 2003, 06:49 PM

god i hope so, i beat Vhard falz at like 49...i didn't even have that many good techs, and his hardest form was the first one with the spinny things(lol died twice cause i didn't move)

Dime
Jun 15, 2003, 02:20 AM
In regards to thread name...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHA...

hehe...

Nocturne
Jun 15, 2003, 09:26 AM
You should be able to, just get a scape doll or two. Yesterday I beat him on normal with a level 22 FOnewm by pure luck. He's not that hard at all, just learn how he moves etc. and he's dead in 5-10 minutes.

Benoit
Jun 15, 2003, 02:35 PM
Why would knowing the ATP help determining your HP requirement? I don't see how that has to do with it.

Kaldor-the-Monkey
Jun 15, 2003, 03:01 PM
What are you on about Normal Falz is easy. I beat him at lv.22. Though I did have stag cuttlery and Diwari at 200, hmm maybe why he was so easy...... Even without those I could beat him, muhahahahha

Kaldor-the-Monkey
Jun 15, 2003, 03:03 PM
What are you on about Normal Falz is easy. I beat him at lv.22. Though I did have stag cuttlery and Diwari at 200, hmm maybe why he was so easy...... Even without those I could beat him, muhahahahha

Kaldor-the-Monkey
Jun 15, 2003, 03:10 PM
I'm really sorry mods my Pcs acting up and I can't delete my posts, and it posts them twice as well, sorry

CoLDSTeeL
Jun 15, 2003, 03:28 PM
Hmmm...Guess I'll try to bring a gun with me then, everytime I get hit by that ice attack, I freeze and then with less than 40Hp left I get hit with another attack.

Delsaber
Jun 15, 2003, 07:38 PM
To get out of ice, you move the joystick from left to right as fast as possible. Don't break the joystick. Just have alot of HP, use Dragon HPs. I had to used 3 Dragon HPs and 1 General HP to take Very Hard Falz down at level 42. But he was easy as pie... His grants only took me from 402 to 125 HP. I foie'd him down quickly, less than 5 mintues for his last form. Just have those Dragon/God HPs and Resist/Holy and you are set... Good luck with Vhard and Ultimate Falz.

Ghaleon
Jun 15, 2003, 11:25 PM
oh and he's so much easier in ult though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif lol

DarkShinjaru
Jun 16, 2003, 03:25 AM
Well, first off, you're lvl 25. Some suggest having dragon hp's, but if ya didnt have any hand-me-downs, Dragon HP's are hard to come by.

Just uh, carry a scape or two. Usually if you stand on a side of falz, the rabarta wave wont hit you. Sometimes he's lucky enough to catch you in between 2 Rabartas, and that's what kills you in 1 hit. I just kicked him in the crotch with my God Hand a few times and he died, but that was on vhard lol.

Night_Star
Jun 16, 2003, 03:29 AM
lvl 25????
i can beat him at lvl 19!!!
any with a legit mag!!!!
with almost any characer!!!
you guys are newbs

DarkShinjaru
Jun 16, 2003, 03:34 AM
Everyone was new starting off, and hearing people being called "newbs" has lost all meaning already. It's about as overused as the word "Gay". I'm so sure you could kill falz at lvl 9 with a legit mag too lol. Maybe with 4 hp units. I doubt any lvl 9 has enough hp to withstand his attacks, Barely enough to kill De Rol Le. lvl 19, sure. Lvl 9, nein.

Night_Star
Jun 16, 2003, 03:38 AM
i know...
but how many people have been playing PSO as long me?
so i know all the strategies and everything.
who can say all the traps in every map variation for all of the areas in eps 1?
what about where the monsters apear, and what they will be?

Rahn
Jun 16, 2003, 05:21 AM
Falz is a piece of piss. I'm currently trying to duff him in on V.Hard. If I got up to him, I could probably wipe the floor with him, it's just going through the ruins that I can't be bothered to do. You should go try Olga Flow, that guy gives a worthwhile fight. And if you make it through the seabed you deserve to beat him. Even my level 79 RAmar has problems going through tha on Hard!

http://www.angelfire.com/clone/child0/rahn.jpg

CoLDSTeeL
Jun 17, 2003, 02:48 AM
Ok ok, I was lvl 27 today when I kicked his butt!! For some reason, he didn't freeze me this time and it was much easier for some reason(I doubt its the two extra lvls) but now I am in Hard mode and I get to use my Booma's claws(good strength but slow attack)/

DarkShinjaru
Jun 17, 2003, 03:15 AM
i know...
but how many people have been playing PSO as long me?
so i know all the strategies and everything.
who can say all the traps in every map variation for all of the areas in eps 1?
what about where the monsters apear, and what they will be?

o_O I'm quite sure I've played PSO as long, or longer than ye. I know a lotttttt about PSO, probably a few things I cant tell you are enemy effects when they hit you..I'm a HUcast so not many effects happen to me lol. The only game I've played longer than PSO is Starcraft.

As for me joining this site, I forgot my original Shinjaru pass lol, or what e-mail I used for it ~_~

Shinjaru
Jun 17, 2003, 03:34 AM
LoL, after writing that post I was determined to get my account back, so I did ^_^ and I got my RAmar ava too. First char I ever made @_@. I have been playing longer than Night_Star, weeee O_O I'm all knowing.