PDA

View Full Version : I was Moderated....

NaVeR
Mar 14, 2001, 03:51 AM
Well I guess that was kinda unkind to me....but it's not my message board so hey, f*** it. Anyway, Shala_ to your answer about my last thread....you can change the percentages on weapons and change the slots on the armor as well. You just have to be noticing what you do when you create your own Item. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif I know I sure was when I first did it. Well, all I'm saying is don't feel bad when you start to find spread needles with 50% - Native 50% - A. Beast 50% - Machine 50% - Dark 50% - Hit. Because it will be all my fault http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Danger_Girl
Mar 14, 2001, 04:53 AM
Oh NaVeR, sweetie. You where moderated to prevent you from being flamed by 99% of the people who post here. We don't take real kind to those code thingies around here. So I suggest you just keep it to yourself. I'm not going to flame you dear, or lecture you on how your hurting the game. I'll just say you might have trouble making friends around here.

Crawurm
Mar 14, 2001, 06:06 AM
well and this sorta fits in the Cheaters message board (there is one here)

Ambrai
Mar 14, 2001, 11:25 AM
A common missconception is that I delete peoples threads when in reality I move them to the cheaters forum. Check there and if it wasnt moved please PM me as I am curious to what the problem was.

NaVeR
Mar 14, 2001, 01:25 PM
Danger_Girl, I'm not here to make friends, I'm here for the knowledge that gets spread around. If I wanted to make friends, I would go to a club. But in my opinion, at least you are mature enough not to flame on me. I just want info on more GS codes. If you don't like that I do it here, just tell me to move it somewhere else. But I noticed the CHEATERS section ONLY FLAMES on people. It does not talk about the topic of cheating in a POSITIVE way. So I can't go there to post this. Understand where I'm coming from?

Neojin
Mar 14, 2001, 01:33 PM
Well NaVeR the point being made I think is PSO World is basicaly non-cheaters. There are other forums where you are more than welcome to disscuss the subject of cheating and it is accepted there. Generaly here it is not.

BTW I'm glad your not here to make friends...saved me the trouble http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

Ambrai
Mar 14, 2001, 02:01 PM
Ah any commentary on cheating/cheaters/theives/accusations gets dumped to cheaters as soon as I see it.

Socrates
Mar 14, 2001, 05:11 PM
"It does not talk about the topic of cheating in a POSITIVE way."

Heh. That's because the vast majority of the PSO World members (and the semi-official stance of the management) is that there is no positive aspect of cheating in PSO. PSO World does not condone, support, or promote cheating, so you're not going to find much of what you're looking for here, I'm afraid.

Seutekh
Mar 14, 2001, 09:35 PM
Well, NeV, I can understand yer position.

Heck, as much as I hate to admit it, I'm here more for the info than friends myself. But then again, I've met some great people, and I've gotta say their worth more than everthing I found out put together.

And sorry your stuff got moved... but like they said "we don't take kindly to cheaters 'round these parts."

But still, no flame here, and I'm not even going to lecture about it... there's enough of that on this board already. If you're really interested (I doubt it, even I'm growing a tad weary of it, despite the fact that I share most of their opinions.) you can always look back a few pages.

On the other hand, If you've got something decent to post (non-cheat oriented) then I'm all ears. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

NaVeR
Mar 15, 2001, 09:21 AM
Okay, then here is something non-cheat oriented. If any of you want to play with me, use AIM and contact me at WcNaVeR. Most of the time I am cheating, but if you tell me not to, I won't. I'll just equip a wand or something with my FOnewm. But seriously, I just want to prove to all of you that cheaters do not suck all of the time. The reason I started to cheat with this game was because I didn't want to spend 500+ hours trying to find one f'n weapon on my own. Sorry but I got things to take care of in real life. Anyway, I just want to prove to all of you that I can hang with the best of them here. All I want is a fair shot, and not to be condoned for cheating.

Maverick
Mar 15, 2001, 11:57 AM
Nah.. all cheaters suck. I mean, if they didn't suck, they wouldn't have to cheat. Right?

NaVeR
Mar 15, 2001, 12:10 PM
Hey maverick all I have to say is why don't I prove your wrong and play a game with me? Or are you afraid that this "cheater" might be better than you without cheating? Take a chance and have an open mind. Being labeled a cheater to me is no big deal, but I don't like the statement that "ALL CHEATERS SUCK", because frankly I don't. Not to brag, because I know there are plenty of people that can do this, but why don't you go in a game with some lvl 40's that want to beat Dark Falz only to notice that they can't survive his holy attack. What do you do then? Hmm.. well I Reverser'd them all, Healed them all, and even took Dark Falz on my own w/o their help. Now if you don't believe, hey who cares. But my point here is to show you that not ALL cheaters suck.

NaVeR
Mar 15, 2001, 12:14 PM
Oh and maverick, read the above post on why I cheat. Some people can't take the time to even read these days http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

Maverick
Mar 15, 2001, 12:23 PM
I did read your posts and they failed to impress me, just like your last string of replies.

Honestly, I could give a fuck if you're a "better" player than I am. PSO isn't a contest. Furthermore, my post wasn't an attack on you, but rather a comment on cheaters as a whole.

Re: Cheating. The fact of the matter is that cheating is designed for the lazy bastids of society who'd rather not work for anything. By your own admission you fall into this category, as you didn't feel like having to look for an item. Sorry man, but I don't play with lazy bastids. I'm not putting Hucast ass on the line for someone afraid to work for his own accomplishments. But that's just me. I'm sure there are others who'll gladly group with you.

Mitsurugi
Mar 15, 2001, 12:28 PM
I think what everyone is pretty much saying is tha you should ask somewhere else for cheat codes and such.. and I would be afraid you would beat me or be better then me if we played.. of course. Why wouldn't I be? I mean, you cheat. You could have the perfect character for all I, or anyone else knows. So no need to thrash back. Think about what you say.

NaVeR
Mar 15, 2001, 12:53 PM
I do think about what I say. The point I'm trying to get across to all of you is that I played this game for over 350+ hours and found only 7 rares. Even though this is the way Sega intended this game to be, it pretty much sucks. But this is just my opinion. And Maverick you are absolutely right, I don't care if there are better players out there than me. My comment was to show you that I am a good player without cheating. Sorry if I took it as an offense toward me, but it sure seemed like you were pointing your fingers at me with that post you made. And to Mitsuguri, as I said in the before posts, I want to play a game with any of you, WITHOUT CHEATING to show you that some CHEATERS can play the game WITHOUT CHEATING, and be good at it. But apparently you guys seem to not welcome my kind here at these boards, my guess is because of the superficial attitude you guys have. No offense intended, just stating what I see.

Ishamiyal
Mar 17, 2001, 09:56 PM
Hmmm.... I guess I am startled by the complete lack of A) tolerance of views & B)the inability of everyone posting to this thread to see what IS from what ISNT. So the guy cheats ? Lets be honest, in and of itself, this is harmful to nobody- allow me to expound upon this for a moment. Thieving is an entirely seperate issue from 'cheating' (this term is so ambiguous it disgusts me). Everyone hates a thief and rightfully so. There is no excuse for it and the blame for its existence rests with Sonic Team, not the Game Shark- agreed ? But let's not confuse the issue. Other than codes that allow disruption on a server lvl (thereby causing data loss on a player's VMU), how does cheating affect your game experience to the point of the attitudes relflected here ? Other than the ability to read stats on weapons & armor, luck finding rares aside, what REAL skill is involved in playing this game ? If I hear one more person talk about being better than another, I am gonna vomit- there isnt even a player vs player arena in this game ! So who cares ?! There are no real mind bending puzzles here, right ? No lighting qwik reflexes required, right ? The way I see it, the only real valuable skill in this game is the ability to type- and no cheat is gonna get around that. No cheat is going to help or hinder 4 people playing as a TEAM- the whole point of the online game. The 'IS' here is ATTITUDE. Either you have team players or u have thieves, etc.- and that is a personal, moral, issue for each player that is not magically redefined against one's will by electronic hardware. The 'ISNT' here is 'cheating'- the way it seems to be defined on this site, anyway. Personally I think people using the Game Shark are missing out on half of the game EXPERIENCE, but as I too work 36 hr shifts sometimes, I can see the argument. Instead of lambasting each other over semantic and relative issues, why not try to solve the problem at the 'SOURCE', where there seems to be some shortcomings. Team Sonic has some liabilty in this dillema/argument- tell them what you do and dont wanna see at the server lvl. Your payin' for this game, right ? You wanted a sequel, and you got one didnt you ? (tentatively) They'll listen...

killerb255
Mar 22, 2001, 04:11 PM
Actually, I do see what you're saying. It is just a game however, and it's not exactly player vs. player (I can see how ugly this can get once PSO2 comes out)...

...the thing is, though, that the more rare items are being acquired through hacking the games themselves (kinding like duplicating someone's profile a few million times via NT/2000 workstations, or even a virus on one workstation being spread to others: the server didn't cause it. It was just the path.) It's almost like blaming the oxygen in the air when someone says something offensive to someone else.

You have to remember: it's still hurting others when items got by illegitimate means are being spread to others, just like a virus. Although a few people may have blamed the servers, it's the "workstations" or Dreamcasts w. Game Sharks and whatnot.

So does cheating by itself hurt others? Well:

Pros of cheating:

- You get the good items first always
- You don't have to worry about dying as much
- You can save a lot of time that you could be using for real-life responsibilities

Cons of cheating:

- It makes others see their earned work as vainful.

(Example: Bob and Bill work at whips, dips, and chains. Bob sells the most whips, worked the longest, but Bill gets the promotion. If you were Bill, what would you do? If you were Bob, what would you do?)

- (in the case of PSO): it makes rare rewards too common. How much would the dollar bill be worth if counterfeiting was legal? Instead of spending $1.00 for a loaf of bread, you'll spend about $400.00 for a loaf of bread!

- It ruins the experiences and any lessons learned that the programmers and the game designers intended for the end-user.

Killer B: My Level 21 character had 1 HP left and barely kicked someone's ass before escaping. That was exciting. Now I'm at Level 100. I've got many more memories where that came from. How about you, newbie?

Level 100 Newbie: Well...uh...uh...well...uh...I never was at Level 21...

Killer B: Then...how did you get to Level 100?

Newbie: I cheated, bitch! That's how!

Killer B: My character is like months old of long-grueling battles. How old is your character?

Newbie: Uh...three hours.

Killer B: Get the hell off my team...

Is my reaction to this harsh? Somewhat. Legitimate? Absolutely. Even if Newbie didn't realize it or doesn't want to believe it (which most cheaters don't), he just indirectly kicked me in the nuts!

Ultimately, cheaters may not hurt others directly, save for maybe thieves and PKers, but they do hurt others indirectly. NaVeR, although he doesn't hurt others directly, is depicted by others as performing a selfish act: not caring about the hard-earned rewards of others and only caring about his own game experience. Are we wrong? Probably. Are we just? Absolutely. Of course his so-called "selfishness" is nil compared to that of, say, 420Master. Basically he seems to be all for himself, caring little to none about the experiences of others. Perhaps to him, we're nothing more than characters in a figment of his imagination, or maybe he just hates himself. After all, hatred towards others = hatred towards oneself, unless someone can prove me wrong on this (believe me, no one has yet...and no, I'm not saying that to stroke my ego...).