PDA

View Full Version : XBox, playing,roleplaying,cool

SuperCowMan
Jun 14, 2003, 09:32 PM
well
I was just curious.
People on the XBox.
This is a Role-Playing Game.
Does anyone actually roleplay? taking the time to create a character... background... etc... stick to a weapon type not for its power, or because it is the latest on the market, but because thats the type of weapon your character uses?

Or does everyone really not care, and just want to get to ultimate and find their own J-Sword and l33tly PWN all teh unl33t Dark Falz/Olga FLow!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SuperCowMan on 2003-06-16 10:04 ]</font>

SuperCowMan
Jun 17, 2003, 07:54 PM
I'll take that as a no.

Z3L
Jun 18, 2003, 02:56 AM
I do, it's more fun that way. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kaahtt
Jun 18, 2003, 08:36 AM
um... heh
I roleplay with friends and sometimes with some random people I meet... its fun! You see, I run in there and I take my usual gaurdian position, shooting things and healing people and filling in for the lack of force... and I speak in character and everything!
With my female force, I voice mask and such, however, I rarely play with random people with her... too many people think I AM a chick and its a mind trip when I take the mask off
and when I'm playing as my android, I mask for a nice robotic voice and I say random things like "Beep! DESTROY!! Beep!" or "KILL!!" or even "CAUTION TRAPS AHEAD!" and we can not forget "ARMOR REACHING DANGEROUS LEVELS, REQUESTING RESTA"
yup... its fun!

Solstis
Jun 18, 2003, 10:38 AM
I roleplayed to an extent, like changing my HUmar's costume after killing Olga Flow http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. Someone should make a Dark Jedi char. and wield a Pallash (the red colored saber, I think) with Awesome authority! And only use zonde spells. FEAR THE DARK SIDE!!!!

shadgenki
Jun 19, 2003, 11:47 AM
I used to, but I goof around too much. Playing drunk is too damn fun.

Morbid-cLown
Jun 22, 2003, 06:02 AM
Oo I shun away from rping. It would be hard to rp with some people on psox. That whole RAmarl with a 20 year old guys voice, kinda puts it off. But i would rp if i could get with a group that did rp. Only Departments (clans) that i was in, in ao, were strickt rp departments.

Shinnosuke
Jun 22, 2003, 05:40 PM
I sorta tailor my characters' weapons, costumes, chat shortcuts and all to what I evision their personality as...the only problem is that...the one time I had to play without voice (nepwhew was sleep), everyone kept hitting on me! Sure...my HUnewearls and HUcaseals are lovely but...uh...I'm a guy. Even so, I usually let them get away with it and joke around until they say something weird or disgusting...like comparing that floating stuff in Ruins 3 to sperm. Ugh...

So, yep. With the voice on, I'm comic relief...with it off, I RP...to an extent. (Still joke around a lot, though...)

Deltina_Wildfire
Jun 22, 2003, 10:24 PM
Yeah, I roleplay on PSO. I actually went so far as to create a whole persona and history for my character (god I have too much time on my hands)

Too bad I'm a guy playing a female... yeah... that sucks. Sure I play with a voice mask and all that, but people can tell. You have to be a friggin' moron if you couldn't tell.

I just wish more people would roleplay on here. I think it would make the game better, and I would feel less uncomfortable.

Morbid-cLown
Jun 23, 2003, 02:22 AM
Why dont we form a rp group then?

Post are characters backgrounds and info. Stuff like that =)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Morbid-cLown on 2003-06-23 00:24 ]</font>

Lazrius
Jun 23, 2003, 10:44 PM
That might be interesting, if any of you get together to do that or something let me know ( or post on here etc).

DB3
Jun 24, 2003, 12:38 AM
i am DB i only use Db gear i got better but i seldom use it, its jus me i hate bein like every1 every1 wit the j-swords n shit gets borin as hell

Z3L
Jun 24, 2003, 05:27 AM
On 2003-06-23 00:22, Morbid-cLown wrote:
Why dont we form a rp group then?

Post are characters backgrounds and info. Stuff like that =)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Morbid-cLown on 2003-06-23 00:24 ]</font>

ooh, an rp group, if its on xbox, then count me in!

Deltina_Wildfire
Jun 24, 2003, 11:16 AM
Yeah. Hey, I'll be into that. I only go online with my Xbox anymore, so I'll play if it's on the box of X.

Morbid-cLown
Jun 24, 2003, 11:58 AM
Well, since we have a group (sorta) now, guess we should exchange times to play with one another and form some rules, i believe the normal rp rule of speaking in the present time line is a givin. Should we do this just as a forum based group or a clan like group... not really a clan.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Morbid-cLown on 2003-06-24 10:01 ]</font>

HaLLa
Jun 24, 2003, 06:03 PM
you should start a Roleplaying clan. Im on GC but I think that would be cool. I am really losing interest in this game and need something to draw me back in

Z3L
Jun 24, 2003, 08:51 PM
On 2003-06-24 09:58, Morbid-cLown wrote:
Well, since we have a group (sorta) now, guess we should exchange times to play with one another and form some rules, i believe the normal rp rule of speaking in the present time line is a givin. Should we do this just as a forum based group or a clan like group... not really a clan.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Morbid-cLown on 2003-06-24 10:01 ]</font>

Ok, so what time/ship/block? I'm usually on around 12am in Celestine Block 1. Oh, and I just added a quick char bio, its in my profile, but the quotation marks were replaced by question mark. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Deltina_Wildfire
Jun 24, 2003, 10:04 PM
I play in Celestite block 13 alot, and also around midnight (or 215 beats for me). My bio is also now in my profile, if I may steal something from Z3L...

SuperCowMan
Jun 25, 2003, 07:05 PM
Only problem with roleplaying is trying to decide how to do my character...

I play a lot of D&D, that sort of thing, so I have been experimenting with recreating my characters from there... because I spent so much ^$@% time on them!

1. Zecharaiah Phoenix. In D&D: Elven/Demon fighter, dual weilds swords. Long green hair, chainmail, green/black armor thing... In PSO: I was thinking of making him a HUmar, and giving him Musashis, or something like that... but I just can't seem to get the look right...
2. Celeste. In D&D: Dark Elven fighter. Meh... female... kinda can't do that without most people thinking me really weird... (no offense Deltina!)
3. Verdai. In D&D: Human Fallen Paladin. Long black hair, tall...(Was kicked out of the paladin order because he wasn't strictly law-abiding and good http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif But he's close.) This one is tricky... chain mail with plates, sword/shield combo, sheilds don't show up in PSO.... Or do some? What shields actually show up?
4. Lokdar. In D&D: Gnome Sorcerer. Heck yes! I will probably end up doing him, making him a fonewm or FOmar and making him REALLY REALLY Short... only problem he is insane... now how would i roleplay that? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
5. Aktankin. In D&D: Half-Elven Arcane Archer. I was thinking RAmar... for the spell/ranged combo, but once again the appearance is a little tough...

ok wow, that was a long post... and I dunno why I posted it... anyway what I'm saying is that... erm... well getting the character to look right is just about as important as the character's backstory... appearance tells a lot about character... (hehe, fangs! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif heha!)

So until I figure out how to make them look right I might be a while!

EliteDragoon
Jun 25, 2003, 07:15 PM
my chars all use one 1 weapon and all the other ones are put up to sell or trade

EG Hitokiri lvl 103 weapon j-sword
Eg Yamargui lvl 6 weapon Oroagtio

Z3L
Jun 25, 2003, 08:58 PM
On 2003-06-24 20:04, Deltina_Wildfire wrote:
I play in Celestite block 13 alot, and also around midnight (or 215 beats for me). My bio is also now in my profile, if I may steal something from Z3L...

So how 'bout we RP in Celestite block 13, that's where I'll be from now on. If anyone wants to form a party, I'll be on tonight (around 200 beats).

Morbid-cLown
Jun 29, 2003, 07:22 AM
Bump:

=) I havent contacted any of you to rp with you guys yet becouse im working on a character to rp with. It would be difficult for me to rp with a name like Salsa Shark <shrugs>

SuperCowMan
Jun 29, 2003, 05:09 PM
I just made Lokdar... for rp purposes.

Now I question, how would we pull this off... going through the game? You know? Doing the quests and stuff. Would we follow the story hooks at such (not many) that the game provides, (of course that would be going through the game much slower... but who cares!) Or perhaps do a bit of what people do in fanfics, use what is already in the game to warp, or add in, or create new, stories and such of our own making, then that questions how we would do moderation... or would we need one?

Or am I just reading too much into my own idea... and we should just play, roleplay, have fun!

Morbid-cLown
Jul 1, 2003, 01:24 PM
Im not sure, but this would be much esier if pso was an totaly open mmorpg. But im guessing just messing around and speaking in rp terms. it would take alot of time for us to form up storys to play with.

SuperCowMan
Jul 1, 2003, 02:18 PM
That is sort of a valid point. Speaking of MMOs, do any of you here play one? Or some other online game? Hey... maybe like NWN... thats a good roleplaying game.. with a nice editor too..

Morbid-cLown
Jul 9, 2003, 11:31 AM
Well this thread sorta died.

on mmo's, I used to play Anarchy Online. I had a 146 Doctor, a 61 Bureaucrat, and a 54 Trader.

DarkSerge27
Jul 10, 2003, 02:50 PM
I think we should RP as a clan. Maybe we can always meet at a certain block or something. I always go to Apatite 9. Its a good spot; hardly anyone goes in there.

GunSniper01
Jul 11, 2003, 12:44 AM
yo guys I would luv to rp with u guys... Ill go to celestite 13 or whatever was posted before