PDA

View Full Version : When playing multiplayer, and a Rare is found, how do you de

tennis_guy
Jun 16, 2003, 02:42 AM
This is an ongoing conflict with me and my friends.... Usually the one who gets there first gets the rare, and is called a Ninja Looter by the other bitter players who didnt get there fast enough. My friend had an idea that we should roll a dice and whoever gets the hight number gets the item, which seems like a good idea, but we havent tried it yet.. So how do you determine "who gets it"?

Droxitr
Jun 16, 2003, 02:56 AM
My friends and I only play multiplayer offline... at my house on my 'cube.

So... I usually get looting rights, but my char is a FO, so it usually ends up being used by my buds. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Besides, while they're gone, I have access to their bank accounts and char inventories. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Night_Star
Jun 16, 2003, 02:58 AM
thats pretty much how it works for me.
since i cant get online for some *** reason, i just play offline multiplayer. and i get looting rights.
but as for online, it should go to the person who killed the monster, right?

[edit]please do not use derogatory words.
--IceBlink

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IceBlink on 2003-06-16 15:23 ]</font>

tennis_guy
Jun 16, 2003, 02:59 AM
lol. well my friends all have the game and are as rare hungry as I am ,so when we see the red box we go into a frenzy..RED BOX RED BOX....wait thats just a juice carton on my table...my mistake...

Night_Star
Jun 16, 2003, 03:04 AM
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

you play the game offline multiplayer?
no body will play the game with me multiplayer, so i get everything anyways... lol

Sheik1
Jun 16, 2003, 03:05 AM
On 2003-06-16 00:42, tennis_guy wrote:
This is an ongoing conflict with me and my friends.... Usually the one who gets there first gets the rare, and is called a Ninja Looter by the other bitter players who didnt get there fast enough. My friend had an idea that we should roll a dice and whoever gets the hight number gets the item, which seems like a good idea, but we havent tried it yet.. So how do you determine "who gets it"?

If you are playing with a team...pretty much everyone thinks first come, first serve. You will find this a lot in the online games...for US servers anyways. As soon as a red box drops every one rushes to get it without clearing the room first.

The way that I like to play...with people that I know...is to finish clearing the room, then pick up stuff. If I pick it up I will see what it is and if someone else needs it more or I can not use it, for example a FO can not use most a GUILTY LIGHT, I drop it.

Until you get into ultimate mode the drops are not all that great except for a few in vhard. I don't even bother picking up most stuff anymore...I let the others fight over it..heh. Then they complain and cuss when they did not get it!

I actually prefer the method where everyone picks up everything and then after the boss stage and you return to P2 everything is dropped so everyone can see what was gotten and only pick up what you need. That is how I like it done. Although you will next to NEVER find this on the US servers...especially VEGA and ANTARIES 08.

Most american players that play this game are way too greedy and loot every level. I save my looting for offline or solo online when there is no one else around...it eats up time and makes you look bad looting everything. Especially stuff that someone else could use more...like mates for HUc and fluids for FOs.

LegendaryMage
Jun 16, 2003, 03:05 AM
There is always the classic rock paper Scissors, which works offline or online.

saffaya
Jun 16, 2003, 04:36 AM
On 2003-06-16 01:05, alland wrote:
I actually prefer the method where everyone picks up everything and then after the boss stage and you return to P2 everything is dropped so everyone can see what was gotten and only pick up what you need.

That's the standard way on JP ships.
Then use rock/scissor/paper to resolve any conflict.

Nocturne
Jun 16, 2003, 06:05 AM
A very good rule to follow is: pick up what you kill, and what you CAN use in the crates. For instance a ranger who finds a *insert ranger weapon* should be picking it up, however a Hunter who finds it should offer it up to the ranger, simply because it's his weapon type. The more you start doing this, the more the others players should follow. If they don't then find a less greedy gaming group.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nocturne on 2003-06-16 04:06 ]</font>

Kizaragu
Jun 16, 2003, 06:26 AM
When I used to play Multiplayer with my friend MAD we tended to use first come first served.
But this aways lead to arguments anyway, as I'd always tend to be in the right place at the right time!
(The argument got to boiling point when it was an Uber rare!)
But thankfully (Sorry MAD) I dont play PSO with him anymore as his Girlfriend accidently Corrupted his file by turning it off when it was saving. And now he's lost all interest in the game.
Kinda made me think all those arguments we had we're pointless and at the end of the day it's just a computer game... albeit avery good one though. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

xovinu
Jun 16, 2003, 08:15 AM
If it's people I know well enough, everyone will get what they can actually use.

Once in a while everyone on a team will take a look at the drop charts and call a certain item before hand. Not a bad method as long as everyone is willing to accept it.

Other times I try not to bother and often leave everything on the ground. Let everyone else make a mad dash for an item before the room is clear of monsters, and whine about not getting an item that is most likely a 9 star rare or something useless to their class. It doesn't seem like the proper way to play a cooperative game such as this and therefore I will take no part in it.

rena-ko
Jun 16, 2003, 09:35 AM
with my good friends, i usually ask if someone wants a particular drop.
in heat of the battle, i take it and drop it once we're back in the city.

usually the one who could make the best use of it takes it.
or we say - the first one's yours, the next one's mine and so on.
really depends...
most of the time i say to myself 'nah, let them keep it' and i just want to know what it is to write finding and beattime down.

gallaugher
Jun 16, 2003, 11:05 AM
My friends & I have an understanding that all rares are shared & typically given to the player that can use it (needs it) the most. This has worked really well for us ever since November. If you can get your friends to agree to this I highly recommend doing it this way.

Sheik1
Jun 16, 2003, 12:08 PM
On 2003-06-16 02:36, saffaya wrote:

On 2003-06-16 01:05, alland wrote:
I actually prefer the method where everyone picks up everything and then after the boss stage and you return to P2 everything is dropped so everyone can see what was gotten and only pick up what you need.

That's the standard way on JP ships.
Then use rock/scissor/paper to resolve any conflict.

I played a lot on the JP ships and I like this method. The JP players are more "team" players (most of them) then the US players. The only problem is that when a greedy US player comes along and joins a JP game...then starts taking advantage of this. This does not make us look good over there and starts leading to the JP only teams.

Ayumu_Kasuga
Jun 16, 2003, 12:13 PM
In the trio I usually play in, there is little competition for items because we have one FO, one RA, and one HU. The person closest to the rare usually picks it up and gives it to who needs it most later. Of course, that doesn't apply to Photon Drops, where it most certainly is first come, first serve. ^_^

MAGusZ87
Jun 16, 2003, 12:36 PM
if u have to play ninja looter style then mebbe u can try: having a list of what rares drop for what section ID (this site has great lists) then when u go to a new area (forest, caves, etc.) check and see what rares drop for the game creator, or player one for offline. that way u know what will drop and if u want/need it.

Lman90245
Jun 16, 2003, 12:50 PM
It should be something like, whoever kills the monster/box that droped the rare he gets it.

Ryo_Hayasa
Jun 16, 2003, 05:29 PM
this is how it works for my group

"i's kills it, i's gets it, you kill's it, i takes a look at it, then i decide who gets it. got a problem, too bad, i'm the PSO vent and i've got the best judgement"
i train a group of PSO n00bs http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif they're family litterally.

"Wait...so Blue numbers are bad?!"
Ryo: yes..the numbers on the left are you base stats what you have before you equip it. the right numbers are what you have after you equip it, your trying to get larger numbers

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif silly numbies uhh newbies.

Kent
Jun 16, 2003, 06:11 PM
Online, it's usually whoever grabs it gets it. In offline multiplayer though, it's pretty much whoever grabs it gets punched until he gives it to whomever is needing/can use it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_sleepy.gif

Getintothegame
Jun 16, 2003, 06:30 PM
It was first come first seve when I played with my cousin.
I have 1 tip, never look at the rare when you die and scream "RARE!!"
Now that sucked. 2 PDs were lost that day...

Naylor007
Jun 16, 2003, 09:11 PM
The group that I play with takes turns picking up the rare stuff. Whatever pops up, whosever turn it is gets it no matter what. It's up to them to decide if they want to give it to someone else. Sometimes it's the luck of the draw, but we found it's the fairest way to do it.

Ghaleon
Jun 17, 2003, 01:36 AM
the way it works in the games im in is whoever grabs it first gets it

kat
Jun 17, 2003, 03:27 PM
typically, people grab and that's it. However, often times, people will pick it up, see what it is, if they can equip, etc. and then offer it to the team if they don't want it.

I personally will pick up rares of monsters I kill, check it and then if it's not my character class, offer it to someone in the game who's it is... unless they're being a complete jerk. Then I don't bother, because I don't feel like it at that point..

For instance, my hunter once picked up a ranger weap. I have a ranger that could use it, however, I offered it to the rangers on the team first. No one wanted it, so I asked 'anyone mind if i keep it?'. No one did, so I did.

Another time, I had a ranger pick up a hunter class weapon. I wanted daggers, but the hunter really wanted it too... so since I picked it up, we made a deal - if it was dagger class weapon, it was mine, otherwise it was his. I gave it to him, and when he checked it later it was Brionic...

I like the way the JP players work, but know better than to try that in anything but a closed game with people I trust.

Logical2u
Jun 17, 2003, 03:38 PM
Who ever gets there first. Sometimes I yell at people who steal the good things too. GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

Monomate
Jun 17, 2003, 06:10 PM
i play offline multi, and for us its whoever killed the thing that dropped it. if someone else takes it, they are immediately attacked by everyone else.

Kildin
Jun 18, 2003, 12:39 AM
NBG = Need Before Greed...

Raziel_Kai
Jun 18, 2003, 12:43 AM
I don't fight over those coveted red boxes.
I let everyone else get them, that way I don't have to get into any arguments about who gets what.
Although I firmly believe that the person who killed the monster, or opened the box should get the item; I also believe that items should be given to those who really need them.
Most of the time I've played online, I don't care about the rares... I prefer to have a good time playing than telling others to let a rare go to someone else.
If I am hunting for rares, I do so offline.
That way what I find I keep and what I don't need, I give away. Besides, I am not that lucky anyways http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

LegendaryMage
Jun 18, 2003, 01:15 AM
In theory you whoever kills wins the prize methods work but wha happens when we have a monster with alot of HP and one party member is doing all the work, them another member comes up and simply delivers the final blow, does he/she really deserve the rare?

tennis_guy
Jun 18, 2003, 01:20 AM
no he/she doesnt deserve it... see its hard to fairly divide rares..RED BOX!!! no no sorry just seeing things AGAIN...

Night_Star
Jun 18, 2003, 02:33 AM
wow its pretty interesting on the different people theories http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif
but sadly no one will really agree on one thing http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif

polishedweasel
Jun 18, 2003, 06:16 AM
I have a funny story now that we're on this topic..I got a group of friends, V hard caves, we're moving along and all of a sudden a Nar Lilly pops up out of the ground. It instantly paralyzes me. Then my friends go on to beating on the flower. While they're beating on it I tell them that I need to be un-paralyzed, becuase I don't have any antiparalysis or sols. They kept on beating the flower. Ignoring my cry for help, so when the monster is dead everyone is still swinging their weapons and I snag the little red box sitting under the Flower. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

They all get mad at me, and I let them know that I was paralyzed and you guys didn't fix me. Tough luck. By not ailing my status, they gave me the means to grab tat item faster than them. Greedy noobs, yes. It was only a Cure/Poison anyway. Nothing to cry about. This was offline multi too.

Mattoko
Jun 18, 2003, 06:29 AM
this is one of my worst memories. I was playing through V. Hard Mines with some of my new found friends and guess what, we all kill a sinew beat and it drops a God/something or other, one of them rushes up and sntches it without thinking about the team effort.

Raziel_Kai
Jun 18, 2003, 06:31 AM
Now that's poetic justice.
Very good polishedweasel. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Omikron
Jun 20, 2003, 01:21 AM
Usually with my friends we just rush for the red box and if the person who picks it up and equips it to see what it is, and if he can't equip it he passes it to someone who can and then decides if he still wants it or have it given to whoever needs it most, and if it's something someone who didn't pick it up wants badly we just trade for it, and of course no mercy for photon drops.

Obviously, like all other loot sharing methods except hogging everything it only works with people you trust.

Night_Star
Jun 20, 2003, 01:33 AM
yeah. thats a good way to decide who gets what
it just depends on who can use what

tennis_guy
Jun 20, 2003, 01:43 AM
lol. good job polishedweasel! : )

Night_Star
Jun 20, 2003, 01:54 AM
whos polishedweasel?
it better not be me!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Zolpner
Jun 20, 2003, 02:54 AM
Night_star you need to read before you type...

anyway nice one polishedweasel (revenge is sweet)

Night_Star
Jun 20, 2003, 03:06 AM
oh hehe
i didnt see that guy up there http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gifoh: http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bash.gif