PDA

View Full Version : swapping items between characters

MsFortune
Mar 14, 2001, 12:47 PM
i had heard somewhere about how it is good to start a new character and equip him with your old stuff thus helping out, eg giving maxed out mag.
How is this possible given that you can't put both offline or online at once, and when you change you lose the items?
Is there any way to max out a mag with tp, then give it to a humar etc to give a major boost? (without relying on someone else to be the middleman).

MechDan
Mar 14, 2001, 01:00 PM
You need someone else to be the middleman. I personally haven't done this. Once, transfered a lot of money from one char to another through a friend, but as it turned out I never dipped into that money even though the new character was a Force.

There's no way to increase TP with a maxxed out Mag, but the Mag can give a huge Mind bonus.

MsFortune
Mar 14, 2001, 01:19 PM
i dont get it... when my mag is unequiped my TP is like 350, then it goes up to 700+ when i equip it. surely if i gave it to a hunter to equip his TP would go up by 350 also?

Drake
Mar 14, 2001, 01:24 PM
MAGs do increase TP; the bonus just doesn't show up on the status screen.

Viper3
Mar 14, 2001, 01:36 PM
Yeah, I've done this recently. I had a lvl 81 hunter with a Yellowboze Section ID. All the Sega reps I talked to said that Yellowboze was pretty pathetic for finding rare items. They definitely weren't kidding, as I had over 200 hours logged in, was playing constantly on VHard & had very little to show for it. When I created my new character, I went online with my friend, gave him the stuff I wanted to keep & then came on with my new character & got it back from him. My friend is Yellowboze too & he's gonna do the same thing, as soon as he gets another VMU.

MechDan
Mar 14, 2001, 04:24 PM
Oh. All this time and I never noticed. ^_^;

Khaotika
Mar 14, 2001, 06:31 PM
I do this all the time. ^_^

First, you have to find someone that you trust completely. Then, you both find a ship/block to meet on. You start a closed game with that person.

Once there, you just take out all the items you want to trade to your other character. It helps if the other person can pick up and hold these items, as you really never know when the server might crash, or the other person may be disconnected accidentally.

Then, all you do is quit and save, then log back on as your other character, go into the game, and get the items back from the other person.

I do this with my brother all the time. He even created a character called 'Storagebot01' to store all the unusable spells and weapons he finds. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

-Khaotika!

"I mean, a RAmar has no use for an Alive Aghu. Best give it to your Force ASAP to clear space..."

Josh
Mar 14, 2001, 07:47 PM
Yeah, I've done this with my RAmar. One time, I couldn't find anyone on, so I decided to be risky:
I joined a normal game that had 1 person in it with my level 86 HUmar, and said something like: "Hello. I'm gonna switch to my level 13 RAmar so I can play with you. Wait up, please http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif" He was in forest 1. I ran to the principals office, dropped my items i wanted to transfer in the back of the room, disconnected, switched vmus, reconnected with ramar, rejoined game, grabbed my stuff, and killed stuff in the forest with the other guy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_biggrin.gif