PDA

View Full Version : newb trap question

BlehBlehAmiga
Jun 16, 2003, 06:32 AM
Where do you get them? Do you get a few per level? I don't think I've seen them for sale.

Heero_Yuy0w0
Jun 16, 2003, 06:43 AM
Traps can only be used by androids. You automatically get them. And whenever u go to the medical room to heal they refil, and when u lvl up they refill. As you lvl up, u're allowed to hold more traps.

Anastasios
Jun 16, 2003, 06:43 AM
only android type characters get traps, and they get a certain amount to start off and increase in number as you level up. If you run out of traps, the only ways to replenish are to level up, walk into a heal ring or see the nurse on pioneer 2. Remember to use them wisely (when large groups of monsters are around) and to also allow for detonation time which is about 5 secs. Fun stuff...

dropslash
Jun 16, 2003, 08:37 AM
They'll explode faster based on difficulty level, slow in Normal to almost immediately in Ultimate.

And remember, Damage Traps can hurt a lot of enemies most normal weapons can't, like Slimes in "puddle form" and dark/death gunners when they're armored.

As a side note, if you die and a revived by your mag or a scape doll, your traps will also refill.

rena-ko
Jun 16, 2003, 09:17 AM
you could set of two traps at once. i think they detonate each other then - for example an explosiontrap together with an icetrap...

Sheik1
Jun 16, 2003, 12:15 PM
One other note...if you want to detonate them faster set your trap and turn around and shoot it with some mechs or something. This is what I do if I find a delbiter or something...lay a freeze trap...turn around quickly and shoot it. Instant frozen harmess delbiter..hehe. Then I lay the mechs into it.

MAGusZ87
Jun 16, 2003, 12:29 PM
also, depending on which class you are,(HUcast, HUcaseal, RAcast, RAcaseal) you'll get more or less traps when you level up.

deathdragon2006
Jun 25, 2003, 08:27 PM
yeah it's just the type on android like hunter,ranger . . .etc but thats all for me
-i fought the falz and the falz won- hey thats a good one

Nei3rd
Jun 25, 2003, 08:33 PM
I'd say only use em for large groups of enemies. Using it against only one is a waste. Also try to shoot it so it goes off quicker.

dropslash
Jun 25, 2003, 08:50 PM
Also, you get EXP for every enemy your trap hits. So for HU's in "long" rooms, if you're headed for the back (furthest away) section of the room, leave a trap in the beginning of the room so you get some EXP when the non-frontline players off them.

Or freeze/confuse one group, leave them for others to finish, and move on to another bunch of enemies.

LegendaryMage
Jun 25, 2003, 09:56 PM
And if your playing F1 in Battle the traps are very efficent.

s.TiNgEr
Jun 25, 2003, 10:00 PM
lol..... I never got around to useing traps http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif