PDA

View Full Version : Exp. Trick

ShadowCaster
Jun 16, 2003, 01:16 PM
I was going thru http://www.gamefaqs.com the other day searching for a Good Walkthrough for Black & White amd decided to look for PSO stuff. Surely enough after merely clicking the Gamecube link, PSO Ep. I & II had appeared. I looked and it was the number one with the highest posting in message boards. So I clicked and one of the things that caught my eye was a topic name 11m Exp Trick.

I thought wow 11 milloion exp is great. I looked and it said that when doing East Tower, the third floor has 4 Recoboxes, two pairs of two. I already knew this from experience so I read on. It said something about killing 2 Recoboxes and leaving the Right ones behind. As you know if you've played East tower, the Right Recoboxes don't spit the Recons. It continued to say "Kill all other monsters left in the room, then with a mech with exp stealing, like Master's or King, shoot the Recobox" It also said something about making sure to unequip any God/Powers you have to make the damage low.

So here is a perfexctly viale Exp. Trick I'm going online momentarilyto try it out. Please report your findings as I will too.

Cya.

Roontek
Jun 16, 2003, 04:37 PM
ok, so how and were does the 11 million exp come from? Do you do a sorta TP trick or what? I mean you just dropped off the main subject and forgot to add how to get that 11 million exp.

Soja-Soulcrusher
Jun 16, 2003, 09:55 PM
What he's saying you do is that you equip a pair of mechguns (read: MECHGUNS, as in the weakest ones with the green bullets) with the Lord or King ability. Recoboxes cough up a lot of EXP, and with an attack power that low, you could just keep pounding away for uber amounts of EXP while barely scratching the enemy. I, perhaps, exercise a variation of this trick with Mothmants and Monests in the Forest (offline as I am unable to go online (yet)). It's simply a matter of exploiting the Lord or King ability in a very weak weapon on a very strong monster.

HaLLa
Jun 16, 2003, 11:15 PM
This is a cheat and yuo can not post them here

Maximus1
Jun 16, 2003, 11:26 PM
On 2003-06-16 21:15, HaLLa wrote:
This is a cheat and yuo can not post them here

Tell this to the guy who posted about canabins in ult mines...tell this to the guy who posted about repeating boss fights online...

Losers have rights too...let them tell other losers how to not enjoy the game...

Soukosa
Jun 16, 2003, 11:48 PM
On 2003-06-16 21:26, Maximus1 wrote:
Tell this to the guy who posted about canabins in ult mines...tell this to the guy who posted about repeating boss fights online...

Losers have rights too...let them tell other losers how to not enjoy the game...

The person that posted the boss cheat got banned. The canabin trick is known by ST and is okay with most people. I personally see nothing wrong with this, if they didn't want you getting exp so easily, they wouldn't have put in exp stealing specials.

Reenee
Jun 17, 2003, 12:03 AM
Wouldn't this trick apply to offline Recoboxes? I have seen 'boxes that don't spit out any Recons.

In fact, it'll work against any enemy you can get stuck against a "wall". Example:

In Mine 1, there's certain variations where you can make a Sinow Beat/Gold (or Blue/Red) appear as the last wave of enemies. You can see that the outer regions of the room branch out with little rectangular platforms (they either lead into a door or a lock-downed wall).

Just run to these platforms when you know you're going to see the Sinows and provoke them to come down from the ceiling. Run back into these platforms when you see them come after you. If you do this right, you'd see the Sinow prepare the jump, but it won't. It'll just hit that edge and not walk towards you. Gillchics can also do this.

Reenee
Jun 17, 2003, 12:04 AM
Wouldn't this trick apply to offline Recoboxes? I have seen 'boxes that don't spit out any Recons.

In fact, it'll work against any enemy you can get stuck against a "wall". Example:

In Mine 1, there's certain variations where you can make a Sinow Beat/Gold (or Blue/Red) appear as the last wave of enemies. You can see that the outer regions of the room branch out with little rectangular platforms (they either lead into a door or a lock-downed wall).

Just run to these platforms when you know you're going to see the Sinows and provoke them to come down from the ceiling. Run back into these platforms when you see them come after you. If you do this right, you'd see the Sinow prepare the jump, but it won't. It'll just hit that edge and not walk towards you. Gillchics can also do this.

Soukosa
Jun 17, 2003, 12:25 AM
Yeah, the trick should work with anything that can't move or attack you. A mothvist that doesn't spit out mothverts right away would be another good enemy to do this on, since if you're constanting hitting it, it won't ever have a chance to spit any out. There's an offline quest that has one like that, I just can't think of which one it is (I just played it the day).

ShadowCaster
Jun 17, 2003, 12:59 PM
Ok, I'm loser and I'm not trying to ruin the game for people either. I just can't find a King/Master's Mechgun and was simply asking if someone could try it to see if it was worth it.

I didn't drop off the 11 million exp subject because so far I haven't justified and it and I would not go around posting "11 Million Exp. Tricks" neways.

The Canbine Ring trick is ingenious. Don't put the person down as a cheater flamer or whatever.

Yes the continuous boss cheat is just that, a cheat. The person who posted it has been banned and well, thats that.

So, all these people who are posting crap like "Losers have rights too... let them tell other losers how not to enjoy the game..." can take a 'flying leap.' I put this out there in the open and I would greatly appreciate the talking down to people to stop. Buncha Fags

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowCaster on 2003-06-17 11:02 ]</font>

NeoPhatnutz
Jun 17, 2003, 01:14 PM
Buncha Fags LOL....oh, whoops sorry...x_X

Anyways, this isn't really a cheat at all. Its the same thing with the Canabin trick. Knock out all Recons from a box until it doesnt spit out anymore. Pipe out, come back, the Recons are back as well. Funny thing is, online, if you're the only one who piped out and in, not only will the Recons not appear to other players, but Recons will also try to bomb them as well, without doing any damage to them, cause they're simply not there to others. Strange.

But yeah, King Vulcans work wonders on Recoboxes, provided your Special doesnt do any damage. S-Rank Mechguns are FAR better, tho. Get the King's special. Instead of +26exp per hit with a Regular King's weapon, you'll be landing a heaping +80exp per hit! This does wonders for leveling.

HOWEVER...

Anyone take a good look at that title at the Gamefaqs guide? Me thinx you missed some crucial elements in the Uber-Leveling method.

See, sure it can gain a lot of EXP over time, but why say "11 million exp"?

Cause this title lends itself to the REAL method, something you don't accomplish with the game alone. It's not really a cheat, just kinda cheap. I use it, yes. And NO, I'm not gonna spoil it for ya.

You're smart enough to figure it out for yourselves.

Jack
Jun 17, 2003, 01:24 PM
On 2003-06-17 11:14, NeoPhatnutz wrote:
You're smart enough to figure it out for yourselves.

That's placing a lot of confidence in this forum, wouldn't you say?

Richard
Jun 17, 2003, 01:42 PM
I never understood the point of "EXP Tricks" like this, the Canabin thing, and the boss one.

PSO is already a repetitive game, and to sit in the same area doing the same thing over and over, you're making it even more repetitive than it already is. That has got to be the most boring thing imaginable.

For what? EXP? Why do you need EXP? Do you feel cool being on a high level? Do you need to be level 160 to survive in Ultimate Ruins?

I just don't understand.

Roontek
Jun 17, 2003, 02:35 PM
Well, I played last night, all night long, and did just that, sat there with my Vulcans stealing around 42 EXP with every shot, lucky thing is I got good % Vulcans so I am happy....It does work, just is really boring! Oh well got mu HUcast up 13 lvls so I am happy. I found it easier to equip GOD/arms if you have any...

Reenee
Jun 18, 2003, 12:16 AM
On 2003-06-16 22:25, Kalonera wrote:
A mothvist that doesn't spit out mothverts right away would be another good enemy to do this on, since if you're constanting hitting it, it won't ever have a chance to spit any out. There's an offline quest that has one like that, I just can't think of which one it is (I just played it the day).

Actually, if you just wait for the 'verts to stop coming, the 'vist won't spit out anymore. That thing doesn't have an infinite supply ya know.

Reenee
Jun 18, 2003, 12:17 AM
On 2003-06-16 22:25, Kalonera wrote:
A mothvist that doesn't spit out mothverts right away would be another good enemy to do this on, since if you're constanting hitting it, it won't ever have a chance to spit any out. There's an offline quest that has one like that, I just can't think of which one it is (I just played it the day).

Actually, if you just wait for the 'verts to stop coming, the 'vist won't spit out anymore. That thing doesn't have an infinite supply ya know.