PDA

View Full Version : Dumb newbie question

Avarice
Jun 15, 2003, 03:40 AM
Just to start off with, I'm new here, this is my first post.

I have two simple questions, one about this forum, and the other is about the game.

1. Is a level 101 FOmar considerd a newbie around here? I just want to know ahead of time, becase I've been to places where everyone under lvl 145 gets newbie bashed.

2. What the hell do photon boosters do? I have 5 in my bank, I got them in a trade from a rather desperate hunter, I didn't know what they did at the time.....I feel ripped off.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Avarice on 2003-06-15 01:41 ]</font>

silvermax
Jun 15, 2003, 03:57 AM
people judge newbieness differently, and i really dont understand why you would care.... i never do

i think there those things you use to combine with frozen shooter, to get snow queen, and some other stuff, not all that great... what did you give the guy?

Avarice
Jun 15, 2003, 04:18 AM
1. I care because I'm eaisly pissed off by the idiots who are one lvl higher then you and believe they rule the bloody world.

2. I'll have to try that, I just got a frozen shooter today. Also does anyone here now why the game censors "shooter"?

I gave the guy a couple of god powers.

Trickstr
Jun 15, 2003, 04:28 AM
I'm only lv 106 I don't think many people would consider you a newbe in my opinion anyone over 100 isn't a newbe

Benoit
Jun 15, 2003, 04:58 AM
Nah, someone LV 100+ isn't a newbie at all.

Photon boost? Don't you mean those things that slowly fill your PB? I don't know.

Kildin
Jun 15, 2003, 05:03 AM
a level 200 can be a newbie... a lvl 15 can rox

I played EverQuest a lot and saw lvl 45 playing way better than a 65...

(65 is max lvl in EQ)

kat
Jun 15, 2003, 11:08 AM
On 2003-06-15 02:18, Avarice wrote:
Also does anyone here now why the game censors "shooter"?

It has to do whith what the word becomes when you take the 's' off the begining...

anyway, God powers seem to be in major demand. I'd say that unless you wanted those thingys pretty badly, you got the sadder side of the deal. However, if you have a lot of God Powers, and find those that you traded for to be interesting, with no real regrets, then you're fine.

On Newbie vs Not Newbie: 110 means certainly not a newbie to PSO. First post here makes you a newbie to PSO world (and I still consider myself new here, though not Noob new). And if you're just getting online, then you can be a newbie to online play, despite having a character over 100...

... just my take on the newness concept: there are many facets of new

Keero
Jun 15, 2003, 11:14 AM
I'm only lv.2 so I'M A NEWBIE! but who cares, I just got the game yesterday at like 9pm. I'm a umm.... FOmar, and so far I only have the three basic elemental moves, and the light and heavy attacks. It's hard for me to find good items that a FOmar can use!!!

Avarice
Jun 15, 2003, 12:08 PM
Actully, Intil your lvl 45 or so, It's going to be hard as hell to do anything with a FOmar without a team. And once you reach lvl 45, you'll be broke because thats when you start with the higher lvl techs, but you still have under a 1000 tp. once you reach about 80, things get much eaiser and you can begin to solo.

And if your playing offline, do yourself a favor and either become, or make a person from the pinkal section.

Night_Star
Jun 16, 2003, 02:49 AM
fomar is one of the most difficult characters to play in that game, because of his horrible defense and hp. one hit death (almost)

unless you play online...

my favorite force is fonewearl, because she has better defense than the others, and has the most tp

tennis_guy
Jun 16, 2003, 02:52 AM
5 photon boosters??? id like one to get a snow queen...my dang frozen shooter freezes me all the time...lol its kinda funny though

Night_Star
Jun 16, 2003, 02:55 AM
dang, i wish i could play online... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
but my stupid modem wont even connect to the server http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

tennis_guy
Jun 16, 2003, 02:57 AM
why wont your modem connect?? i dont have a modem yet...so no online for me...YET. I've only had the game for like2 weeks, but i want to go online!

Night_Star
Jun 16, 2003, 03:02 AM
i dont know why it wont connect.
i put all the info in correctly. and it just says that there is a problem with my info, but i know that its correct.
maybe it has to do with the fact that i got the modem and the game when it first came out, and there were problems with the first versions of it... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

tennis_guy
Jun 16, 2003, 03:05 AM
that sucks..hope my modem works when i get it!

Night_Star
Jun 16, 2003, 03:07 AM
i know, but most of the time i dont care, cause ive got pretty much everything i need on my fonewearl, and shes pinkal so she will find all the spells she needs too

its only when im extremely bored...

LegendaryMage
Jun 16, 2003, 03:19 AM
The Snow Queen still freezes you just like the froozen shooter. I havent seen a frozen shooter though, can you do the combos with them (you cant do combos with the Ice Queen).

Night_Star
Jun 16, 2003, 03:21 AM
dont know....
the best gun ive found is a inferno bazooka... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Zolpner
Jun 16, 2003, 03:30 AM
Night Star, Where are you, on the New Zealand and Australia boxes there is a circular sticker that says "Not avalible online in Australia or New Zealand" I don't know if it means just because of the fact that the adaptors arn't here or because there are no local servers, or that they don't let it work in NZ and AUS.
If you arnt from NZ/AUS never mind http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

Night_Star
Jun 16, 2003, 03:34 AM
dude
im in utah
and my isp is msn
i just dont get why it wont connect...
it wont even connect to register my HL

Kildin
Jun 17, 2003, 02:27 AM
Night Star, what kind of memory card do you use?

cause if u use a no official NGC memory card you may have some problems...

I had a memory card Thrusmaster and tried to get online with it, it always told me my files were corrupted etc... so I bought an Official NGC memory card and it worked the first time I tried it...

deathdragon2006
Jun 24, 2003, 10:49 PM
well i got my xbox version like a few weeks ago
but i havnt played it much but i have a lvl 25 humar but i started over today and lvl 4 humar and i'm on the caves isnt that funny ha ha well if you want to chat on msn or icq or aim look at my profile
chimichunga

Delsaber
Jun 24, 2003, 10:54 PM
To me, "newbie" is a state of mind. For example, when a person is new to the game and does not have a firm grasp of how the game or whatever works. Once the understand the basics and can handle "it" then they are no longer a "newbie." I hate the term "newbie."

Delsaber
Jun 24, 2003, 10:56 PM
You guys went way off topic... wtf?

MelancholyWitch
Jun 24, 2003, 11:00 PM
anyone wanna play a game its on chat http://groups.msn.com/thenightgame/homepage just pm me about it