PDA

View Full Version : What I have to say about PSO world!

Grizlock
Mar 13, 2001, 11:36 PM
Hey,
I'd just like to say that I think that this sight is doing a kickass job. It offers a place for confused newbies, has TONZ of info/news, and best of all it establishes a community for PSO players who like to play fair.
BUT... there is one thing that drives me mad. Just recently i have seen, or been victim to some cheaters, dupers, thiefs on OUR SERVER!!!!
Now I know im sounding pretenscious, pompous, and downright stupid to call it "our server" but i do believe that there should be a server dedicated to fair play. I have to say it really pisses me off when I try settle down for a game on Puck 9 hoping to play with some cool/ fair and generally enjoyable people to play with, only to get punked by some thief. I think we should all contribute to making Puck -9 a non cheater/thief server. All we need to do is be real bitches to them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif you'd be surprised how well it would work. Damn, we could even have the word sent out and have people who are not wanted... truly not wanted on puck-9. It wouldnt be hard, just tell each other.

Finally I'd like to say that this community absolutely kicks ass and although Im not much of a frequent poster, I do pay attention to the boards. I'd like to give a shout to all those who make this community kick ass.

Those who manage this sight: Ragnarok, Ambrai, God, complex, and the rest of you who work on it. (dont hurt me for not knowing you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif )

Rei, who owns that wicked screenshot sights (get me one of thos pics dammit!)

hmmm , I cant think of many others except for Danger Girl, and Seutekh, but those of you who I havnt mentioned... you kick ass too.

Thanx for making this community what it is.

I've never been to fond of clans, and never really been involved in 'em, but I just realized PSO World is just one massive clan.

See you on Puck-9

Danger_Girl
Mar 14, 2001, 06:22 AM
Griz your so sweethttp://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif. The community that has sprouted because of PSOWorld has got to be, without a doubt the most special thing to come out of this game. Who knows, I may have gotten sick of this game long ago if not for the way cool people I've met, and continue to meet every day.

And believe me when I say, when I run into some creep on the Puck 9 server, I can be a REAL BITCH!!!!!!! But for the most part when someone joins a game I'm in, even if I've never played with them before, and they say I'm from PSOWorld...well I pretty much know they are going to play with honor. Not always (still gotta keep your eyes peeled for the loosers) but almost!

Sheogorath
Mar 14, 2001, 06:30 AM
I know what you mean! It changed the game for me, being a part of this community. I have increased my card list by about 25 names (Had to delete a few of my "old" friends, most of whom now cheat, no big loss there) and I can't walk on Puck 9 without seeing at least a few people from here who are willing to game with me.

There is one downside to it though:

Many times, my game gets full and a few different people from here message me to see if they can join. Sadly, I never can bring myself to "kick" anyone out, so I end up feeling like a total loser and i'm forced to tell my friend in the lobby that he'll have to wait http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif

Look me up tommorow, around 6PM EST, Puck 9, game name:

PSO World-SHEO

f0rge
Mar 14, 2001, 06:35 AM
one good way of keeping cheaters away from our games would be to make a "clan" of sorts, with a list of trusted names and stuff like that. from what i have seen here, you almost already have one...

just a thought http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

Marlboro
Mar 14, 2001, 06:44 AM
This place owns. I like it when I hop on and I see a familar character or two out there. Also nice to go to work and recap the daily adventures of everybodies characters.

The EQ people are actually envious.

gideon
Mar 14, 2001, 10:08 AM
::sniff:: they like us! they really like us! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

DarkKnight
Mar 14, 2001, 10:15 AM
don't you like me?http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif

Ambrai
Mar 14, 2001, 11:26 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_cool.gif

oh and lol @ Gideon

Fubuki
Mar 14, 2001, 11:44 AM
Puck-9 is nifty!.. but there are some dupers and such who prowl these boards and are always on Puck-9...

but other than that people like Star make puck-9 awesome! Sharing and helping and progressing through battle together is the best part of PSO.

Too bad there aren't some sort of guides in lobbies and Op'ing in teams. even an ignore option for people who macro 'All your base are belong to us' would be keen.

Viper3
Mar 14, 2001, 12:38 PM
I'm a new poster, but I've been coming to this site for a little over a month now. Just a few weeks ago, I started checking out the message boards & found myself quite surprised by the *quality* of the people. I've had the game since it was released & my experience online has been okay. Not great, just okay. Most of the time I ran into people who were item hogs but I ran into a few cool people to play with. Three of my friends have also gotten the game & had such a terrible online experience, they generally decided to only play with me & each other. Sad, but true. We generally play on Umnbriel or Cordelia, but now that I know everyone here plays on Puck, I might just have to mosey over there & say hello. Mostly everyone on this site seems honorable & let me tell you, that's a breath of fresh air. So if you see a hunter wearing one of the hidden outfits with gray-blue hair, it's me, Viper3. I have a Whitill Section ID. Looking forward to trading guild cards with ya.

BTW, I just started over with this character because my other character, Viper, had a Yellowboze section ID & every Sega rep I talked to said that it was one of the worst for finding rare items. I have to admit, it's true. Oh sure, you can get the Kaladgolg (got it in Cave 1 on Hard), but I was looking for really cool stuff like double sabers & the like. I had well over 200 hours logged in, was at lvl 81, & the only 10-12 star weapon I had was Delsaber's Buster. Oh, & 2 fake Agitos. My Viper3 character is only at lvl 15, but he's growing fast. Anyway, enough about me. This is a great site & a cool community. Keep up the excellent work & I hope to see ya online.

Grizlock
Mar 14, 2001, 02:07 PM
lol yeah I forgot gideon in my list of names...
List of names revised: Gideon

Just to add something PSO is a clan if u look at things caresfully, just that its a hell of a lot more organised.
"our own server", guild cards/ message boards /etc..., to communicate, and we have our sort of "no cheat, play fair" goal are all things that make this a pretty damn good, and pretty damn big clan.

so yeah... keep it going!

If you see me on PUCK 9 ... gimme a shout we'll play

Rei
Mar 14, 2001, 02:57 PM
Grizlock, please check this thread or my website for next screen shot meeting .
http://tomeeboy.com/kageki/viewtopic.php?topic=2421&forum=1

Azel-SummErs
Mar 14, 2001, 03:10 PM
Well....so far, my observation tells me there are some really cool ppl here.

I just got online for the 1st time a few hrs ago, YES IT TOOOK ME A LONG TIME TO GET ONLINE GOD DAMN AUSTRALIA IS SERVER-LESS!!!!!

Anyway, I had to wait for my paycheck to obtain an US PSO....then get online, thus the delay.

I logged onto the US server....thinking I could say HI n stuff...
instead, all i see are ppl going
a) u got this?
b)u got that?
c)can u give me?

Stuff this, hopped onto a Jap server...meet a lvl 100 guy...we spoke..gave me his guild card, asked me to look up for him next time I am there.

Bummed around, met up with three other Japanese players around my level....

HAD THE GREATEST FUN INTERACTING WITH THEM!!!!

Istantly revived if killed, always sharing....grab items after the room is cleared of monsters.

Picked up a double light saber....and grants
But I gave the grants to the force user...seeing I'm a hunter...I thought 'ack, what the hell..he'll need it more than me...I can always find it again'.

I can say this, from his BAD experience, he was quite shocked that this non Japanese player was willing to SHARE!

Whenever someone leveled up, congrats would fly around the room...full of laughter n great fun!!!!!

Puck 9 is PSO world server huh?

I hope the same experience I had on the Jap server can be experienced at Puck 9.

I dun cheat, I share items...I give u items if u need it more than me (no need for u to give me another item back as a fav) I wait for u if u have to go to the loo during battle...I take hits for u so that u can recover...

yep..this is mehttp://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Rei
Mar 14, 2001, 04:47 PM
Once I played in a Jpn server, I tried to speak in japanese to show my friendlyness. But too bad they thought I was a japanese who pretended to be a foreigner. Then they said something real bad....like "Don't try to fool us". I was so pissed then just left the game.

Grizlock
Mar 14, 2001, 06:03 PM
Heh, its funny how insecure people are in a mere video game.
For example, Rei's experience... I mean, you wouldn't think there would be this whole "the foreigners are conspiring agains us" mentality goin on. THE POINT OF THE GAME IS TO HAVE FUN. you'd think people would realize these things for once and for all.

Oh and Rei thanx for the thread, ill try and be there the next picture taking.

btw, Azel, my Aussie friend... Puck - 9 will be 10-fold better than your Japan experience. Trust me you'll have a bomb time in there.

If you see me gimme a shout and we'l play!

Socrates
Mar 14, 2001, 07:00 PM
Yah, you should find that, compared to other US servers, Puck-09 is head and shoulders above the rest. However, while we usually refer to it as "our" server, it is still open to the public like all the others are, and that means you are still occasionally going to get some slobbish cheater or unscrupulous item whore. But the incidence of them are much less than on most of the other servers.

For even more "security," if you see a game entitled "PSO World," "PSOW" or something to that effect, it most likely is some of us regulars, so come on in.

Also, if you see a room like that which is password-locked, try "SONIC" as the password -- that helps it even more to keep the random cheaters and slobs out. ;D

Boylamite
Mar 14, 2001, 08:05 PM
I just thought I'd join in on this threadand say that PSO world indeed does kick ass, I come here all the time, and I'm always happy to read about like minded players, and I have to say that I used to hang around Puck 1, but since I started going to Puck 9, the game has become 10 times better. Thanks alot guys, BTW my char name is Boylamite, he's got a 'fro, so if you see me online say 'hi', I'm, a good guy to join a team with.

Brinaro
Mar 14, 2001, 09:32 PM
Well, maybe some games are cool on Puck 9, but I have had my share of bad experiences. For example, i pop into a game and had to get my mag and such from the bank. I ask for a pipe they send one after a time. Instead of waiting for me by the pipe they take off for parts unknown and start getting mad beacuse I cant correctly decide which of the 3 doors to go to to even START finding them, they were very rude.

To make matters worse, they end up at the boss stage and say "we can take it without him" and take off!

Wow, yeah, Puck 9 is always so great.....

I must admit, about one month ago, i used to have great games on Puck 9, I was a force and people were leaving the disks for me etc...now, damn, i am lukcy to get a monomate.

Well, enough Bitching, maybe some day i wil get lucky and pop into a good game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_cool.gif

Azel-SummErs
Mar 15, 2001, 12:20 PM
I'm gonna take ur word for it Grizlock.

I am sorry abt Rei's experience.
It has never happened to me...all i get called is 'cute' http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

anyway...what time can i meet u guyz? (rei, sheo, Danger_girl{I double checked, u're the real thing..dun wanna ask the fake one for a date} griz n co)

I suck with the beats system.
Our time currently is 3 hrs behind asia...so can u guys use that as a guide to tell me what time to meet up with u?

Thanks heaps

HiroShojin
Mar 15, 2001, 02:20 PM
Yeah...PSO World is great.But one thing...does anyone in thier right mind know me?I feel so not in the crowd right now...heh..http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif

Booyah!-Hiro"The Hero"Shojin

Grizlock
Mar 15, 2001, 02:42 PM
Azel, yeah im not to good with beat time either and it certainly doesn't help Id i dont have your guild card... tell ya what, why dont I just ask around for ya, and eventually we shall meet. (if u have a more organised solution by all means...)
If yoiu say you can reach Danger Girl, just msg her because we are usually on at similar times i thinks...

btw... those of us who have had our share of shitty experiences on PUCK-9, I personally dont believe throwing it in the band waggon with every other "scum-riddeb" server. The way I look at it, we should be trying to make it better through word of mouth

oh and Azel, yoiu are correct my name on PSO is the same as on the Boards, and every other game I play for that matter. In fact... If you see anyone called Grizlock on any game, highly suspect its me... if it isnt me... KILL THEM FOR ME.

uhhhh... right so ummm... yeah see you PUCK-9

Maverick
Mar 15, 2001, 02:58 PM
Hey I played w/ a Grizlock the other day. White Hucast? Aren't we from the same factory?

Grizlock
Mar 15, 2001, 03:33 PM
Yup Mav, THats me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

I got ur GC right?

kool msg me sometime!

Mirai_Trunks
Mar 15, 2001, 03:34 PM
Nice speech Griz. Seeing how low the PSO comunity can go, dupers, gamesharkers and theifs its nice to know that there are good people hanging out on Puck-9.

Oh and sorry about not coming to your game after I beat Dark Force on V.Hard on Wed. My game disconnected! Thank Kami-sama all my items were still there. Sayonara.

Grizlock
Mar 15, 2001, 05:28 PM
Hey trunks... so this is who you are on the boards... kool, kool

see perfect example as to what you just said... you got screwed up and would have lost alot of stuff, but thanx to another player, in our community, you got all your stuff back safe and sound

ps no worries trunks, we will do what we do best another day (kicking ass)

Grizlock
Mar 15, 2001, 05:28 PM
Hey trunks... so this is who you are on the boards... kool, kool

see perfect example as to what you just said... you got screwed up and would have lost alot of stuff, but thanx to another player, in our community, you got all your stuff back safe and sound

ps no worries trunks, we will do what we do best another day (kicking ass)

Azel-SummErs
Mar 16, 2001, 11:32 AM
ARGH!
I went and did a online quest just now...
I died as the mission time up!!!!!!!!!
SO I LOST MY DOUBLE SABER N ALL MAH CASH!!!!!!!!1
AAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B_dog74
Mar 16, 2001, 12:09 PM
All of you are, for the lack of abetter word, alright. I have never played on Puck but have played on all the ships and most blocks (I get around). I have never had any bad experiences with any one that I have played with. I guess that I have been lucky thus far. But I would like to say that this sight rules and if I could join your "parties" on Puck I would be most honored. I usually play on Ariel-10 and go by the name Super B! Looking forward to meeting some of you!