PDA

View Full Version : Most recommended Section ID for Rangers?

CoLDSTeeL
Jun 14, 2003, 11:45 PM
well as the thread states, which section I.D. would be the best for Rangers? Which one will find the best rare item for this class?

Stalfos333
Jun 14, 2003, 11:51 PM
Any ID that finds a Frozen Shooter and a Spread Needle is absolutely ideal for a Ranger. With those two, you're pretty much set for both offline and online play.

Blue-Hawk
Jun 15, 2003, 12:58 AM
go for either greenil or viridia, but stay as far away from purplenum as you can.

silvermax
Jun 15, 2003, 02:55 AM
you could go pinkal, but thats just silly

Logical2u
Jun 15, 2003, 01:38 PM
Anything but Redria. If you are a ranger, you shouldn't need Swords, Canes and Handguns and good armor. Ok, maybe good armor. (3 Valiant Frames in one night, WHOO! Wow! I cant even use them!)

Soukosa
Jun 15, 2003, 02:35 PM
On 2003-06-15 11:38, Logical2u wrote:
Anything but Redria. If you are a ranger, you shouldn't need Swords, Canes and Handguns and good armor. Ok, maybe good armor. (3 Valiant Frames in one night, WHOO! Wow! I cant even use them!)

All ID's find sabers, canes, and handguns in abundance and Skyly is the main one for swords. I had a Redria RA once and I was just fine with it, considering that the 2 most common weapons Redria finds are Shotguns and Slicers.

Richard
Jun 15, 2003, 03:23 PM
On 2003-06-14 21:51, Stalfos333 wrote:
Any ID that finds a Frozen Shooter and a Spread Needle is absolutely ideal for a Ranger.

That pretty much limits it to GREENNILL and PURPLENUM. Those are the only two IDs that find both.

lordinviso
Jun 15, 2003, 04:08 PM
I would go with Whitill. But only choose this ID if you are hell bent at working your butt off to getting both Handgun Guld and Handgun Milla to make Guld Milla.

Elusive_Llama
Jun 15, 2003, 04:23 PM
I'd go with Purplenum, it finds Spread Needle and Frozen Shooter as well as a plethora of mechguns, which is Rangers' staple weapons for doing big damage.

Blue-Hawk
Jun 15, 2003, 10:58 PM
On 2003-06-15 14:23, Elusive_Llama wrote:
I'd go with Purplenum, it finds Spread Needle and Frozen Shooter as well as a plethora of mechguns, which is Rangers' staple weapons for doing big damage.

only if you dont plan on actually finding rares. go for greenil. it also gets the needle and shooter.

Elusive_Llama
Jun 16, 2003, 12:44 AM
One can always hope, right? lol!

Mechashadow
Jun 16, 2003, 01:03 AM
I would go with Whitill.

I agree. I got a Whittil ranger and I'm happy with it. You find just about every type of weapon and armor, so you can customize ur ranger to suit your taste.

Besides, Whittil is the only ID that can find both Guld and Milla.
(check out the item findings and look at the drop frequencies to see which ID fits ur style of play best)

Richard
Jun 16, 2003, 01:14 AM
If you're creating a WHITILL -just- to get GULD MILLA, you might as well give up now.

Each separate Handgun is extremely rare, I would even say HANDGUN:GULD is the rarest rare in the game.

Besides, GULD MILLA is over-rated. Unless you manage to find either Handgun with a Hit percentage (0.0001% chance), you're better off using Charge Vulcans. Charge Vulcans with Hit will easily do more damage.

I'm not saying a WHITILL Ranger is a bad choice, I'm just saying a WHITILL Ranger who thinks he's gonna make GULD MILLA is gonna have his heart broken when he does 300+ Heat Sword runs and comes out empty handed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Richard on 2003-06-15 23:15 ]</font>

Mechashadow
Jun 16, 2003, 02:18 AM
If you're creating a WHITILL -just- to get GULD MILLA, you might as well give up now.

Each separate Handgun is extremely rare, I would even say HANDGUN:GULD is the rarest rare in the game.

Besides, GULD MILLA is over-rated. Unless you manage to find either Handgun with a Hit percentage (0.0001% chance), you're better off using Charge Vulcans. Charge Vulcans with Hit will easily do more damage.

I'm not saying a WHITILL Ranger is a bad choice, I'm just saying a WHITILL Ranger who thinks he's gonna make GULD MILLA is gonna have his heart broken when he does 300+ Heat Sword runs and comes out empty handed.

I realize that. I totally agree.

I was just stating the Guid Milla thing to Coldsteel in case he/she wanted to put that into consideration.

Orange_Coconut
Jun 16, 2003, 02:29 AM
Here's the thing, you need to know what they get before actually judging. Don't forget to look at the rarity of the items you think you want. The Whitill, as mentioned earlier, might be a bit extreme since Guld and Milla are seperate findings and are both extremely rare.

Here's a link to the Item Findings Database. It'll help you choose what you think is best. Also don't forget to see how common certain items are. (Example: Greenill gets LOTS of Justys, Purplenum gets LOTS of L&K and so on).

Just click on the IDs and check out which ones get what on certain difficulties.

http://www.pso-world.com/item_findings.php

Duder_Cooter
Jun 16, 2003, 05:54 AM
I think it depends on which ranger you select. I mean you don't want a redria for your RAcast and you certainly don't want pinkal for your RAmar. Remember, you can trade your weapons for weapons not in your section id findings.

Vanango
Jun 25, 2003, 01:48 AM
my suggestion is purplenum. Find tons of mechguns and good % are in high demand -- so even if you don't find something you want to use you can trade it.

Good luck

tennis_guy
Jun 25, 2003, 02:11 AM
I'm a GREENNILL RAmar, and I'm pretty happy, although VIRIDIA would work well, and WHITILL is good also. But I'd go with GREENNILL or VIRIDIA

Eyce
Jun 25, 2003, 02:45 AM
My Ranger is a Redria, I find plenty of guns.. But Purplenum is good to..