PDA

View Full Version : FF11 vs. PSO

FinalPhantasyStar
Jun 16, 2003, 08:31 PM
Ok everyone FF11 is definently comin to North America. The PC vesion will be comin in late 2003. Followed by the PS2 vesion in early 2004. Now, I'm a huge FF fan and an online FF sounds so cool to me its not even funny. The game looks so cool. But...it(just like PSO) has a fee for online gaming. I may be forced to choose http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif So, I want to know what you people think. Pso or FF11. O, bye the way, heres the link to the FF11 official site. Just incase your curious. http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml

Mizu
Jun 16, 2003, 08:44 PM
I voted for PSO. I've never owned a system that has FF avaible for it, and I never buy PC games. Therefore, I never tried it. I'd like to, and maybe buy it, only if it came out for Xbox.

Frozt
Jun 16, 2003, 09:25 PM
Uhh about a year ago I saw it in a magazine but my god it seems a little limited on character customizing options lol every ones in armor and they all have low cut hair which looks cool to! dont get me wrong but think about it every one is going to be aiming for that one classic name Cloud , my god I see 3 different clouds in a pso lobby a day think of how many Clouds you will see in this, I would like to try it cuz im a huge FF fan.

Dhylec
Jun 16, 2003, 09:35 PM
i'm undecided on this..
i've not played ff11 to judge it vg pso http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

GuerillaPimp
Jun 17, 2003, 09:48 AM
doesnt FF11 have a per character fee???

MonoxideChild
Jun 17, 2003, 11:10 AM
Yeah, but at least they can stop cheating unlike Sonic Team.

MonoxideChild
Jun 17, 2003, 11:10 AM
P.S.: I don't have to wait long. I get my beta kti today. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Bloodberry
Jun 17, 2003, 12:30 PM
FF11. Having more than 4 people working together at once > ABS. Although it seems FF11 battle system is active enough already with that TP thing and magic/burst/chains combos whatever. That and PSO is getting dated :

SubstanceD
Jun 17, 2003, 01:06 PM
I am not impressed by Fianl Fantasy XI at all and I won't be buying it when it comes out ( which I am sorry to say, the first Final Fantasy game that is available to me that I won't purchase ). Then again my vote is slightly biased since I am Offline only on PSO ( all though I keep promising to go Online one day ), I don't play any games Online and FFXI is Online only although I swear that my decision is also based on info recieved on gameplay.

As Bloodberry pointed out PSO can and is getting a bit old so if you like what you see and you can afford it then I say give it a go.

Cex
Jun 18, 2003, 02:46 AM
PSO is so old and boring. It's almost the exact same game that we played on DC. I had to take speed just to keep myself awake while playing it. FF11 all the way...

Kid_Icarus
Jun 18, 2003, 03:39 AM
Neither one. I'm gonna play nothing online.

but if you put a gun to my head FFXI

EliteDragoon
Jun 18, 2003, 07:05 AM
if you go to FF11 are you going to give your items away?
im getting TFLO=TrueFantasyLiveOnline

Nerd
Jun 18, 2003, 07:39 AM
$50 + network adaptor + ONLINE GAME ONLY = ffxi = PSO wins yay!

Dime
Jun 18, 2003, 10:21 PM
ff11 isnt even out....pso

Reenee
Jun 19, 2003, 12:15 AM
On 2003-06-18 20:21, Dime wrote:
ff11 isnt even out....pso

Oh yes it is...in Japan.

Look at the bright side: Japanese users have to pay for the add-on pack that's soon to debut. US players get it included with FFXI at no charge.

RuneLateralus
Jun 19, 2003, 07:00 AM
Actually, the expansion pack is already available. It came out in April. I got the FFXI all in one package when that came out.

I will say from the Japanese version, I am really liking FFXI. The game is really fun...even if I have a big communication problem with 95% of the other players.

Though installation was a BIG pain in the ass.

Para
Jun 19, 2003, 11:08 PM
never tried FFXI so cant really vote but imma big PSO fan XD