PDA

View Full Version : Glitch with 12 star presents (Gallon's Shop)

Vantamiath
Jun 15, 2003, 03:57 AM
I was wondering if some people could help me figure this one out, because I still can't figure out exactly what causes this.

In Gallon's Shop you can wrap presents for 10,000 meseta or 30 Gallon Points.

I recently was fooling around with wrapping weapons bought from the store, and I found out that some 1,2,3 star weapons can be wrapped making them appear to be 12 star weapons.

I'm still unsure what causes this, but I'm almost positive the wrapped weapon has to have an ability. (For eg. I wrapped a Shock Partisen +7 which was a 2 star weap(?) and when it was wrapped it was 12 stars)

Some of you might be asking why this would matter; well, I have a good answer, and a bad answer.

BAD:

This could easily be used to manipulate noobs in trades, the only good thing about this is the rarity level of presents doesnt show up in trade menus-it can only been seen on the ground.

GOOD:

I suppose someone could contact ST to see if this is a glitch or maybe has some sort of meaning.

...Who knows, maybe ol' Yuji wants you to jip your fellow PSOers? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

rena-ko
Jun 15, 2003, 09:22 AM
um... isnt it that the present itself is an 12 star item? the stars dont say anything about the item inside... so far as i remembered ^_^;

but i think i'll waste some 10k of meseta soon, to try out what you meant...

Vantamiath
Jun 15, 2003, 12:48 PM
No, not all wrapped items are 12 stars.

Wrapping any non-attributed weap will result in the weapons actual rare level.

But, not all attribute weapons become 12 stars; thus, I'm not really sure what causes it.

Logical2u
Jun 15, 2003, 01:41 PM
That is why when someone wanted a Brionac for a Red Handgun 'Wrapped' I told them 'open it' or no way.

Watt_4
Jun 15, 2003, 01:44 PM
I've seen this to, its just another of those crazy glitches like the shakin in the lobby lol. For me the item returns to its original stars after depositing or leaving the game, unless you bring a noob with you that posibilities out. Of course my game could just be weird.