PDA

View Full Version : PSO with BBA?

alpha
Feb 17, 2001, 04:42 PM
I tried the dial up server thing a few post ago and it didnt work...im mad, would there be any way to go from the DC with BBA->PC with 2 NetCards->DSL? If so how? If not why doesnt someone come up with something like it cuz the other thing dont werk for me and single player is getting boring, Thanks.

SuperSubZero
Feb 17, 2001, 06:23 PM
If you don't have a router and your DSL runs direct from the wall to the back of your PC, you need a NIC card and then a hub (or crossover cable).. Connected to the BBA, and then you just use Internet Connection Sharing with Win98 or WinME. It should work fine.

I love my DSL setup. I have a DSL router which connects to my 8-port 10/100 switch. The DC is just another node on my network like my PC's. Everything gets real internet IP's and they are all happy and cheerful. I haven't hugged my router lately.. I probably should.

-SSZ

Veg
Feb 17, 2001, 10:21 PM
SuperSubZero,

Could you be a bit more specific about your networking setup, i.e. the brand of router you are using? I've been trying to get my Linksys router working with PSO. I can connect with DreamPassport 3.0, but in PSO I get disconnects if I try to join a lobby with people in it, or if someone joins my team. Does your DSL provider use PPPoE or DHCP? From my readings on Usenet, I believe that PPPoE might be the problem, even though I don't know why it matters with my router taking care of all the PPPoE protocol stuff.

My setup:
SWB DSL, uses PPPoE, I only get 1 IP
Linksys 1 port Cable/DSL router
Linksys 5 port, 10mps hub

SuperSubZero, if you can provide me with any info on your setup, or suggest a solution for mine, I would be much obliged.(heh, that goes for anyone else too)

SuperSubZero
Feb 18, 2001, 03:17 AM
I have a Flowpoint 2200 router, a specific DSL router from my ISP. It's considered a "corporate" router and I don't think I've ever seen it for sale anywhere in stores.

My setup is DHCP, I actually get my IP right from the router. Since I have real IP's, my range of addresses never changes.

You may have some port blocked by proxy or firewall that you need to release or something.. I haven't activated that feature on my router yet since I don't have anything really "outside accessible" on my network.

I have read that PSO isn't PPPoE friendly, but some pepole get it working while many don't. The FAQ even say it won't work with PPPoE.

-SSZ

alpha
Feb 18, 2001, 01:11 PM
aiight, i have a router but i can bring it back, i think ill do the internet sharing, how would i go about doing that? an another thing, is a NIC a ethernet card? will i need 2 ethernet cards/NICs or what? Thanks.

alpha
Feb 18, 2001, 01:13 PM
i can get my hands on one of those flowpoint routers off of ebay, $30, should I do that?