PDA

View Full Version : Which ranger is the best?

Sw00sH
Jun 15, 2003, 02:22 PM
What would you consider the best ranger in PSO?

Rhete
Jun 15, 2003, 03:09 PM
1. RAmarl
2. RAcast
3. RAcaseal

4. RAmar

Orange_Coconut
Jun 15, 2003, 03:15 PM
It all depends on your opinion basically, if you check out the stats for each on the character stat guide then you should be able to choose. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Elvendar
Jun 15, 2003, 03:17 PM
RAcaseals rule j00. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Nocturne
Jun 15, 2003, 04:22 PM
Just read into it. Do you want high defense (RAcaseal, high attack (RAcast, a little magic here and there (RAmarl) or deadly accuracy (RAmar)? That should dictate your decision.

Shadow_Chaos
Jun 15, 2003, 04:49 PM
[b]I think that the Racast is the best ranger. Not for accuracy, not for MST, but for the ATP.[b] http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/doughboy.gif

Elusive_Llama
Jun 15, 2003, 11:07 PM
1. Ramarl

Best mix of techs and stats. The attack techs are useless except for ensuring exp, it's the support techs which make this char best. Second highest ATA of 241 lets her push past 300 ATA with 50% charge vulcans.

2 Ramar

Second best mix of techs and stats. Lv 15 S/D is nice, but the lower MST and lack of J/Z hurts. The high ranger ATP and supreme ATA make this char a very good choice. His ATP is only 90pts less than a Racast's...that's something to think about.

3 Racast

Highest HP and highest ranger ATP, plus android bonuses, define this char. Obviously, the lack of techs is a drawback. The ATA is the lowest of the Ranger class, but still good enough to hit things. Use of a hp-stealing weapon is essential.

4 Racaseal

Nothing to recommend this char over a Racast except high DFP (which Rangers don't NEED) and cuteness. Still a good char, just not as good as the others.

Soukosa
Jun 16, 2003, 12:41 AM
On 2003-06-15 21:07, Elusive_Llama wrote:
4 Racaseal

Nothing to recommend this char over a Racast except high DFP (which Rangers don't NEED) and cuteness. Still a good char, just not as good as the others.

Rangers don't need DFP? Sure... You can't always keep the enemies away from you, plus there's attacks that will hit you no matter how far away you are.

Captain_Dude
Jun 16, 2003, 12:58 AM
I'd say the one that uses guns!

But seriously folks, it's all personal preferance. If you wanna be RAmar, be RAmar, if not, be something else! Pick a class, if you no like, pick another!

Games like this don't have a best!

Sw00sH
Jun 16, 2003, 11:15 AM
Yeah well....just wanted your expert opinion (NO sarcasm!) cuz I'm sumewhat of a newbie....so keep the reactions comin'!

Lman90245
Jun 16, 2003, 12:42 PM
RAmar all the way... for one they have the highest ATA in the game (hell weapons anyone?) can become stronger with the shifta they use then RAcasts
and if you want someone with high mind just make a force...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lman90245 on 2003-06-16 10:44 ]</font>

Logical2u
Jun 16, 2003, 04:48 PM
Hmm. Lets go over the upsides and downsides of the classes...

RaMar: Can get insane accuracy (Currently I have about 150, with a general arm and a accuracy mag. Gets some good techs, but no reversers. Can become very good support players.
RaMarls: Not as much ACC, but more magic, and less power. Sorta the same as Ramar.
RaCast: Strong, with regenerating HP. Traps, too! Less accuaracy.
Racaseal: The (personally) best begineer ranger. Good defense, regenerating hp, pretty good attack power, and decent trap levels.

Elusive_Llama
Jun 16, 2003, 06:21 PM
Okay, maybe I should have said 'doesn't NEED high DFP'.

Look at it this way, my Ramarl doesn't have any DFP on her mag other than the default 5, and never ate any Defense mats. And yet she's still doing extremely well in any area you'd care to name. Therefore she doesn't NEED that high DFP stat that Racaseals get.

Frozt
Jun 16, 2003, 09:07 PM
Well I have a Ramar and a Racast the Ramar is ok..but Im a fan of gundam and with my Gundam Racast I have loads of fun playing with him, but the females look cool and they shoot like gangstas I geuss its just what you want realy but I dont have any female class chars(dont go that way) but most of these Racaseal lovers are right racaseals look pretty cool too.

Vim19
Jun 16, 2003, 10:50 PM
Personally, I like Racaseals b/c of the android benefits [seeing and being able to use traps], being able to use all types of guns, and the HP recovery. But try characters out for yourself.