PDA

View Full Version : Beware the FSOD

Wing0
Mar 13, 2001, 10:56 PM
I don't know if anyone else has encountered this but it is terrible. It is MUCH worse than the BSOD. The Frozen Screen Of Death claimed me as a victim last night. It puts a dark tint over everything and the game freezes. You cannot recover from it. I lost all my items and some very good rare weapons to this. all I can say is this is terrible. BEWARE!!!!!

paulmck
Mar 14, 2001, 12:28 AM
This happened to me also. I think that it only happens when a player is Player Hitting and you use any type of transporter at the same time. If anyone find that this isn't the case the information would be useful.

Stinger
Mar 14, 2001, 12:29 AM
hehe yeah! I had it 6 times with the Japanese version of the game, now i have started new with pal in the hope it gets better.We will see.
And i get whenn i go in or out a Transporter.
and the last time my friend goes with me in the Transporter and we both had that damn Freez!!!!

Sting - Join me in death;
Member of the (G) W?rd Connection

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Stinger on 2001-03-13 21:31 ]</font>

Glider
Mar 14, 2001, 12:37 AM
I got it too. I call it the Load Screen of Death. I don't belive the player killing thing since I was with all Americans and it was before the US PK was posted here. When I used the TP, I was typing and might have sent a message right when I went it. The game complety locks up, even the disk stops spinning. Luckly, I only lost my un equiped stuff. I did lose a S-beats and Last Survivor(with the greatest % the world has seen) thougth.