PDA

View Full Version : Procrastination Sucks

MasterJoel
Jun 18, 2003, 11:02 PM
Yeah... I have had to do a lot of things today... 6 weeks worth math homework, a resume, a 6 page essay on a mathematician, group project designing a concept restaurant from the ground up... and this could have been avoided if i had just done things earlier... but i have such a hard time becoming motivated... bah! back to work. need to do my essay on Poincare! 2 days left of school!

Orange_Coconut
Jun 18, 2003, 11:05 PM
I know what you mean, and I'm actually going through practically the same thing. I have so many assignments needed to be made up, and I have two days of school left as well.

I almost had to take summer school because of my 2nd semester grades. I got depressed for a while and did not do any work whatsoever.

What's even worse, I procrastinate and I'm an insomniac. Nothing like pure guilt to make you feel horrible :/

ABDUR101
Jun 18, 2003, 11:16 PM
...I waited until the night before to finish a project that we had over 6 weeks to finish. ...then I handed it in and dropped out afew days later.

I never felt bad about procrastinating with school work, for the sole fact that I could'nt do that well anyway, so it did'nt matter if I did it slowly over 6 weeks or rushed it the night before, it was still going to look only as good as I could get it right then and there.

If you can procrastinate and then make up for it, or do atleast an ok job when you DO get around to doing it, then it's not bad at all.

When it comes to procrastinating around the house, it's a coin toss. Sometimes I'll get up and do it right away, other times I'll weigh it's important and wait the day out and then do it, depending on entirely what it is.

Sometimes I can let my room go without being tidied up for over a month or so, and then I walk up the stairs one day, look around and go "...omg..." and then I start getting everything organised and so on.

....I'm going to stop posting now..could explain more but suddenly my head feels like it's going inward and I don't care enough to try and make sentences that are understandable.

Aero_Ruisu
Jun 18, 2003, 11:33 PM
I procratinate everything PSO has ruined my life, but also made it amazing. I am on summer break now nothing can go wrong. On a side note this site should have a 12-step PSO addiction therepy

MasterJoel
Jun 19, 2003, 03:39 AM
Umm... yeah... therapy...

Anyhow, I got most of it done, and well too! whee, cause I get to sleep for 2 1/2 hours before school too! I am such a cool person... or maybe not.

Bah! Stupid Le Kiwi Rouge, stupid Poincare, stupid math homework, stupid menus! I'm going to die http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

tennis_guy
Jun 19, 2003, 03:44 AM
i know what you mean. My AP chemistry teacher didn't have us turn in our lab write ups after a lab till like 2 months later! And by then we'd have like 4 due on the same day....and if you hadnt done the earlier ones...you were screwed!!!man procrastination sucks to the max!

Nerd
Jun 19, 2003, 05:14 AM
I forgot to go to school this semester...

What's worse is this is college and i had to pay for it.

ok its JUNIOR college but i STILL had to pay for it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Hunter4life
Jun 19, 2003, 07:14 PM
WOHOO!! Procrastinators Unite!.......Tomorrow...

Light_Angel_Maria
Jun 19, 2003, 07:43 PM
I ended up putting off 4 months of schoolwork just because I didn't feel like doing it. *shrugs and sighs* but that means I now have to do schoolwork throughout the summer to catch up... Whoopee!

Trickstr
Jun 20, 2003, 12:35 AM
I take a different veiw procrastination is telling us something about our body, like it's BORED! Homework, Homework, homework I'm sick of it I have load I should be doing now, but cant be stuffed to be honest anyway from now on veiw it as a sign that your BORED

Kent
Jun 20, 2003, 10:00 AM
You're still in school?

It's June, schools here get out in early May.

Sham
Jun 20, 2003, 12:14 PM
On 2003-06-20 08:00, Kent wrote:
You're still in school?

It's June, schools here get out in early May.

And you probably start in August.

Trickstr
Jun 20, 2003, 05:23 PM
I've already had my 2 week break *hits head against ground*

Light_Angel_Maria
Jun 22, 2003, 03:08 PM
well, i'm homeschooled, and where I live, school just ended on the 20th of june. though, we start on sept. 3rd over here. (i stopped working during winter break, and didn't do any other work for the rest of the school year. >.< and it really sucks...)

MasterJoel
Jun 22, 2003, 03:18 PM
yup, friday was my last day... it was enjoyable... now i get 3 whole weeks of pure unadulterated bliss! and then back to school. bah! must start partyin'!!!

Jehosaphaty
Jun 22, 2003, 04:41 PM
i dunno, i always procrastinate, and things generally work out. it sucks tho wen it bites u in tha butt. like forgetting to write an english term paper until the nite before its due. ouch. eh, i actually forgot that time, but i guess i put it off and that caused me to forget to do it. o well

cheers

Ness
Jun 22, 2003, 04:45 PM
I figured it out the hard way myself. I had to stay up all night once to complete a math project.

AgentNitz
Jun 23, 2003, 12:56 PM
why do today what you can do tomorrow...
why drink beer tomorrow when you can drink it today?

AgentNitz
Jun 23, 2003, 12:57 PM
or...
procrastination's like masturbation: it sounds like a good idea at the time, but in the end all you're really doing is f***ing yourself