PDA

View Full Version : Game bugs/ item errors

segagameplay
Mar 13, 2001, 11:54 PM
ok so last night i was playing and a person had an item that they saw as a spread needle. To me though it appeared a stag cutlery. I know it wasnt fake! I was in the game on both phone lines and my girl frind and i both saw it diffrent on diffrent tvs... any ideas?

Omegaxboy
Mar 14, 2001, 01:19 AM
I don't know......didn't you work for Sega???? ask your boss.....maybe he knows.....

segagameplay
Mar 14, 2001, 01:32 AM
yes i do work for sega of america. Game is not made in america though. Its also not what my dept handles... Im a game play tech. IE.. I do the 900 hint lines. I figure it is a bug but who knows... My boss and coworkers think its kinda strange too... has any one else seen it?

Maverick
Mar 14, 2001, 01:35 AM
I've heard similar complaints, but only for items of unknown origin (ie. traded, dropped). I've never heard of it happening on an item found in a box or dropped by a mob.

segagameplay
Mar 14, 2001, 01:40 AM
well thanks for the imput

Glider
Mar 14, 2001, 02:22 AM
It has to be some cheat device. I was with some friends who were duping (I tell them its going ruin the game but they never listen.) Anyway, I saw a Nei's claw on the ground. I couldn't pick it up and the other person couldn't see it at all.

Hunter
Mar 14, 2001, 03:03 AM
hmm think about it. different section id's, with different elapsed game times... just because your in the game together doesn't mean it will be the same across the board. who started the game? i've heard that has a huge reliance on the random factors. Rumors of the 'system' releasing items on a time bases... this may explain that possibility also. i've picked up a non-id'd item and took it to the tekker, and gave it to a friend of a different section id, then to my other friend who is also of the same section id & charecter as i, but different level and game time... and recieved different 'identifications' for those type of items. it seems that the rule expands when your picking up items also... as far as only one person seeing something to pick up... that's interesting, anybody else come accross this?

bishop2049
Mar 14, 2001, 03:48 AM
i've heard of of priest minds becoming god/?? maybe its something like that OR a section id who knows

Rei
Mar 14, 2001, 03:54 AM
After I beat Dark Falz in v-hard offline, there was 1 weapon(brown color) without a name and I couldn't pick it up.......

Hunter
Mar 14, 2001, 05:48 AM
And just to Clarify Rei, your inventory wasn't full? i've had the glitch where chatting for a while, not in lobby but in game on the ship. and the typing won't send, and can't pick up items.. which are listed in the BSOD on gamefaqs.. so i usually loggoff if that anomoly occurs. did anything wierd happen shortly after that Rei? game locked up? resetted? BSOD?

Socrates
Mar 14, 2001, 12:04 PM
"i've had the glitch where chatting for a while, not in lobby but in game on the ship. and the typing won't send, and can't pick up items.."

Actually, that may well not be a glitch, but rather lag. You'll also notice that during that period, if you go running around the area, none of the boxes you destroy will produce items, and no new creatures are being spawned. That's because your DC is still running you around the level, but it can't get updated info from the server about what you are finding, or encountering.

If it takes too long, then you're probably about to drop connection. Otherwise, if it's just for a few seconds, you'll be fine.

This happened to me once in a really bad spot. Another person and I were online in the Ruins (back when we weren't really high enough level to be doing so with any sort of impunity).

We were in the 'waterfall' room in Ruins, and he had just gotten killed. I, being the nice guy that I was, ran over to him after the monsters were cleared to Res him, and.... nothing happened.

So I used another Moon. Still nothing.

i tried several more, but nothing. A little spooked now, I checked the 'secret' cache of boxes under the waterfall, and, sure enough, no item, just empty boxes. No speech from my compatriot. I hit a few more rooms we hadn't hit yet, and they were eerily empty.

Then I dropped connection. I really hope he didn't lose anything critical because of that, or thought I had ditched him or anything... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif

Tenshi-Chan
Mar 14, 2001, 12:31 PM
I had kind of a similar glitch, I had 2 trimate on my char and went to the Coat Check girl to get more, but it wouldn't let me take any because it said my inventory was full. I looked in my inventory and there was suddenly NO trimate at all, even tho I knew I had had 2. I tried again to get some, no luck. So I sold all my excess stuff and dropped the rest on the ground and it finally let me take some. But I never found those 2 trimate....

Rei
Mar 14, 2001, 02:41 PM
Reply to Hunter:
I was playing OFFLINE in v-hard mode and my inventory wasn't fulled. Normally when you get close to an item, the item's name should appear at the bottom left corner, but this didn't show anything.