PDA

View Full Version : How the CRAP do you beat Vol Opt on Ultimate??(I've beat him

tennis_guy
Jun 16, 2003, 02:15 AM
THIS IS INSANE! Ok, im a lvl 95 RAmar, and I can get past the first form easy. THEN on the second form i cant kill it!!! It keeps insta killing me with the attack that follows you ( you know the glowing ball of death that traps you and does like 1000 damage (i think)) Wellme and my friedns call it the Jetsons, because when it traps you it sounds like a Jetson car... ANYways any tips on killing it? I geuss I just cant do enough damage too it before it Jetson's me to death!!! HELP PLEASE!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tennis_guy on 2003-06-17 00:11 ]</font>

Ghaleon
Jun 16, 2003, 02:16 AM
when the glowing ball is chasing you run in small circles..it wont get you

tennis_guy
Jun 16, 2003, 02:23 AM
Small circles?? thatwill keep the Jetsons off me??? Ill try it...just after i go through mines for the THIRD time....grrrr...at least i have a frozen shooter,which really helps stopping Sinows and Baranzes in their tracks..k ill try it when i get to the boss again thanks...i hope it works!!!

Night_Star
Jun 16, 2003, 02:45 AM
how much hp you got?
cause he does about 700 dmg with that attack (dont quote me if im wrong)
but you just need to run like hell. run as soon as it turns to that side facing you. or else you wont be able to out run it
but just as a hint, dont go into ruins ult intill you got more than 700 hp, cause the traps do that much

tennis_guy
Jun 16, 2003, 02:48 AM
I have like 620 HP, soo it insta kills mee....and I CANT EVER SEEM TO OUT RUN IT!!! So i'm going to try and run in circles....DANG JETSONS!!!!!

Night_Star
Jun 16, 2003, 02:51 AM
i suggest you lvl up more, i couldnt beat it at all with my fonewearl till she had over 700 hp. now she has almost 1000 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
but just keep trying, everytime you go back there you get more exp

tennis_guy
Jun 16, 2003, 02:55 AM
yeah i know..i need to go through mines anyways, to try and find a yasmikov and a nug bazooka, and a kasami bracer... lots of goodies to get!

Night_Star
Jun 16, 2003, 03:00 AM
i need to go thru mines more often, i usually go thru the ruins and get NOTHING!!!!
but tons of EXP, about 170K and that can be worth while in its own

but i have the worst luck on my fonewearl, when ever i go looking for something, i never get anything http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

tennis_guy
Jun 16, 2003, 03:02 AM
yeah my friend hasnt had much luck in mines either..well im about to go back to mines, and i just realized i had 300K on my character when i died...so that kinda sucks...

Night_Star
Jun 16, 2003, 03:06 AM
lol... ive done that before lol
bank full?
i probly dont have to ask... lol
mines are way too easy for a lvl 126 fonewearl lol

tennis_guy
Jun 16, 2003, 03:10 AM
OHHH lvl 126 j/k lol and yes that was all my cash...time to pick up all the frames and barriers i can carry and sell them YAY. yeah im lvl 95..and my frozen shooter does all the work for me at least!!!

Night_Star
Jun 16, 2003, 03:12 AM
oh!
your bank isnt full?
then that really sucks
but i wouldnt know, cause my bank is full on all of my character. ive got about 5 characters, all in ultimate, and are at least lvl 100 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

tennis_guy
Jun 16, 2003, 03:15 AM
well thats cause your not a NOOB like me... i mean ive only had the game for 2 weeks..so you dont need any cash obvioulsy...this is hard trying to go through mines and reply at the same time!!!

PinkyBloodyArt
Jun 16, 2003, 03:18 AM
I beat vol-opt ver 2 in the mid 70 with my
fonewearl, the trick is to either get an early start
when he turns that side 2 you or to run in small
circles. Might i sugest that you place a pipe out
side the boss porter so that if lyou fail you can
take the pipe place 1 again and try again, rinse and
repeat until you get the timming down on vol-opt
than it becomes easy. Act pariond and run around and
do not shoot him if you do not know what attack
is comming. take your time and he will die.

P.S. when you get to the ruins buy trap visions and
use them to keep the traps from killing you. Lay
pipes alot because the Belra's and c-sorcerroor
will kill you with one hit. Low lvl deep in ult
can be agravating but you will lvl in know time

Night_Star
Jun 16, 2003, 03:20 AM
your playing at the same exact time as replying to this??
thats funny http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

but ive played the game since it first came out on DC, so im and EXPERT!!!!!!

tennis_guy
Jun 16, 2003, 03:22 AM
I always leave a pipe outside the boss...but it just takes forever to do the first part over and over and then just die on the second...its just frustrating...im in mines right now, and am working my way back to the boss...since i quit playing erlliear today.

tennis_guy
Jun 16, 2003, 03:24 AM
On 2003-06-16 01:20, Night_Star wrote:
your playing at the same exact time as replying to this??
thats funny http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

but ive played the game since it first came out on DC, so im and EXPERT!!!!!!

see im a NOOOOOOB, and your NOTTTTTT...well i geuss that was my point....
yep imgoing through mines right now, but it willtake a while cause im posting it up all night long YEEHAAH

Night_Star
Jun 16, 2003, 03:32 AM
well... thats ok if your a newb
but you just need to lvl up

tennis_guy
Jun 16, 2003, 03:36 AM
2100 to lvl, SEEE im leveling!!! almost 96.

Night_Star
Jun 16, 2003, 03:40 AM
cool!
now you just need to fix your signature... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

tennis_guy
Jun 16, 2003, 03:41 AM
lol i know, andnow 5 pts t lvl lol

Night_Star
Jun 16, 2003, 03:43 AM
thats cool!!
but probly now youve gained the lvl!!!

tennis_guy
Jun 16, 2003, 03:46 AM
yep lvled. and my sig is fixed and i added something..tee hee.

tennis_guy
Jun 16, 2003, 11:22 PM
HEY i beat him. Running in circles to dodge that attack works great, now im lvl 100..gotta change my sig

Mechashadow
Jun 17, 2003, 01:01 AM
Hey, Tennis Guy, you got more guts than me...
Im LVL 103 and can barely make it through a few rooms in Mines.

...Maybe because I don't have a frozen shooter http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif...

Delsaber
Jun 17, 2003, 01:28 AM
I beat Vol Opt ver.2 at level 85 or so with my RAmar. I use a Frozen Shooter to get through the mines. If you have a Justy-23ST use that. With that I can kill a Gilchich in 5 hits. Two special hits and 3 power. Or with a Demon Laser I kill them in 3 hits. Two specials and 1 power hit. I am level 91 right now. Good luck with the NUG and YAZ. I have both. I did a run in the "Knowing One's Heart" quest and got my NUG, I did it again and got my YAZ. Have fun!

tennis_guy
Jun 17, 2003, 01:28 AM
lol yeah it IS because you dont have a frozen shooter. With this thing you can freeze ANYthing. Sinow Red, Baranz??? HAHAHA I LAUGH...until I die, because they unfreeze eventually... But with the frozen shooter, the freeze attatck is also a strong attack so you can chain freeze YIPPEE. Hey mecha, i got mine by doing the Forest of Sorrow quest, and finding a Hildetorr, in the LAST room. Wait till 2 Hildelts spawn, and then telepipe and go back and repeat till a Hildetorr spawns!! It took me like half an hour of that. Thats what I suggest you do to get one...it will drop for a Whitil. I checked!!!!

tennis_guy
Jun 17, 2003, 01:33 AM
So the Knowing Ones Heart quest gave you both??? Wonder why that is... Ill try that one over and over then! You must be GREENNILL right?

Delsaber
Jun 17, 2003, 01:35 AM
Yep, a Greennill. I too receive my Frozen Shooter from a Hildetorr by piping the last room with the two Hildelts in it. It took four Hildetorrs...

I guess the quest doesn't matter, I just did it to use ELLY as a meat shield...

tennis_guy
Jun 17, 2003, 01:41 AM
FOUR Hildetorrs???? How long did it take you to get the Shooter? It took me half an hour to get the Hildetorr, but at least that one droped it.

sysreq
Jun 17, 2003, 01:43 AM
i have also slain a hildetor only to find it left me behind some meseta :/

tennis_guy
Jun 17, 2003, 01:45 AM
yeah ive killed like 3 El Rappys and NO Sacred Guard...

Delsaber
Jun 17, 2003, 01:47 AM
Took an average of 1 and 1/2 of piping for each 'Torr. I did it over 2 days. So two per day. It took to long! I need to play on my Bluefull and get him to Ultimate. I hunter for Hildetorrs with him. They drop Heaven's Punisher...

blueearth
Jun 17, 2003, 01:48 AM
The attack from the second form seems to do exactly 640 damage. So if you still have 620, it's real easy - equip a dragon/hp, or level up about 3-4 times in mines (easy at your level, same as my 96 racaseal). http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Delsaber
Jun 17, 2003, 01:48 AM
You mean Pal Rappies and Guard Waves?

sysreq
Jun 17, 2003, 01:49 AM
heh yea ive killed hundreds of el rappys and have gotten 3 flowens sword auw **** http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

tennis_guy
Jun 17, 2003, 01:50 AM
WHOA you get a heavens punisher!!! If you get 2...maybe we could trade??? But i read...you have to level up your blufill. I have to level up my Redria force, to get all kinds of stuff

Mechashadow
Jun 17, 2003, 01:52 AM
ol yeah it IS because you dont have a frozen shooter. With this thing you can freeze ANYthing. Sinow Red, Baranz??? HAHAHA I LAUGH...until I die, because they unfreeze eventually... But with the frozen shooter, the freeze attatck is also a strong attack so you can chain freeze YIPPEE. Hey mecha, i got mine by doing the Forest of Sorrow quest, and finding a Hildetorr, in the LAST room. Wait till 2 Hildelts spawn, and then telepipe and go back and repeat till a Hildetorr spawns!! It took me like half an hour of that. Thats what I suggest you do to get one...it will drop for a Whitil. I checked!!!!

I've killed 2 Hidetorrs(both in the same quest,"forest of sorrow") and they dropped meseta...

BTW, does LCK affect the chance of finding rares?
I have 42 LCK...

tennis_guy
Jun 17, 2003, 01:52 AM
On 2003-06-16 23:48, Delsaber wrote:
You mean Pal Rappies and Guard Waves?

LOL yes...i meant both of those....man thats weird....how could i screw up that bad??? I was thinking PAL rappies and GUARD WAVE...

tennis_guy
Jun 17, 2003, 01:54 AM
jeeese 42 luck???? thats alot. I dont know if it affects rare drops..probably not...all I know is that it affects critical attacks.

Delsaber
Jun 17, 2003, 01:57 AM
LCK only effects critical hits. It has nothing to do with rare item drop rate. I would trade with you tennis_guy, but I cannot get online http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif. I need to find a modem.

tennis_guy
Jun 17, 2003, 01:57 AM
Hey how do you edit a post? since i beat Vol Opt a while ago, i want to change the post name

tennis_guy
Jun 17, 2003, 01:59 AM
On 2003-06-16 23:57, Delsaber wrote:
LCK only effects critical hits. It has nothing to do with rare item drop rate. I would trade with you tennis_guy, but I cannot get online http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif. I need to find a modem.

hey i know what you mean...I just got a modem of ebay...check there or check your local wal mart. Mine had a modem like 2 weeks ago but now is sold out.

Delsaber
Jun 17, 2003, 02:00 AM
On your first post or main post in here at the bottom of it there is a little picture of paper, the second one on the right is the edit button. Just hold the mouse over it, the alternate text will popup and say edit or something, click and change it.

tennis_guy
Jun 17, 2003, 02:07 AM
i stil cant find how to edit....

Delsaber
Jun 17, 2003, 02:20 AM
Looks like you figured it out! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I changed my sig. Nice little Flash sig. Two of my characters are on there fading in and out...

tennis_guy
Jun 17, 2003, 02:23 AM
WHOA thats pretty sweet. and i thought your sig before that was cool also..

Delsaber
Jun 17, 2003, 02:38 AM
Thanks. Good luck with Ruins, those Belras are tricky but the Frozen Shooter handles them with no problem if there are no other enemies around that is...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Delsaber on 2003-06-17 00:42 ]</font>

tennis_guy
Jun 17, 2003, 02:41 AM
what picture?

Delsaber
Jun 17, 2003, 02:44 AM
Nevermind, the site I was hosting it on just stopped allowing hotlinking and such. I will have to find a new host...

tennis_guy
Jun 17, 2003, 02:46 AM
oh gotcha.

Delsaber
Jun 17, 2003, 02:48 AM
I am going to open up an account at webshots.com and up the pic on there. It is a really cool mech drawing, nothing to do with pso, but it could be an upgrade of a RAcast or something. :

Delsaber
Jun 17, 2003, 02:54 AM
Here it is...

http://community.webshots.com/user/davidv0
Go there and see it...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Delsaber on 2003-06-17 00:56 ]</font>

tennis_guy
Jun 17, 2003, 02:56 AM
the link didnt work... it said "Forbidden"....and something like i couldnt access it

Delsaber
Jun 17, 2003, 02:57 AM
http://community.webshots.com/user/davidv0
Try this...

tennis_guy
Jun 17, 2003, 03:04 AM
yeah that is pretty sweet

Mechashadow
Jun 17, 2003, 11:20 AM
jeeese 42 luck???? thats alot. I dont know if it affects rare drops..probably not...all I know is that it affects critical attacks.

Yeah, I have 4 Master/Abilies(raise ATP,DFP,ATA,EVP,MST,and LCK by 5) equipped and have found a few luck materials.

Mystil
Jun 17, 2003, 06:05 PM
The trick I use for Vol Opt with my FO is pretty clever.

LUMINOUS FIELD
-Resist/Burning
-Resist/Burning
-Resis/Freeze
-(something else)

That one hit kill thing(from the pillars)(yes this is for form 1)only takes about 600 from me, and Freeze hardly does any damage but freeze. The ball you're talking about can just be as easily evaded as any of his other attacks..