PDA

View Full Version : Bringing a character to the UK

VanHeusden
Jun 14, 2003, 07:14 PM
I am moving to England from the United States in January. I am curious if anybody knows if it is possible for me to use the memory card holding my character information from the US version of PSO and have it work with the UK version of PSO. This would be desired since I have invested an incredible amount of time into my 3 characters! I was wondering if anybody has tried this or knows if it can be done. Cheers!

Muku6
Jun 14, 2003, 08:55 PM
I can't see why not. The game is the same. It's not like the game is saved on itself, although if you get online you'll have to change your internet connection info on it. But as it stands I don't see why you can't transfer them. If I'm wrong, may someone stand up and correct me.

Rich_T
Jun 15, 2003, 03:07 AM
Tee serial numbers and access keys used in PSO are region specific so as far as i know a US save file will not be recognised by an EU game.
your best plan of action is to take your (US NTSC) gamecube with you.
to run it in the UK you wil need a power adaptor, as the UK mains voltage is 240v AC compared to the US voltage of 110V, and you may need a specail output lead ( Modified RGB) as S-video is not that comon in the UK, and the US gamecube doesnt support RGB SCART.

Benoit
Jun 15, 2003, 04:53 AM
Roger that, just 'import' your GameCube.

VanHeusden
Jun 15, 2003, 07:01 AM
I will definitely look into importing, which will save me from having to buy a new GameCube too. Thanks!

Muku6
Jun 15, 2003, 07:06 PM
Well, thats what I would assume you would do anyway. It saves money in long run. Would be kind of pointless to get rid of a perfectly fine running 'Cube just to buy one for over there

Rich_T
Jun 16, 2003, 12:35 PM
as for getting hold of import US games, try http://www.videogameimports.com theres also a helpful forum on there, wher ethey can advise you on running a US cube in the UK, ( voltage differences, NSC/PAL compatability and suitable cables)